Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Who would you pick at #2?

1. Fields

26.8%
  2. Wilson

58.8%
  3. Other - Please Explain

2.1%
  4. Trade Down

12.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Zach pumping some iron, getting ready to look good in green:

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I hate rankings. I usually identify the guy I want the Jets to draft and leave it at that. I’d probably have him 3rd behind Trevor and Fields.

3. legler82

Getting the workout in between marketing deals and interviews. He’s a busy guy.

4. legler82

Who know what LaFluer’s play calling will be like? Ain’t he a rookie at that too?

5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Gase and Loggains set the bar low.

All Gas No Shake and legler82 like this.
  6. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

I know I am going to get killed for this but we have been bad for so long at qb, if Wilson puts up even Mitch Tubisky's numbers his first 4 yrs we will be giddy., that should be his bottom.

7. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

LOL Belly, NO we won't. o_O Some of you guys REALLY overrate Mitch Trubisky and his performance with Chicago....and I didn't even know what was possible, lol. It's a shame Mitch didn't sign with the Jets...he seems to have a few fans here on TGG. :)

Noam likes this.
  8. Bellys Lies

Imagine this place if the Jets select Mac Jones at 2 , considering the 49ers might take him at 3. I doubt it but crazier things have happened

9. Bellys Lies

I believe Fields should be the pick at 2. Great Junior yr. Good senior yr. Runs very well with the ball. Really good kid. This site wanted him over Lawrence after he beat Lawrence. Was hurt against the Tide and still had a good day. He is what the modern qb has become w/o some of the physical limitations other dual-purpose qbs have had. He has size, strength and speed. He has played on the big stage and performed numerous times. Yes he has a few holes in his game and he can improve on them. This guy led the petition drive so Ohio State could play this yr. The guy threw 44 tds and 1 int as a junior. This is Dan Marino all over again. I hate Wilson at 2

Brook!, ouchy and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  10. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Mel Kiper is a buffoon.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Brook!, NCJetsfan and Poeman like this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I don't know how you could listen to him and not feel very positive about his attitude and work ethic.

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Bart Starr was another.

13. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Hard Pass.

I know what you're doing here. I get It.

Hard Pass though.

I just forced myself to watch 2019 film of him again. I can't imagine most of the Wilson fans have actually watched his games In 2019.

I literally don't see how you can watch that tape against decent teams (comparative to his 2020 schedule) and not be scared shitless as a NYJ fan and what we have seen over and over again at that very position.

Blows my mind.

I hope I'm wrong. I've been watching more Zach Wilson hoping I could maybe change my outlook.

It's only gotten worse.

Yeah. Hard Pass.

Brook!, The Dark Knight and ouchy like this.
  14. IIMeanDeanII

That's how I felt about Sam Darnold. Great kid.

Didn't really work out as a QB for us though, despite being so likeable. Just saying.

legler82 likes this.
  15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

All TGG members that were demanding JD trade away our #2 plus 2-3 more 1st round picks to the Texans for Watson should not be allowed to watch or comment on the draft!

ouchy likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

While it's true that QBs with running ability can have early success in the NFL, most QBs don't unless their mental acuity, accuracy, and arm talent is on the very high side.

I think it's hilarious that anyone ever thought that Darnold was ahead of his peers in the mental parts of the game. That's where he lags big time imo. Rosen is just an immobile, selfish, jerk, so I'm really not that surprised that he has been a bust.

Yes, with stability in the same system rookie QBs should get better, but many do not, and that imo is why the mental aspect is so important. I think that Colorado has it right, that the NFL and colleges still don't have a good way of evaluating the mental aspects of the position, and that's why there are so many busts in the NFL.

#2276 NCJetsfan, Apr 23, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    Poeman, REVISion, Noam and 1 other person like this.
  17. NCJetsfan

He IS special. Only you and a few others refuse to see it. He has a more special arm than Fields.

JohnnyJet1222 and REVISion like this.
  18. NCJetsfan

Seriously? He was only playing at about 75% in 2019. He had lost a lot of his arm strength and his confidence following the shoulder surgery, and then after the hand injury and surgery, it took a while before he could regain strength in his grip. With Wilson, 2020 is really the only film that's relevant. He was good in 2018 also, better than he was in 2019, but still had some very good/great moments late in 2019.

I truly think that if you weren't so biased for Fields because he played at OSU, that you would see that Wilson is the superior prospect.

REVISion and Borat like this.
  19. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

So who should we take at #2?

20. IIMeanDeanII

You can have that take all you want. It's just an excuse to me. He made A LOT of dumb decisions that had absolutely nothing to do with his shoulder. Even with the injuries. If he wasn't capable of playing, he wouldn't be on that field. I'm not okay with making excuses for a kid at a position that Is as important as It Is. Especially when we've seen how these kind of things come back to bite us on the ass. You claim he was playing at 75% when there is literally no way you can know that for sure.

If you paid attention to my history at all, you would be someone I would think would vouch for me In that way, you absolutely would know It has nothing to do with biased opinion.

I have stepped back this year with my input because I know that the default against me with my opinion will be exactly that.

"If you weren't an OSU fan" blah, blah, blah.

Shit gets old fast.

Wilson Isn't even close to being the superior prospect to me. I have eyes. My fandom to a college team holds no weight for what I want for my pro team.

Disappointing.

EDIT: Wilson's 2018 film wasn't good either. Not sure what you are on about with that either.

We are about to find out real soon. I hope I'm wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.