Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Who would you pick at #2?

1. Fields

26.8%
  2. Wilson

58.8%
  3. Other - Please Explain

2.1%
  4. Trade Down

12.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baalworship

baalworship Active Member

Yes, actually. People keep saying Lawrence and Fields were highly rated coming out of high school.

My point was who cares. The star system obviously misses great talent and overrated poor talent all the time.

Mahomes is a 3 and Hunter Johnson is a 5?

It's just more BS for people to consume.

2. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

Samething as Case Keenum? He should have been 1st overall based on his elite production.
    You are? Becsuse you seem very adament that Fields should be the Jets selection since he has been hyped up as the top guy for 2 years.

3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

There’s a certain point after many years a service they shift from cartoon character to respected OG in my brain. Dickey V and Mel are there. The others named are still cartoons.

4. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

yeah me and Legler disagree on A LOT...and I am still not a fan of his endless gifs....BUT on THIS POINT it must be said...he is 100% correct. Mahomes was definitely NOT considered a legit 1st round draft pic before his final season at Texas Tech.....if anything, he was just regarded as just another Texas Tech QB running up absurd numbers in their wide open, air raid offense. Legler makes a solid point in regard to that.

5. legler82

I believe Mahomes was deserving of his rise and was still underdrafted . I feel Wilson has past the point of where his value is to where he’s now going to get overdrafted.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I think legler posted this link a few pages - 8-10 - back. But it's worth "bumping".

7. legler82

What has Lawrence and Fields done or not done to discredit their original high school rankings? Not every top HS QB get drafted 3-4 years after HS let alone get picked in the 1st round. They still have to earn it like Wilson/Mahomes did.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Surprised Mahomes wasn't higher given he was a privileged kid of a former athlete. But yeah, your point is valid. The high school "star" ratings is very bad and especially meaningless by this point.

Hackenberg was the no. 1 recruit for his class FYI

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

No problem.

https://www.theringer.com/2016/9/29...-isnt-another-system-quarterback-ff45c56d17cd

Your turn. Not to mention I never argued that he was or wasn't. My argument stemmed around the fact that he was probably held in higher regard to being a first round player than Wilson was after his second season.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

They haven't done anything to discredit it, they were great college players.

the ranking is about projecting high school kids on how much impact they will have at the college level, not how they will look as a professional

11. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I'm still not sold on the fact that Wilson to the Jets is a lock at #2. I'm not sure why, but I get this vibe that Douglas is basically daring Denver to make a ridiculously good trade offer for the #2 pick and if he gets it he will take it. Maybe he feels this is the year to give Morgan a shot and he will take his chances in 2022. Or he feels Fields will be there at #9. I wouldn't go out and buy a Wilson jersey just yet.

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

13. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

There are some of us who, for some time now (dating back to December in my case) have been saying that we think Wilson will have a better career than TL, who we view as overhyped. I have been saying since December (when I first joined the board) that I would take Wilson over TL, which is why I was one of the folks not having a heart attack over the Rams win, lol. ;):) I think A LOT of folks allowed themselves to get caught up in the insane amount of HYPE TL was receiving from the media during the college football season. That seems to have died down significantly in the past couple of months, thankfully.

14. ColoradoContrails

I agree that your suggestion is possible, except for the Morgan part - Douglas would never turn the QB job over to a guy who never even saw a snap last season. But yeah, I could see him giving in to a "too good to be true" offer to trade back and hope Fields, Lance, or Jones is there, but that is a massive gamble on his part. If he fails to get a legit potential FQB in this draft, he won't last much longer here. Some will blame him if he takes the "wrong" QB at #2, but almost everyone will blame him if he surrenders that choice and winds up with another failed prospect.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

OG? He was an offensive guard?

16. legler82

NFL execs are really going out of their way to praise Wilson. It’s almost like they are campaigning for him to go top 2. We must be making the right decision cause they have our best interest heart.

17. legler82

Original Gangster.

18. legler82

This why I hate McShay. He wants to destroy our franchise.

Jonathan_Vilma and K'OB like this.
  19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

1 I thought that was exactly what I was saying? and why your post was inflammatory and served no real purpose other than to wind up the Fields fans and was akin to said sarcastic/insulting gifs you bemoaned previously and again above, hence my likening your post to them.

As for name-checking a guy that has spent 20 pages doing the things you have just professed to hate is very odd indeed.

I know what beef is, it was just a light-hearted jest to lighten up the mood and again nothing I have said in any of my posts to you should have signified any kind of beef whatsoever.

But yeah, no beef, was just commenting as I saw it, the same as me telling bickerty his non-stop passive-aggressive pretense of swapping to the fields camp was boring as fuck, one or two comments was fine, funny even, on every page for 3 days, not so much tbh.

I will reiterate that I have no feet in either camp, yet again my camp has been blown away, which probably doesn't much for my own thoughts and ideas

20. ColoradoContrails

So with Tevin Jenkins on the board, Douglas opts to go with a RB instead? McShay is divorced from reality.

NCJetsfan and REVISion like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.