Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Who would you pick at #2?

1. Fields

26.8%
  2. Wilson

58.8%
  3. Other - Please Explain

2.1%
  4. Trade Down

12.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

aga
    in i'll have a convo with you when you prove you are capable of having one. otherwise don't bother tagging me because i'm not going to feed into your trolling. or just tag me all the time and i'll put you on ignore. no skin off my back either way

Noam likes this.
  3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

If they do, the GMs need to be in another line of work. They get paid for their expertise and the knowledge to capture expert evaluators as scouts. If they are not more thorough and equipped with better evaluating tools that Simms they don’t belong in the business. Even Chris and Woody Johnson could read Simms ranking and use it as a guide to select talent.

NCJetsfan and legler82 like this.
  4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

There is no way Justin Fields drops to #32. Like I said many times with Sam Darnold trade compensation: It only takes ONE team to want him. 20 teams could have concerns about Fields, and that would still leave 12 teams to draft him somewhere Round 1. To me, he is too good to drop that far. Can't be Anti-OSU QB's bias either. Wasn't Haskins picked #15 overall? And everyone in the world agrees Fields is a much better prospect than he was.

5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I’ll live.

6. GasedAndConfused

i'd throw vick in there too. he wasn't a great passer but he had a rocket arm and ridiculous speed which was enough for him to get wins

barfolomew and REVISion like this.
  7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

We owe the twitching-eyed cunt nothing, nothing I tell you.

Whatever his incompetence gave us in the end we still had to endure a two-year train wreck to get here and that is way too high a price.

ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

I still think he goes top 10 with the latest being 9 to the broncos. haskins was the consensus top QB after murray but the giants chose daniel jones instead because that's how gettleman works an no other teams were really looking for a QB. plus it was a weak class

barfolomew and The Dark Knight like this.
  9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Well if reports are true and this is the new golden age of Jets football (NGAJF), you'll end up looking back at Gase like a necessary evil.

NCJetsfan and Snatch Catch like this.
  10. The Dark Knight

One thing I do agree with Chris Simms about is Washington trading up for a QB. No one is talking about it, but how do you go into a season with just Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB? If Lance and Fields start to slide at all, like even #7 to the Lions, I think you package #19 and whatever else it takes to move up and get one. It will cost way less than trading for RGIII. If one falls to the Broncos at #9, I think they take one too.

I have seen a couple people say the Panthers would take a QB at 8, I say no way. Total smoke screen. You don't trade a 2nd, 4th and 6th round pick for a back-up QB. Sam is getting at least 2021 to prove he can be the guy in Carolina.

11. GasedAndConfused

remember this week is where "experts" will make controversial statements for clicks because all the real info has been said and repeating it for a week is boring

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

IMO. The HC selection process used by Chris and Mac, capped with bypassing Rhule because he dared ask to be accountable for selecting his coaching staff, should be an NFL case study on how not to ever select a HC. Simply put, ignoring all the glaring negative facts in his resume to accommodate self imposed existing constrains that impede success. Give me a team where the GM and HC are not joined at the hip talent and philosophy wise, and I’ll give you a looser.

13. K'OB

That's the point, it wasn't necessary, I ultimately blame the Baby talc brothers, we could have already been two years down the road to somewhere better if they hadn't been conned by the QB whispering faker.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. K'OB

Well you're right I did click but it was the off button, an absolutely awful listen, fake comradery with the other guy, some additional whining about being accused of being racist, I then flashed forward to see who he mocked to us at #23 I then knocked it off laughing.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  15. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The panthers might be trying to bait someone into trading in front of them. That would benefit them as it would mean one less non Qb being taken before their pick.

NCJetsfan and The Dark Knight like this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

they optioned him too, but doens't mean they won't take a guy like lance who could sit for 2 years and then take over if darnold fails or if darnold doesn't you can extend him and trade lance. like what the chargers did with rivers/brees

The Dark Knight likes this.
  17. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Exactly!

legler82 likes this.
  18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm obviously too involved in trying to analyze what the Jets are going to do, what they should do, which QB is the best solution to our 50 year old drought at QB, and am way too susceptible to conspiracy thoughts, but I'll pass this one along:

After digesting the comments of Merrill Hoge, and his mostly glowing assessment of Zach Wilson, and even touting the "great fit" he'll be on the Jets, one thing bothered me: in the midst of the praise, Hoge made a real point of calling out Zach's struggles against the better teams. At first I thought, "This is just being 'fair and balanced', and Hoge even seemed to downplay this as a red flag", but it just didn't seem to really add up, so I started thinking about why Hoge would give such an assessment, and recalled that he said that his son was the QB at BYU before Zach, and was Zach's roommate, and how he had watched Zach in HS, as well as seeing some of his games live and watching all of his games. Obviously Hoge has very close ties with Zach Wilson, his family, and BYU - and by association, Steve Young. So where does that lead to? To a subtle "hatchet job", wrapped neatly in praise, meant to plant enough doubt in Joe Douglas's mind that he decides to pass on Wilson, leaving Zach to fall to the 49'ers.

Yeah, I know, call me crazy, but this is a crazy time of year for Jets fans who pin their entire year of hope on the draft.

NCJetsfan, Borat, K'OB and 1 other person like this.
  19. The Dark Knight

You are crazy! :D He did say all of that though, and it was a little odd, because he was so positive about him.

He's like "Zach is great........ oh yeah, when the game is on the line, he flops. I love the kid, so good, but yeah I am not talking about one game. I mean all the big games. Against any good team, he crumbles. Such a great kid, I have known him for a long time, he is the opposite of clutch. Terrible decision maker when it matters the most. Wonderful guy off the field too! The Jets will love him!"

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If you shape your opinions like that, it is impossible to be wrong :D

The Dark Knight likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.