2022 Yankees Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Cappy, Mar 15, 2021.

1. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Tldr except wins since 1998 and the paragraph about how many championships I experienced.

Can you tell me how many championships each team won in the same timeframe?

And say I was also born in 1998 how many championships would I have experienced in my lifetime vs a Rays fan?

#181 JackBower, Jun 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  2. DefenseWinsChampionships

It's ok. You witnessed your 1st Yankees win @ 9 years old and my daughter will witness hers at only 10 years old and be at our Rays parade alongside her pops.

#Stop Quoting me here.
    #Meet me in my Devil Rays thread.
    Yankees vs Rays 2021 playoffs?
    #I'll be back (Terminator voice).

3. JackBower

You didn't answer. Let me help.

4 championships for the Yankees
    0 championships for the Rays since 1998

But enjoy rooting for the team that doesn't spend much but still manages to win 4.7 percent less than the Yankees, it's impressive.

4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

This fucking guy is determined to destroy every thread on the forum.

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The Yankees will never do it, but the correct course of action is to blow this team up at the deadline, as in literally trading everyone possible for prospects (even Cole if you can get him to waive his no-trade clause). They'll have the best farm system in baseball and be ready to contend again by 2023, except with a real championship window instead of whatever this is. Either that or get Hal to spend like his dad did, but he's made it pretty clear he cares more about money than winning a World Series.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  6. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yankees: 1913 (109th season).
    TB Rays: 1998 (24th season).

I am enjoying it.
    TB Rays underdog baseball is really fun.

• 10 winning seasons.
    • 6x Playoff births.
    • 3x A.L East Titles.
    • 2x American League Pennants.
    • 1x 2021 MLB World Series Champions (it's happening here in 2021).

• Randy Arozarena (broke every single All-Time Playoffs Postseason Record ever for both hits (29) and HR's (10) as only a ROOKIE!

My Rays since 2008 have been bigger winners and/or more successful than our Jets, Knicks, Rangers, Islanders and Mets (combined)

No shame in being 2nd best team and only to the richest and greatest American sports team in all of America; it actually makes being an underdog Rays fan so much more fun just knowing we belong and compete on the same diamond as NYY... It's an honor (imo).

#186 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  7. bicketybam

You're pumped![​IMG]

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Wrong. You're the reason why I entered this Yankee thread today man. You can run over to my Rays thread but I can't do the same in return? Don't be a hypocrite man. That's not too fun.

(All inside the Rays thread)

But now you're screaming "this FKN guy determined to destroy bla bla blah"

#CatchMe@TheTrop.
    #I'llServeYouGlassOfOrangeJuice.

God forbid someone else comes into this big time 10 page Yankees thread you've got going on here. You guys break down emotionally lol thnx God 518 pages of passions NY METS FANS FROM QUEENS don't mind their underdog Rays baseball fan popping up to say hello once in a blue moon.

#CatchMe@Tropicana

#188 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 26, 2021
  9. bicketybam

You said nothing (0.00%) with zero (0) posts throughout TB Rays magical baseball run of 29-5 throughout our 30 game RED HOT STREAK

but then you oh so (cowardly) decided prance your way over and decided to pop up out of the woodworks and our of nowhere; in order to remind me of 7 L's in a row? lol and now you're "crying" foul?

ala 29-12 throughout previous 41 games (.701%) and you think that could "tease me"? Because of 7 L's or 29-12? Nope. You couldn't.

Because now it was MY TURN to remind you how we've since won 4 consecutive W's in a row and now a full 6.0 games above your Yankees.

But now you're crying "this FKN guy determined to destroy" hah you're 50+ years of age and haven't yet learned about treat others how you'd like to be treated in return? and/or not old enough to know about Sports KARMA?

Grow up already man ok? and we'll continue your 7 in a row Rays troll post where I mostly talk to myself anyways lol so the Yankees company is WELCOMED (I don't cry bloody murder troll like fkn this guy, named YOU).

#CatchMe@TheTrop.
    #I'llServeYouGlassOfOrangeJuice.

God forbid someone else comes into the 10 page Yankees thread. You guys break down emotionally lol thnx God 518 pages of passions NY METS FANS FROM QUEENS don't mind their underdog Rays baseball popping up to say hello lol

#ByeByeYankees.
    #CatchMe@Tropicana[/QUOTE]

#GoFuckYourself
    #GockisNotSig
    #ISmellaBanComing

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

# No you don't.

# You Came Into my Rays Thread FIRST.

# You started it.
    # I just had fun with it.

(PS: please stop quoting me in your 10 page 2021 Yankees thread plz, and then I'll be able to be gone forever (until next Rays Yankees series come page 12 or 13).

