Moss waits for Chad

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RDriven3, Jan 1, 2007.

1. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

2 words...dexter manly...

but serously...ill give you credit for a pretty well laid arguement. i still dont want randy moss here, but you made a better case for himcomming here drunk than many guys here do sober.

2. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

Wasted? Keep his nose clean? This isn't the guy that has problems with everybody around him a la TO, nor does he have a long criminal record, a la the Bengals. The media hates him, but seriously, I've asked this a few times, can anyone point to this long list of examples showing how Moss is such a cancer and such? I know he's had a few instances, but it's not like he ever robbed anyone or anything like that, all I can think of is the time he squirted water at somebody (ooooh what a monster, throw him in jail forever~!!) and the time he mimed mooning the GB fans (who had actually mooned him every time he went to GB for years).

The guy is in the NFL, and he's put up great seasons until this year, and this year you have to blame the Raiders organization more than you really can Moss. Wasted potential would be putting up non-Pro Bowl seasons, not being arguably the best WR in football year in and year out (again, until this year, and maybe one other time in his career). I really think you are too hard on this guy man.

3. GreenScreen313

GreenScreen313 New Member

4. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

I disagree with all this "non-mangini-guy" talk. So Moss has had a super ego and does what he wants. Remember Kevan Barlow, the guy called Mike Nolan Hitler and was well known around the league as a me-first, selfish player, he comes to NY starts a few games and then gets put on the inactive list...HE STILL LOVES MANGINI and he was the first one to give him a hug on sunday. It takes a coach to keep a player under control and I think Mangini can do it and with all the respect pennington and moss have for eachother i doubt he would pull his shit, i also think that with the right locker room he can become a nice mentor and leader. I wouldnt mind him

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Straight Cash Homey

6. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Moss hasn't even been in the discussion of one of the best WRs in football for 3 years running now. I don't know what the fascination of "reuniting" Moss with Pennington is, but I suspect we're going to have to hear it until one of them is out of the league.

7. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Randy would be the guy that would gesture and snarl at Chad's deficiencies, no doubt.

Honestly, how would the Jets use Randy Moss? He'd be catching alot of jump balls but not necessarily alot of deep ones....no more than Coles anyways.

8. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Chad Pennington - Starring in The Moss Whisperer.

"This is not the Moss you're looking for" - Obi Wan Pennington 2007.

Good Moss Hunting - A troubled receiver is reigned in to feel the love and passion in his heart that he so long had forgotten. Chad Pennington co-stars as The-Rapist.

9. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

Funny how life repeats itself: don't forget, Moss got himself into trouble and then was dropped by Notre Dame AND Florida State... his only alternative was the fact that Marshall was willing to take a chance on him and Randy's having to drop to I-AA football to keep playing. Coach Pruett took him in, gave him his own number (88), and then kept a short enough leash to get him through the program cleanly. Granted, pro life is not college life, and Randy won't have a handler, but the man has "arrested development" and needs someone to give him 1) enough attention to satisfy his ego and 2) enough discipline to remind him he is not THE team, but simply PART OF the team. Could Mangini do that? Could Chad help?

10. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

No, No, No, No, NO.

You have to be kidding me. Randy Moss is a certifiable lunatic. Didn't he complain about Art Shell's dictatorial coaching? How do you think he'd handle Mangini?

Parcells was supposed to be able to control TO. How has that one worked out?

Additionally, why would we want to help the Raiders out? Watching that franchise of roidheads and miscreants stink it up is quite enjoyable.

I fully expect Arthur Blank to, pre-coaching change, engineer some kind of deal for Randy Moss, since he has so much invested in Michael Vick who is utterly untradeable at this point. If anything, it will sell tickets.

-X-

11. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

No im just talking about when we use 3 reciever sets,Moss would be #1,Coles#2 and Cotch#3

12. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

This is not Allan Iverson, who is a smug thug who plays hard and leaves it all on the court and is worth putting up with. Bryan Cox was similar. This is Randy Moss, who has been known throughout his career to quit on his routes, criticize his teammates, and quit on his team when the going gets tough.

-X-

13. herdgirl410

herdgirl410 New Member

That is exactly why they were such a good pair in college. For some crazy reason, as different as they are, they were friends and Pennignton kept Moss in check. He never ran his mouth, he didn't get into trouble, alot of people contributed that to his friendship with Chad.

14. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Chad is in the lime light so I doubt whether Moss will grow on the north side of Chad's tree.

Translation: Moss is not coming.

15. jetbugga

jetbugga Member

he whispered, "straight cash homie !" as for bryan cox, he did well for the jets.

16. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

we dont use a 3 wr set everydown, therefore we wont sign Moss,especially when we already have a top 5 tandem in Coles in Cotch...its a huge waste of money...plus he wont buy into the system...he just doesnt fit...my opinion isnt biased because i wouldnt mind having him on the Jets...its just the way it is

17. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

hmmmm sounds like somebody else i know, but he called his ex-coach HITLER!

can we say Kevan Barlow??? now look at him, he loves Mangini and he put him on the inactive list the whole last part of the year!

18. blevins

blevins New Member

Something being overlooked in all the pro/con Moss discussion here is the effort (and class) involved in Moss staying behind to give his teamate of 10 years ago, Chad, his congrats. Moss does a lot of selflsh things, but does a lot of selfless things too. He is really good with children. He use to return to Charleston, WV each summer to sign autographs for children (no adults allowed) and often took large groups of low income children to amusement parks (sometimes outside the state of WV) that they would never had gotten to any other way. He never wanted these acts of kindness widely reported.
    He is a real enigma as a person - honest to all but never worrying about how remarks are perceived; kind hearted with children but wary, sullen, and brash with adults; hardworking at his sport in private but giving a public personna of lazy and unmotivated.
    Culpepper did NOT make Moss a great receiver. Moss made all of the QBs he played with at Minnesota appear to be great QBs. The problem at the Raiders is the coaching staff has no clue how to use him (or do anything positive offensively) and if they did Moss would still not be productive due to the worse OL and group of QBs in the NFL.

19. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

Mangini, IMO would think that the talent Moss has would not be worth the trouble he could potentially cause. See TO/Parcells.

20. I bleed Jets Green

I bleed Jets Green New Member

Like I said before. No because of his attitude, Yes Because of his past history with Chad & his abillity.