I have such contempt for Belichick and that franchise...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by allan1, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Those aren't cherry-picked games, those are the last 3 games...

I just posted them to counter your assertion that the Jets had a very hard task in front of them, going into Foxboro and beating the Pats twice in one season. The recent facts say it's not that hard.

2. Sean_in_titletown

Oh Alan you sound like me regarding Yankees fans. Unfortunately the wind swept rain and muddy field are gone. That's the only reason you guys won that game in Foxboro. Those conditions neutralized the game and made it a coin toss. Prepare for more dissapointment on Sunday. Your bitterness and anger will consume you from the inside out. Sleep well this week. I love this match up. It's like having a bye. Vegas has the line at 9 for crying out loud.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm going to have fun watching that vein in Belichick's neck get bigger each time the Jets score on Sunday.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Here's the thing about the game on Sunday: it's not an equal game for equal stakes.

The Jets go in there with a chance to ladle some more gravy onto the meal. If they lose, they lose. A few people here will go ballistic and get depressed, but most of us will say "thank you for the ride and we're looking forward to more next year."

The Patriots go in there facing armageddon. If they win then they get the Mangini monkey off of Belichik's back, although why it's there in the first place none of us has a clue. If they lose they will be castigated as failures by the NFL world in general and will have to spend a soul-searching offseason trying to figure out how much retooling they need to maintain their edge.

I see this as so stacked in the Jet's favor psychologically that I wonder how we can all see the patriots as favorites when all things are taken into account. And yes I understand that under normal circumstances they'd be prohibitive favorites, it's just that these are not normal circumstances.

Making any sense here?

5. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

And your excuse for losing to the 6-10 Dolphins is...what?

You're whining, and it's unseemly.

6. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

the whole point of hating the pats, and more directly BB is that he pulled a bitch move. he was here with parcells, and knew that this was going to become his team once parcells stepped down. once that happened, he fled.

do you really think the pats were the better team right when he joined up to be the HC? i dont. the fact is that he not only backed out of what he said he would do, but he did it in such a sneaky, asshole-like way it infuriated every jet fan.

fast forward to today, and see that there are 3 SB rings on his hand, if you were in our position, you would hate him too. i equate it to being a knicks fan (as i am since childhood) i cant see any knick fan loving jordan. i hate jordan, till this day i hate him as much as i did when i was in jr high and high school. he killed the knicks. year in, and year out. the only diff is that BB screwed the orginization over prior to going on to glory.

i want nothing more than the jets and mangini to knock BB and the pats out of the playoffs. this will sort of like be beating the sox in 04 in the alcs, after that, the world series was gravy. that was the world series...so shall this be the jets SB for 06-07.

7. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

so what youre saying is that the pats cant play in anything but sunny weather? give me a break. they lost that game because they were BEATEN. get off the high horse jerkblossom...your time is nearing its end.

the bengals were giving 6 this past week, the broncos were favored...vegas is always right, huh?

allen, dont listen to the pats loving puke....

8. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Definitely, most of my hate has been fuelled by the arrogant patriots fans on patriotsplanet - dirtywater. Most of it is because of the incredible rivalry i have with chef

9. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

What was the line for Superbowl three??? I think it was 21??

10. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

This is the most beatable Patriots team in years. Jets win, Giants loss, Pioli and Bellicheck go to Big Blue after the season and this Sunday goes down as one of the best days ever. I can dream right?

11. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

I see... muggy rain neutralizes the Pats but freezing cold driving blizzards help the Pats (Oakland & Indy) ... thanks for clearing that up!!!!

12. allan1

allan1 Active Member

almost, I don't want the Giants to get Belichicken and Pioli. It would be a death blow to the Pats but any gain by the Giants is bad news imho. I hate that franchise too.

50/50 that Belichick is coaching the giants next year.

13. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

No stoopid! Obviously this only applies to the Jets, otherwise Sean would be cutting down his own team saying they realistically stood no chance against the Raiders and Colts in neutral territory in ideal conditions.[/sarcasm]

Patriot fans logic, ain't it grand...

