Justin Fields Pro Day. March 30th Tuesday

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Mar 28, 2021.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

My Christian pastor played safety for BYU before getting drafted by the Colts so I’m pretty sure that’s not a requirement unless, of course, their enrollment rules have changed since the 90s.

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I have the same feeling about this as I did when I heard the crap about Wilson: rumors with an agenda.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

99% of their students are. That's why I asked.

4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

No, the report was that he is last in, first out. That's not behind the scenes, that would question leadership as well. Can't lead men in the locker room when you are last one to show up and first one to leave. Just like the BS report on Zach, this junk undermines Fields' leadership too if you are to take this seriously.

Yes, there aren't any for either one for character nor leadership.

NCJetsfan and REVISion like this.
  5. legler82

I need to ask my pastor if that’s true. His wife went there too and she’s not Mormon. She did run track. Maybe everyone but the athletes?

6. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I don’t see a scenario where a mid round pick would be worth starting Mullins, a jag with no upside.

Darnold is cheap, only 23, fits the offense well, and has way more starting potential than someone like Mullins.
    Having a rookie plus Darnold increases the teams odds of fielding a quality starter for 2021.

7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Great point, Queens. The only way I see JD taking mid rounder is if someone whom he projected as a 2nd slides to the spot where it if offered. Unless they really already feel Wilson/Fields are ready to go Day 1, which I doubt is the case. That's why I have a feeling highest likelihood of the trade is during the draft.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

mullins doesn't need to start the whole year. maybe the 1st few games. what if that mid round pick becomes a stud OG?

9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i'm not saying it's a big deal. baker took a transfer after not winning the starting job and was drafted 1st overall and had a great college career. i'm just making a point.

How about this. how about the "pro fields' and "pro wilson" people can discuss it like adults instead of just being asses to each other? like every year it's the same shit on these forums. aren't we too old for this shit? I know I am

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  10. legler82

Are you calling me an ass?

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The reason I'll contest is that Fields has years of this being refuted as he's went from a high profile recruit to a high profile Heisman finalist and has virtually never been out of the limelight since he was in high school.

These aren't all pieces that come after said report either which is the case in Wilson's report. And his report was directly tied to leadership ability and respect of teammates (which have been refuted) so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

I'm not sure why we're not seeing all these positive pieces pop up now either. It's interesting and I don't really have the slightest clue why Wilson gets all of the coverage like this.

#731 Jonathan_Vilma, Mar 31, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    Imagesrdecieving and legler82 like this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

If you're too old for it, then don't engage. People don't like disagreement. That's cool. If you can't handle it if you're too old for it, then it's completely your choice. The tenor of your post was that it's seemingly like he lost the job based on a competitive skill-loss rather than extraneous factors. Factors that include a 3 point National Championship loss to the incumbent Fromm the previous year against Alabama.

Johnny Unitas wouldn't have been able to rise from the dead to unseat Fromm that year.

legler82 likes this.
  13. legler82

Don’t be an ass about it. lol

14. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I would entertain a king's ransom from Carolina for #2 and draft Mond in the third or fourth round.

2021 #8, #39, #104
    2022 First and second round
    And Gross-Matos

BacktoQueens likes this.
  15. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

This is a bunch of quotes from his coaches and personal QB coaches. I know for a fact these exact types of quotes were thrown out when said in regards to Wilson because every coach and QB coach hypes up their own guys. It means nothing for Fields or Wilson.

Let's at least try to be consistent here.

Borat and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. legler82

Would you have any regrets if the #2 QB became an all time great?

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

They include commentary from Trent Dilfer and his current coach at Georgia, Kirby Smart, who I'm sure knew he was entering the transfer portal at the time of quotation. Two are from former QB coaches.

Again, the timing of these pieces did not come out after questioned work ethic concerns.

Regardless, the point is that while Fields has three years of documented hard working traits dating back to his recruitment versus three months for Wilson.

18. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Of course I would, but you know better than anyone that there are zero guarantees picking a QB at #2.

In my scenario, even if Mond stinks, the rest of the roster could be very competitive by 2022.

I'm not advocating for this trade. But I'm not sure if be able to turn that down.

19. legler82

The chance of missing out on a FQB would be too much for me. There are no guarantees with the additional picks either.

20. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

The Fields slander just blows my mind man, I truly do not get it.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.