Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Who would you pick at #2?

1. Fields

26.8%
  2. Wilson

58.8%
  3. Other - Please Explain

2.1%
  4. Trade Down

12.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

The answer is no! He retracted his very own comment the next day and apologised and he did on many platforms not just ESPN.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yes. That's the report. Where has this been discussed in the sports media world outside of Walter Football?

Here's a good parallel to Lawrence's praised comments. Anthony Edwards from Georgia - #1 overall pick made comments about not loving basketball. Of course it didn't affect where he was drafted but it was certainly questioned.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/11/nba-draft-anthony-edwards-not-into-basketball

https://clutchpoints.com/nba-draft-...ut-love-for-basketball-draws-viral-reactions/

https://www.si.com/nba/video/2020/11/18/nba-draft-anthony-edwards-basketball-quote

3. Kryoptix

Why should it be discussed? It's tabloid bullshit and by doing so that would bring even more attention to Walter football.

I will say this, do you truly believe that NFL teams would not be all over it if it was true? They are about to make some of their most important decision in their franchise history if they select him. They will investigate everything they can to make sure he is the right guy and has the right character. They will interview his postman and exes if needed to. Nothing else have come out of this and I am pretty sure this story is pure dirty work.

NCJetsfan and LAJet like this.
  4. baalworship

baalworship Active Member

There are no character concerns with Wilson. Many of these QBs grew up with money.

Brady, Mahomes. Can they play?

Wilson thinks he's a star. That's his personality.

5. Kryoptix

I have read that he is pretty confident about his abilities. Is that a red flag?

The most important tidbit came from John Beck in an interview who has trained him the past year. The interview was with Peter King.

He mentioned that Zach is a very active guy and if fully committed. He also said that Zach is always looking for things to work or do, (read between the line he will not be sitting on his ass playing video games). He mentioned how even outside of football he cannot relax he always has projects on his mind. Taking care of his family.

He mentioned stories of Zach always being on his ipad to review his plays or analyze other players.

6. Whens the last time whispers came out about a QB prospect’s character that ended up being unfounded tabloid fodder?

Ryan Leaf
    Jay Cutler
    Jamarcus Russell
    Geno Smith
    Johnny Manziel
    Josh Rosen

I know its not the longest list in the world..but where theres smoke there tends to be fire w these things. Walterfootball hss precedent within this as well as they are who broke the Geno concerns predraft.

ZW deserves due dilligence & for a fair vetting process.But lets not act like its completely unfounded & doesnt demand attention

#706 KurtTheJetsFan, Apr 15, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2021
  7. Kryoptix

Oh really? You are truly going there?! All players you listed with the exception of Leaf were highly regarded and dropped significantly and were no where near top 5 picks. NFL teams knew about their character concern and they took a risk. In the case of Zach Wilson his draft stock is only rising. Everything I have read/learned about him lately have all been praise regarding him and his dedication.

If Zach Wilson even had slightly character concerns he would not be in considerstion for top 20 selection even less a top 3.

My take, this story is/was dirty work.

Brook!, NCJetsfan and JohnnyJet1222 like this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Speaking of honesty, do you honestly believe that if Zach Wilson said this that the Wilson Bashers would say tit was "refreshing"?.

NCJetsfan likes this.

9. Edit;Jamarcus Russel shouldve been included as well.1st overall

You dont poo poo character flags just cause you see mock drafts.

And..hmm since ZW is the perfect prospect in every imaginable facet..maybe he IS sliding cause of concerns to #2

10. ColoradoContrails

So the hints and allegations about Fields being the last to the lockeroom and other suggestions that he's not a hard worker just might be true after all? Huh. Here I just thought it was B.S. clickbait.

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Trevor Lawrence is full blown Bo Callahan from the Costner movie Draft Day!

BrowningNagle and JetsBuckeye like this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

The issue with Zach was as summarily dismissed and retracted as the unnamed bogus report on Justin Fields. Both coachers came to their defense. Sure JD took all of that into account.
    I seem to recall similar attitude issues with J Winston and Baker Mayfield right off the top of my head.

REVISion likes this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Why should it be ignored? Why should Mac Jones' DUI be ignored?

Why are both of those things ignored in the main stream while Fields' work ethic criticisms are analyzed on those very same avenues?

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

The only "Wilson bashers" you're referring to are the ones on this website that you have so eloquently said have zero impact on Douglas' decision. So who really cares amirite?

legler82 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  15. Jameis you can say & its resurfaced.

Baker i never bought as being a bad dude or lazy.Just a boisterous personality & alittle juvenile.Part of what makes him a great leader.And im even not his biggest fan. But that still shouldnt have been written off.These things need to be taken seriously

NCJetsfan, CotcheryFan and LAJet like this.
  16. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I can only speak for myself. Honesty is always refreshing to me. That said I know in the traditional world of football it’s a “no no”. Even Trevor is getting some heat for it in addition to praise though not enough to impact his draft stock. I think folks are saying it would have a greater negative impact on Fields since his stock is already down from IMO overscrutinization and whispers of his lack of a work ethic and desire is already out there.

17. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

18. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

It’s fascinating that the DUI thing is never mentioned.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I have not heard anything about Fields work ethic except for Orlovsky. I heard more about Wilson being a Rich kid and not a captain. I have heard nothing on Jones DUI.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.