Thnx you kindly, sir.

#HappyBaseball2021.
    #CatchMe@TheTropicana.
    I'llBuyYouAnOrangeJuice #OnMe.

#190 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 26, 2021
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I was going to post this earlier. The Red Sox have done it a couple times over the past decade and they have a plethora of young talent that will be quality hitters for the next decade. Verdugo/Boaegarts/Devers is an elite core and I think Dalbec will get better. Xander + Devers are going to be the next Manny/Ortiz.

The Yankees also have went away from the great culture they built in the 90s locker rooms to having two domestic abusers (Chapman/German), a catcher with a puss on his face at all times even when he was raking a couple years ago, Stanton with his awful contract, two other overpaid underperforming outfielders, and a god awful defensive roster.

It's a shame that the Yankees didn't recognize that they had a young core that they should've brought along a bit slowly in 2017 especially with Andujar, Torres and to a lesser extent Frazier on the way. They did what they've done for the past two decades and went all in way too quickly.

They should blow this stupid thing up like the Sox did when they aborted with Price/Gonzalez and decided not to pay Mookie his gargantuan contract even with as good as he is.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  12. JackBower

You should thank him, he's the only person other than you to write in that thread for weeks.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Why in the world would you choose 1998 as a frame of reference for trying to compare any franchise to the Yankees? Mind-blowing.

14. JackBower

You can feel the lack of confidence coming through the television.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

This is one of those series a team doesn't recover from. They've lost three different ways and their ace got pounded.

bicketybam likes this.
  16. bicketybam

I have to agree. First it's pretty apparent that Cole was using the sticky stuff because he really hasn't been the same since the crackdown. Then you factor in the fact that they have no real #2 and just a bunch of 4's and 5's. They miss Severino badly.

They need a total rebuild and it needs to be engineered by someone not named Brian Cashman. The regular player with the highest average is the one guy that you don't mind hitting 260 because he can mash. The rest of the lineup is just bad. DJ is having a bad year. Gardner should be coaching. Stanton is so hit or miss (with a huge contract). I don't know what's going on with Gleybar. Nacho has been better but he's a lousy defensive catcher that is wildly inconsistent. I do like Gio though and would make him part of the rebuild.

The only people I wouldn't entertain offers for are Judge, Gio, Gleybar, Andujar and Cole. It's embarrassing that a team like the A's, who have the 6th or 7th lowest payroll, have become one of the most promising teams in baseball. And here the Yankees are with a huge payroll and they are basically a 500 team.

17. JackBower

I think Glayber gets traded. Ive felt that way since last off season. There are a lot of lefty hitting SS coming up in FA.

This team is absolutely lifeless. I think it's safe to say it's the worst Yankees team since the 90s. It's one thing when fans think you don't stand a chance, but it really feels like the players came in today fully expecting to lose.

They should be sellers this year. Team is no where near a contender.

matt robinson 17 and bicketybam like this.
  18. JackBower

Wow, 3 extra base hits the entire series. All they do is strike out and hit ground balls.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

At the time (not Monday morning quarterbacking), I honestly thought it was a mistake to move on from Didi so fast. He swings at everything but his swing was perfect for the short porch. He was also a fantastic defender and Gleyber looked great at second.
    Yeah man. The problem is you're going to need to pay a fortune to get rid of Stanton and you need the Steinbrenner kids to sign off on a rebuild. With the amount of money the Yanks have at their disposal it can be strategically quick though. It only took the Sox two years realistically.

There aren't a ton of guys on the roster other than who you mentioned that are likely worth it. Chapman and some of the bullpen arms I guess and DJ/Voit. They should also take Taillon and make him into a middle reliever to groom to be a setup man or closer. He throws some gas. Either that or teach the guy how to throw a sinker. They shouldn't just piss away arm talent like that.

#199 Jonathan_Vilma, Jun 27, 2021
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

I took a look at a Yankees message board and was surprised to see that a lot of fans think Judge should be on the table for a sell off. I looked back at it and I don't think it'd be the worst move in the world considering you can get a massive haul for him. He's 29 and is going to command a mega ten year forty bagillion dollar contract soon.

Figuring in a two-ish year rebuild at minimum, he'll be 31-32 as they enter a time to compete. I'm not completely sold on it but it's an intriguing thought considering the potential haul.

I'd monitor how Cole looks the next three starts before the deadline. If he's still struggling after he can't use sticky grip, he'd be a guy I move. Again - 30 years old and the haul potential is incredible.