Justin Fields Pro Day. March 30th Tuesday

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Mar 28, 2021.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

we get it. you like fields more then I do. you don't see the flaws I do. it's fine. nobody here is an expert and even experts are often wrong. nothing wrong with your opinion. just leave the race nonsense out of it next time. With that said i just see a lot of flaws that sure could be fixed with time. I do see a lot of talent as well. But the fact is there is a good chance JD and saleh are the jets for the next 5 years. we need a QB that fits what saleh wants. that man isn't fields. It's fitting a square peg into a round hole. I don't want him on the jets for that reason alone. But wish him the best. if he fixes his flaws and puts it together he can be an exciting player to watch in the NFL

2. GasedAndConfused

mobile is fine. that part can be had or not. but you need a QB with a quick processor and quick release who can flick the ball around. that isn't fields. wilson fits that better. Jimmy G is just a bad QB for many reasons. I've said it for years here but didn't get shit becuase people don't love jimmy g. but he's been an anchor on that team for a while and SF knows it and that's why they are drafting a new QB

3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

...in your opinion.

K'OB likes this.
  4. legler82

The word “need” suggests you can not run Shanahan’s offense w/ a QB w/o a quick release. What happens if Shanahan himself drafts Fields, does that mean he doesn’t know his offense as well as you do?

5. GasedAndConfused

in JDs opinion as well obviously. and well a lot is opinion I think it's safe to safe it's pretty factual fields skill set doens't fit the shannahan offense. so much so it seems the niners are going to opt for jones over fields not to mention philly didn't want fields and only wanted wilson.
    it could happen but it's not likely. all signs point to them taking jones. remember teams often do that. the giants took DJ over haskins because haskins didn't fit their system despite haskins being rated way higher. Jackson didn't fit the ravens system but they chanced their whole system to a RPO to accommodate jackson. it's possible he does take fields and adapts his system but they would much rather have wilson. They just can't get him

6. legler82

I didn’t ask if it was likely, I asked what it means if it happens. Doesn’t it mean that the “Fields doesn’t fit the system” narrative is total bull shit if the original architect of said system drafts Fields?

7. GasedAndConfused

fields is much more talented then jones. I think that's obvious. he can not fit the system and still be drafted if shannahan thinks his talent is worth changing his system over instead of going with a less talented QB more fit to run it. but it does sound like jones is their guy. if they were picking 2 though it would be wilson for sure. the jets should take wilson and have pretty much all but confirmed that is the case

8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Seems like you are a college football expert. You just said you like Wilson and Fields and don't want Jones. Me I'm superstitious and do not like anyone from Ohio State especially quarterbacks. I didn't come to that point recently. I'm talking decades of watching college football and Ohio State. Now they used to put out good linebackers. Joe Douglas does not seem like someone who would throw a wrench into the draft on draft day and say he's going with Fields or Jones. But we will see in about 1 month.

9. legler82

So if they draft Fields, they would be “changing the system”. Got it. o_O

K'OB likes this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

most likely yes. or trying to fix his flaws to make him work in the system which may or may not work. it's not an exact science. humans are unpredictable. doesn't really matter in the long run what they do though. the focus is what the jets do to stop being such a shit team

11. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Fields has a nice frame for a QB and he’s a gamer. Love that about him. In Carolina/SF he’s gonna have so much juice, his athleticism is going to shine and I think will be he could be the best rookie. However, in the long term Wilson and Lawrence will be the better player.

12. legler82

I respect your conviction even though I believe this is total nonsense.

K'OB, NCJetsfan and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

To your point, I said on another tread SF moved up to three because they have two and only two names they would take, and also had enough insider info to know the Jets have one of those names as first choice. They jumped to three to avoid Atlanta possibly getting the second name. We shall know the answer in 30 days.

14. GasedAndConfused

thats fine. we do this circle every year. some players pick prospects they love. ignore all flaws, want the jets to draft them, and shit on anyone who disagrees. nothing changes. humans aren't an exactly science but man some are predictable. we seen this argument here with trusbisky/mahomes/watson, then again a year later with sam/baker/allen now it's fields/wilson/jones
    how about people can just like respect others point of views since nobody is right all the time and i sure as hell could be wrong here, but my track record is pretty spot on. enough that if the jets had followed every offseason plan i strung out for them, we would be a superbowl contender by now. of course i've been wrong at times, but i've been right far to often for people to just write my assessment out as nonsense

15. GasedAndConfused

the eagles wanted to move to 3 for wilson but found out the jets were taking him and thats when SF moved up to 3. they weren't getting a QB at 12. we did the same. MT liked baker and darnold. knew the giants were taking barkley at 2 so traded up to 3 to take whoever dorsey didn't draft 1st which was up in the air of sam or baker at the time. also the draft history shows any team who traded into the top 3 for a QB in the last decade whiffed. every single one of them

16. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Again....Ohio State has NEVER produced a quality NFL QB. Never. Period.

I just keep asking why? Whatever they are coaching there doesn’t translate. Why?

It’s been a great program for a long long time.

why no QB’s?

17. legler82

What does flaws have to do with this elaborate narrative you got going about Fields not fitting Shanahan’s system (a system that’s seen everyone from RGIII to Matt Schaub) and if Shanahan drafts Fields he will change his system? We’re well past flaws at this point.

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I missed the pro day. I haven’t heard anything about how he did. Going to try to find a video on YouTube and give my take soon.

Thread has grown quite a bit today. Not sure if good or bad.

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Did I miss it, or was there no Jets at Mac Jones's PD today?

20. GasedAndConfused

schaub had his best years in it. RG3 failed in it. all that does is prove my point more. Of course you can try to fit a player in a system. doesn't mean they will succeed at it. Landry can throw a football but he wouldn't succeed as a full time QB. Thats why he made the switch. like many other players who were college Qbs and transitioned to WR in the NFL. You don't draft 400lb lineman to play in a zone blocking scheme. we just redid our Lber group because the 3-4 guys we had weren't suited for the 4-3 system. Baltimore changed their entire offense to fit jackson from what they ran with flacco. The teams that are typically best are the ones who get players who fit their system over pure talent. bellichick is a perfect example of it who has made starts out of so-so players. welker was a scrub with miami before becoming a pro bowler with NE. edelman was a 6th round college QB who became a pro bowl WR with them. but big guys like 1st rounder henry has been a bust. he built a system for small quick slot guys and big althletic TEs and a QB who gets the ball out fast. brady made all his linemen look better then they were. they all failed after leaving NE.