14. CHADS_OVERRATED

What a crock of chit,the refs followed the actual rule book and the tuck play was called correctly--Why are you not bringing up the fact that brady was bit_ch slapped on the head that play by woodson and SHOULD have gotten a 15 yard roughing penalty,uuummm thought so sunshine.Hell,even oakland raider beat writers wrote this much,and you'd expect them to be biased.

And about not stretching the field(whoever brought it up),caldwell can stretch it,so can watson(no idea if he's playing) jackson can stretch it also(actually did vs the jets,and another time he stretched it again but dropped it vs nyj),i seen gafney(sp) do it also.

Jets have a few decent deep guys,but they dont have a decent qb that can throw the ball more then 7 yards down the field without the ball looking like it was shot with clint eastwoods magnum45

And dillon still has good speed,and maroney is plenty healthy,as by looking at his last 2 games (DO PPL ON THIS BOARD JUST MAKE C_H_I_T UP ALL THE TIME AND JUST SAY WHAT THEY WANNA BELIEVE?).

THIS WAS ALMOST TO EASY.

15. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

LOL, weather makes the game a cointoss?

I'm sure you felt the sameway when the Patriots beat the Raiders in the playoffs in the tuck rule game.

16. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

Blah, blah, blah. Beat us on the field.

17. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

(DO PPL ON THIS BOARD JUST MAKE C_H_I_T UP ALL THE TIME AND JUST SAY WHAT THEY WANNA BELIEVE?).

Yeah i made up this thing, that the patriots have 4 loses, and can be beat.

THIS WAS ALMOST TO EASY.[/QUOTE]

You make the giants apologists look good. OMG any player on the Pats is automatically the best at their position and an impact player. OMG the refs were against us, and we won anyway.

18. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Belichick will not go to the giants.

Tombrady = Gheye
    Lock this thread now, we win

19. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

i dont know whose making shit up....you or the jets fans here....wait, yeah i do...

reshee caldwell isnt a deep threat...hes a decent reciever, but nothing special. if he was, hed still be in SD. and as far as jabar gaffney...LMAO....maybe he could stretch the field when he was a gator, but he has been nothing but semi decent in the pros. if these are the guys you really have to rely on, youre in trouble.

corey dillon is about half of what he used to be. hes got a ton of miles on those legs. if maroney doesnt have a good day, the pukes are in trouble b/c dillon wont carry them against the jets. i could see you being this overconfident in september, but after watching that team for 16 games, you need to stop, take a breath, and have yourself a reality check.

the pukes dont have a standout WR. thats a fact...you can name every wide out on the team (you almost did already) and call them a guy that can stretch the field (do you know what that means? b/c you seem a bit confused on the meaning of the phrase). the pukes are very beatable this year. the myriad of lost personnel and staff over the past 2 years will show on sunday. AFTER THE JETS BEAT THE PUKES FOR THE SECOND TIME UP IN TWATSBORO...

20. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

I'm sorry if you take officiating and blame it on the Patriots. Too much baseless anger to hold on to. Also, how did the Patriots 3 Super Bowl wins "rub in your face"? As for our "shit hole", last time I checked, we now play in a state of the art facility, and in our own state I may add. I hope the plans go through for your new stadium. You guys deserve more. As for Mangini, he is hardly the "anti-Belichick". He learned a lot of the Pro game from Bill, and it shows, from his preparation to his game plan execution. Kudos on a well done season Mangini!

I certainly can't fault you for wanting to win. You are a good fan base who have waited some time. I hope we win, but it should be an awesome game. Now as for Kraft, I can see where you would think he is the Kraft Foods guy (ie. cheeses, etc.) but it is not the case. Wrong guy. I hope no one is injured in the game, even through the bana peel route, lol. :smile:

I think in the salary-cap era, with all our injuries, we have earned our spot. The players don't talk trash, and go about our business, win or lose. The Jets certainly have adopted it, and I wouldn't call how you have handled your success a bunch of "crap" that needs to be thrown in others faces.

Anyway, here's to a great game on Sunday. Stay healthy and may the best team win.

:beer:

DW