Jets trading for Joe Flacco

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It should have NEVER come to this.. Flacco should have been re-signed.

2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Flacco can help guys like Mims and Moore so there is a small upside. He wont do crap for Zach but give him cold looks.

But seriously, we had him, let him walk, didn't sign his replacement, and then traded to get him back.

Its stupid, but its also hilarious. Were like the children's table at Christmas.

REVISion, SOJAZ, blackssmagic and 2 others like this.
  3. Cman68

Aren't the Detroit Lions giving us a run for our money?

ouchy likes this.
  4. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

This season is like an episode of The Twilight Zone.

It gets more weird/strange/bizarre by the week.

Pepsiguy5 and SOJAZ like this.
  5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Maybe this move was made to give us laughter after getting so down after yesterday's debacle.

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The opposite, Flacco should have never been traded for. He’s a terrible scheme fit and seemingly had no desire to mentor a younger quarterback. Letting him go was the right move, bringing him back and giving up a draft pick to do it is the mistake.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's unfortunate that the fans in the know understand that this regime is mostly dead at this point. We're probably 6 months ahead of the owners in that regards.

Maybe we can find a Miracle Max to make mostly dead just partly dead?

REVISion and ouchy like this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Good move

...for the Eagles

SOJAZ and Acad23 like this.
  9. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Seriously….A complete waste of a 5th round pick right here.

What does Flacco offer that JJ or Mike White doesn’t? We’re still going to get smoked and even if he gives us a better chance to win, it’s probably better in the long term to lose this year.

If you couldn’t trust JJ or White then why not sign a vet like Flacco for ZERO draft capital in the off-season???

Joke

REVISion likes this.
  10. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

So all you saying this is dumb, what's your alternative since none of you seemed to want to post one.

Mogriffjr, dmw, Aero and 1 other person like this.
  11. RedRoute1

RedRoute1 Guest

What this says to me is the entire mgt team (JD / Saleh and the CS) is incredibly desperate for wins at all costs as they totally are feeling the heat of a season unraveling at warp speed. With Wilson on the shelf for a bit, they scrambled to find someone at this stage of the year who might help them to get a W to take the heat off...Development/Progress is taking a back seat to getting a W and trying desperately to show this offense and ML does work by bringing in a scrap heap vet who has a better chance of doing this than White. Total desperation for a team in disarray...first panic move I've seen by JD in his time here.

REVISion, SOJAZ, NYJalltheway and 2 others like this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

They have 4 +.500 finishes in the past decade and two other 7-9 years to boot.

They're bad but their coach has had them within a possession of tying or winning 4/6 games.

jetstopgun likes this.
  13. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

I'm not so upset about the late pick as much as I am that I have to watch Flacco behind center for this team again..... Last time he was here he was worse than Darnold.

SOJAZ and NY Jets68 like this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Let Mike White play and it is what it is. That's what JD and Saleh decided would be the alternative if Wilson went down.

The reality is that they should've made a signing like this in the off season. And didn't Flacco already say he doesn't mentor young QBs he's just here to play?

REVISion, SOJAZ, ouchy and 1 other person like this.
  15. Cman68

The Geniuses errr... Rookie newbie CS who are driving this mobile trainwreck didn't think they needed a Vet QB. If they didn't like anybody else who was available, they should have stayed with the "devil they knew".

16. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I am praying with everything in my being that this is simply insurance because there's nobody else on the roster behind White. There can't be any possibility that they are bringing him here with the intention to start him at any point, can there? No effing way.

barfolomew likes this.
  17. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Save the draft pick and get our doors blown off with anyone else under center already on the roster

18. Cman68

At least he had a deep ball that was accurate.

19. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

guys chill. it's at worst a 5th rounder. barely even a difference considering we have extra picks in rounds 1,2, and 4 this year. It's a move for the guys in the locker room that we are still trying to win and not giving up with zach out. flacco is well respected in the league he'll be respected in the locker room it's really not a big deal and he does give us a better chance then white does. With that said we are playing the bengals and were gonna get destroyed anyway. the positive is I have burrow, mixon, and chase on one of my fantasy teams so i'm expecting a huge week from all 3

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think the trade up for AVT was a panic move. It made little sense in the context of a team that is every position group away from being a decent team.

But the OL build last year was a disaster and we've been reminded of that again this season. So getting the one good OL probably seemed like an absolute necessity, instead of taking 3 young guys who could have helped the team across multiple units.

REVISion, SOJAZ, ouchy and 1 other person like this.