Justin Fields Pro Day. March 30th Tuesday

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Mar 28, 2021.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Many players get hurt. Some are hurt a lot in college, but never have a problem in the NFL. Some are never hurt in college, yet are hurt all the time in the NFL. It's a mixed bag, and injuries are a part of the game. To claim that a player is a flop because he gets injured is ridiculous and totally assinine.

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I agree with you with drafting higher ceiling vs higher floor approach but that’s easy to say when you are not a GM and your job security is not tied to which QB you pick. I think the reason why Trevor is the consensus #1 is more because of his high floor than his ceiling. As much as I think he’s a bit overrated, I don’t see Trevor as having much bust potential. At worst he’s an average QB. I think many “believe” Wilson has the highest floor of the rest.

PJ4Ever and REVISion like this.
  3. legler82

I think if express concerns about a players frame and injury history then he gets hurt someone else is an ass not you.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Being concerned prior to the draft is reasonable, but ruling him out is not. Again, other players have had small frames, and had injuries in college and done quite well in the NFL and had little or no problems with injuries.

5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

NC... How am I the one with a bad attitude? Why do you think I'm taking things personal?

I am totally fine with however you feel about It. I'm allowed to express my opinion as well, right? I'm confident In my opinion, that's all. I'm not taking It personal because I'm secure In how I feel about my stance on things. Why would I take that personally? I'm good.

As far as unorthodox throwing styles, It's absolutely valid, If It works. That doesn't mean that It's sound mechanics though. It doesn't work more times than not, which Is why It Isn't sound mechanics. In no way am I saying that It can't be done.

I'm not blind either, I guarantee you I've done more research on most of these prospects than the majority of the people on this board. I don't have the same opinion as you, that doesn't make me blind.

You are the one putting up this division. You keep saying " You Field supporters.. " Why Is that a thing? I've supported Justin Fields before It was cool to support Justin Fields. I obviously have watched all his games just being an OSU fan. I obviously have a solid opinion of the kid because of It. Again, If I'm right or wrong, that will be known In time.

I don't view things as Wilson Vs Fields supporters.. I've seen that from multiple people now, It's confusing to me honestly. Just unnecessary division. I don't know.

I just don't like Wilson. I'm not on here telling people they are wrong about feeling however they feel, I'm simply expressing my opinion towards the things I don't agree with. I don't think you or anyone can't have Zach Wilson as your favorite. Everyone should have the right..

It's confusing to me.

I am not making It that way, I've never claimed an US VS Them mentality or have made that statement to anyone. It's hard to be the one making that stance when you are the only one claiming that right now.

You haven't once seen my type that to anyone. Don't get confused.

I'm also right a lot more than I'm wrong. Which Is why I'm confident In what I think about this topic. As you should be as well.

I've also very specifically told you that I WILL support Zach Wilson, even If I don't think he will be the best QB. I hope I'm wrong If that was the case.

Not sure where all this is coming from? Very confusing.

NYGANGGREEN and legler82 like this.
  6. legler82

[​IMG]

7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

If I had a penny every time I heard someone say that ... I definitely would have a couple of extra dollars in the pocket.

PJ4Ever and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Can you rank these following QB’s if all were in the sane draft based on how much you liked them based on their college performance only?

Lawrence
    Watson
    Allen
    Darnold
    Baker
    Fields
    Wilson

I am leaving out Mahomes :)

9. legler82

College performance doesn’t equate to NFL success; I’ll rank by talent level IMO which is what I always go by. I always assume they all get quality coaching.

Fields
    Allen
    Lawrence
    Watson
    Wilson
    Darnold
    Baker

BrooklynJetsFan and Brook! like this.
  10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

You are killing me. Fields ranks higher than Watson? Damn. If Joe D screws this up I will be mad.

11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Fields is already flying to SF. Mac Jones sure looks like he shitted the today. So much for no pressure scripted Pro Day throws being meaningless.

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  12. legler82

I have to be honest based on my thoughts in 2017. I loved Mahomes, liked Watson and hated Trubisky. I can’t front now and act like I thought he was going to be what he turned out to be. I was fully confident Mahomes was going to be a star; I can’t lie and say I felt the same about Watson.

13. legler82

Think about this Fields has half if not less as many college snaps as Wilson & Trevor who are further along as passers at the moment. Fields can potentially continue to improve as a passer like Allen, Watson and other young QBs before him did even Mahomes. Conversely, there is no potential for Trev & Wilson to catch up to him athletically outside of catastrophic injury.

NYGANGGREEN and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  14. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I guess where we differ is I don't see improvement as a given so I don't place as much weight on raw talent and athletic ability. Plenty of guys with tons of raw ability have failed in the NFL.

I think passing ability and decision making are the vast majority of what makes good QB's good. I don't think improving those things significantly is a given. The NFL is a lot harder than college. Usually guys get worse at passing and making good decisions, not better. Most of the best QB's have been accurate guys with strong enough arms who consistently make good decisions and don't turn the ball over. I think Wilson is the best at doing those things well.

PJ4Ever, Borat and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. legler82

I don’t see it as given but some guys you believe will based on their character or perceived character.

REVISion likes this.
  16. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I absolutely loved Watson...Said he was a star since his first game I saw him play early on in his college career. I liked Mahomes but obviously didn’t see him becoming the literal GOAT one day. Thought he was kinda like Lance, very intriguing with great skills and a high ceiling.

I hated Trubisky too, but so did a lot of people. What were the Bears (and others) thinking? I seriously don’t remember

PJ4Ever likes this.
  17. legler82

Top 10 QBs in the last decade. Is there a pattern?

Burrow
    Tua
    Herbert*
    Murray*
    Jones
    Mayfield
    Darnold
    Allen*
    Rosen
    Trubisky
    Mahomes*
    Goff
    Wentz
    Winston
    Mariota
    Bortles
    Luck*
    RGIII
    Tannehill
    Newton*
    Locker
    Gabbert
    Bradford

18. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

The very top ones are all great athletes and have cannons

19. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

He answered that first question so perfectly and it made sense, he wasnt just making it up to get to the next question. I was a Wilson guy but I'm starting to lean towards Fields

Get me the Damn Ball likes this.