Justin Fields Pro Day. March 30th Tuesday

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Mar 28, 2021.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The way you worded it, it made it sound like you were saying that it was a bad thing and that's why he was getting released. That's why I jumped in. I'm telling you that as an impartial observer. I had no dog in the "fight" between you two.

REVISion likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

I disagree. The Jets unis should have no black or gray. Green and white are our colors. Period.

Ralebird and HomeoftheJets like this.
  3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Nah homey keeps saying I think it’s a bad thing. It’s like “slow processor”, you say it enough and it seeps into the mind of the masses. I just think too much stock is put on it. Many a bad QB have quick releases.

4. NCJetsfan

The "Ignore" feature is a wonderful thing. I am using it more and more these days to filter out the noise and nonsense.

5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

The time issues was due to Covid and last minute changes. Coastal Carolina and BYU are not power house programs for a reason. It was a good game but to suggest that either of these teams are anywhere near a power house would be foolish. IMO

BYU has had better recruiting classes than CC, they had the better talent, and they struggled a lot In that game.

CC definitely have some good coaches that get the most out of their player, but, they shouldn't have won that game.

barfolomew likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

Did I even use the words "power house"? No. You are the first one to mention those words in our discussion. They never even entered my mind.

Again, it's no surprise that they struggled considering that they only found out about the game 2-3 days before, got no practice time, flew across country to a different time zone, got little rest, and the referees were obviousl biased the whole game. It's hard to beat your opponent and the referees as an away team. Still, BYU almost did, and if the refs had called a valid game, BYU would have won.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

The whole drive at the end was amazing. You want a QB that can engineer a drive like this with the game on the line from inside his own 10. Any NFL WR (except Berrios) scores on that pass at the end.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. legler82

Sometimes I like to be his Huckleberry.

[​IMG]

REVISion and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

If he gets injured and his career falters he's a flop. The reason is irrelevant.

REVISion and legler82 like this.
  10. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

I have Fields as my QB2.

The thing I liked most about him was how he stayed in the game and played his ass off after taking that shot.

11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

touche.

12. legler82

Especially when some expressed concerns about his frame & injury history before the draft.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  13. IIMeanDeanII

I'm not mistaken at all. Now, If I'm right or wrong, time will tell, but, I trust my opinion, my eyes, and my feeling. I'm very confident In my eyes and all the games I've watched. I don't buy Into the media hype, the love fest for this kid. I truly don't think he Is nearly as good as everyone Is trying to claim him to be. I think he has potential but I think he is an extremely risky pick for a lot of reasons.

Just because you say he wont flop, doesn't make It true. That logic Is flawed.

I wouldn't even make that statement for Trevor Lawrence.

When he is jumping In the air throwing the ball, that Is not sound mechanics. He doesn't always set when he throws, he makes some very questionable decisions at times, his accuracy Is not the best In this class, statistically even, that's not true. He read defenses against defenses that don't come close to being top notch. The best defense they faced with CC, he missed a lot, was confused a lot, and held on to the ball a lot because of It. I have no idea how smart he Is, every competent QB studies film, most QB's coming Into the NFL want to be the best they can be. He has a strong arm, so does TL and JF. He certainly doesn't have the highest floor. How do you figure that? The kid Isn't nearly as physically gifted as Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, or Trey Lance. No way he has the highest floor.

Justin Fields can also read defenses, move safeties.

He is not the safest at all. I've found/see way more red flags with Zach Wilson than I do Justin Fields.

It's perspective. It's also extremely bold to claim he won't flop, has the highest ceiling, and is the safest "bar none".

That's wishful thinking at best and there Is absolutely nothing concrete to support that, other than your perspective.

There are numerous other ways he doesn't have a great career In the NFL. Injuries are not the only option. That's silly to me.

You can think what you want. It's okay to think that.

You completely took Justin Fields out of context as well. The kids character Is fantastic.

It doesn't have to be one or the other though. I don't have to like Zach Wilson for the sake of liking him? That doesn't make any sense. I don't want him as our QB, I don't think he will be good In the NFL, why would I pretend otherwise? I'm not falling for all the media hype for the one year wonder from BYU.

If we take him, I will support him, and I hope I am wrong In every way If that Is the case. I just don't think I'm wrong. I think he is the very definition of fool's gold.

Stop taking It so personal, you don't hear me attacking you or your character because of your preference. So stop trying to put this weird barrier up like It's "US" VS "THEM".

It's not. It's okay to view things however you do. I do think It Is silly to proclaim something with such certainty because that's an easy way to put your foot In your mouth. I learned that lesson a long time ago.

I'm not claiming Justin Fields WILL be the better QB. I certainly think he will be though. There is a difference.

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I have no disagreement with what you said except for two points. Who is MT? And if you mean Mac, well I Wouldn’t compare his selection wisdom to the SF front office, but even more so, if instead of Baker and Sam Mac had Baker and Josh, that would have been a stellar move for us.

15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

It sure seemed that way.

16. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

I agree but Not sure you draft the highest floor @ #2.

You draft elite talent and playmaking ability you can’t find or hard to develop. That leans more to Fields and Lance.

If Jets are holding onto Sam, drafting Fields or Lance is a better option because their upside is higher than Wilson. If Jets move on from Sam prior to the start of the season, Wilson is probably the best pick.

I see a Wilson as a great QB prospect, not really a can’t miss - and not sure how much better he gets in the NFL. Lance and Fields can become dual threat forces in this league for years to come.

legler82 likes this.
  17. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Clemson isn’t the only time he’s done that either. Against Michigan in 2019 he got rolled up on in what looked like a nasty knee injury and he came back into the game and threw a TD first play back on the same drive.

Dude is as tough as they come. I think that’s an important trait for a QB. He’s more than willing to stand in the pocket and take a hit, too.

18. IIMeanDeanII

It doesn't matter If you said It first.. It's still relevant. So I brought It up.

That's all hypothetical. Not actual.

I'm not playing the what If game when I come to my conclusions with these QB's.

By all means. BYU should've won regardless, simply from a talent perspective alone. All I can say about that game.

It was a good game. It was what It was though...

Again.. This wasn't a powerhouse he was going against and he struggled In a very valid way against the ONE valid team on their schedule. That makes me uneasy, especially when I look at his 2019 season with much better competition.

I'm confident with where I stand on the kid. I've watched just about every game of his.

Time will tell. That's all.

19. NCJetsfan

You miss the point. You sound like an old fuddy duddy that all NFL QBs have to be pocket QBs, throw overhead, etc. He has proven countless times that he can make off-platform throws and throw dimes into small windows. Mahomes should have taught you that QBs can throw off platform, use various arm angles and still be very accurate and successful.

I'm not attacking you, but rather your blindness, and I'm not taking it personally. You Fields supporters are the ones who are taking comments personnally that you see on Twitter or commentators making or maybe 1 or 2 posters here make and then you turn around and make snide comments about Wilson, and vent your spleen on us. It's way past old.

I think it best that we not discuss this further because nothing good will come of it. We see things entirely differently, and I'm over you Fields' supporters rotten attitudes.

I was just taking Fields at his own words. That's all any of us can do. You and other Fields supporters are making it us vs them. Colorado, Revision and others of us who favor Wilson have made a lot of postive comments about Fields and are ready and willing to support him if he is the pick.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Big deal. It's happened before and will happen again, but I'm right a heck of a lot more than I'm wrong, and it's what I believe.

20. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Lol @ thinking Landry is better than AJ Brown, that’s peobably the worst player evaluation I’ve ever seen in my life. Brown is a Top 5 WR talent. Davis May be better the Landry too.

K'OB likes this.