Training Camp News and Tweets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Lawson is going to be a HUGE piece on this team. Kicking ass so far

2. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

#22 Noam, Jul 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    barfolomew and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

It looks like we found Brads twitter username

#24 Noam, Jul 30, 2021
    barfolomew likes this.
  5. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Definitely worth listening to. Saleh is the best coach interview since Rex.

#25 Noam, Jul 30, 2021
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He's from NC! He's gonna BEAST! LOL

7. NCJetsfan

It definitely could.

barfolomew likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

"You're going against different bodies, and to be honest with you I've always felt like you get more out of those joint practices than you do the actual preseason game. It's just different, it's a more controlled environment. You're not exposing yourself to be tackled of having to tackle. You can get a lot of work in where it's a little bit more structured in terms of situations."

These comments surprised me. Practices with other teams used to involve tackling didn't they? If so, I wonder when they quit doing that. I guess maybe the new CBA Agreement where they limited tackling and padded practices is when it changed.

barfolomew, Footballgod214 and Noam like this.
  9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Thanks. He is so genuine, insightful, no BS statements. A class act.

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

To your point, attached is a quote from the Ravens HC referencing the value of joint practices, which is a much more controlled environment with limited tackling but with lots of different formations
    “There’s no cut blocking, there’s no finishing blocks, nor taking guys to the ground. There’s no pulling, tugging, grabbing, twisting. Any of that kind of stuff that you would normally have at practice, I’m sure we’ll have with those guys.” From what I read, the only disadvantage is the fighting when some hot heads get out of control.

barfolomew, Noam and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

This has gotta be the most likable group of Jets players we've had in a long time. Really rooting for all these young guys to show us something good next season.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I'm a little surprised to see Mims with the 3rd team. He looked pretty good last season. Maybe it is just because the Jets have some legitimate WR's in Davis, Moore, Cole, and Crowder, but I would like to see him up there with them.

azhar80, barfolomew, Noam and 2 others like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I was listening to Connor Hughes on YouTube last night and he was talking about Mims.

Mims does not fit the system LaFleur runs. Mims was actually a perfect fit for the Adam Gase offense. Remember, the Jets passed on the opportunity to draft Mims initially and traded back. It was not until he was there again after trading did they decide to take him. Mims will have to prove his worth in this new offense which tends to favor more quick twitch receivers like Elijah Moore.

Mims also has been struggling this year. Hughes was mentioning that he is struggling with drops still.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Listening to Saleh talk at length really does a lot to wipe away a lot of skepticism. He basically just taught the entire NYJs beat crew to understand why the defense starts ahead of the offense in TC in a way that no coach of the Jets ever has.

Really do love listening to him talk.

We may end up getting better beat articles out of this, too.

16. NCJetsfan

I'm not convinced that Mims doesn't fit our scheme. If he doesn't, then imo that's a problem with the scheme, not Mims. Any offensive scheme that can't use a big WR who runs a 4.38 40, who has a huge catch radius, is a hard worker, has shown he could get open against some of the best CBs in the NFL, and who normally has great hands, is screwed up. They said that they were going to adapt their schemes to fit the talents of the players the Jets had. If Mims isn't fitting, then LaFleur is a liar and he can go kick rocks. I like Mims a lot more than LaFleur.

Mims is having problems with drops probably because he's pressing having missed 2 weeks of OTAs, didn't have OTAs, minicamp, TC or preseason last year. He just needs to relax and let his talent take over, but he can continue to work on his route running.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I guess about 10 yrs ago after the Jets kicked the snot outta the G-Men

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I have read that Mimms has had problems with route running and to fit this system he needs to run more precise routes. Keep in mind this is his 1st training camp as well. He is essentially a rookie. I am sure there will be a role for him. He looks like a great target for the back shoulder throws Zach used at BYU. With his wongspan he could be a beast going over the middle. My guess is they will use a lot of mix and matching and substitutions. All 5 WRs will get a lot of reps. The line between 1st and 2nd team might be blurred.

papapump and NCJetsfan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.