Justin Fields Pro Day. March 30th Tuesday

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

So if he should run a similar system he must be a similar player, no?

I'm racist? Look at your dumbfuck comparisons dude. You compared him to a statue in Leftwich, and the biggest running quarterback the NFL has ever seen. Fields can run, but was not a big runner in college as he was a passer first. He had less rushing attempts over his college career than Cam had in his senior year at Auburn and averaged 70 less yards on the ground.

Leftwich might be the biggest pocket statue to ever play in the league.

How are any three of these players anywhere near similar?

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

you have to look at the teams. mac is a much better fit for the shannhan offense then fields. eagles didn't like fields or mac. I'm thinking fields may slip to carolina at 8. he could fit their offense good and he's way more talented then teddy is. carolina has wanted a QB badly too.

3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Bullshit.

Most of "these" flaws are from people on this board that clearly haven't watched the kid play or want to regurgitate their favorite media persona's Wilson biased.

Most people don't understand the offense of OSU. Most people don't understand what Is actually being asked from, Fields.

Fields absolutely has things he can improve on but the people on this board that want to try and act like Fields Is so much more flawed than Wilson crack me up.

Fields can read defenses just fine. Had he made some forced mistakes at times. Yes. Does he consistently do that though? Absolutely not.

There is a reason why his turnovers are as low as they are In college. People don't question that though. Which amazes me.

If he was as bad at reading defenses as people claim, at the very least, wouldn't he at least have the turnover numbers as someone like Sam Darnold coming out of college?

Who we all know is self proclaimed to see "ghosts" on the field.

That's not the case.

Justin Fields does what is asked of him to do within that offense. That offense is not only reliant on him, it's an offense, spread out offense, that relies on the WR to also read the coverage and got the proper route option for his QB. Obviously young guys don't always read it right, hesitate, or miss time it. A lot of the perceived Field reading issues isn't actually Fields not seeing the field.

In that offense. Hes not being given a full field to scan anyway, that's not the design of a Ryan Day scheme. So things become even more limited when your recievers don't do their job right.

When the breakdowns happen, he buys time, he finds running lanes, he makes smart decisions more times than not.

Yes. He was sacked more than needed but even that is far exaggerated. IMO.

He makes every throw. He's accurate with the football on all three levels. He's very coachable. He's a leader. He's not rattled in the face of pressure. He's very athletic. Strong arm. Takes care of the football. Plays well against stronger competition. Durable. Smart.

I don't get this red flag all over the place sentiment. Blows my mind personally.

4. GasedAndConfused

mac jones needs a similar system to brady. he's nowhere near as talented or the same player as brady. yuu just keep looking bad and dumb here. you should probably drop it before you are known as the forum racist.
    and no the worst pocket statues are probably slow-b, vinny, or the mannings

5. Jonathan_Vilma

People also watched the first half of the Indiana game and decided he is turnover prone and can't read a defense. Meanwhile, the other quarterbacks in this draft get their entire film analyzed until midnight every night.

6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Herbert might be the only one I saw more than once. I watched Tua once when he sub’d in for Hurts in that Championship game & never watched Burrow at all. I’m not kidding when I tell you I don’t really watch college QBs when we’re not in the market. Why tease myself unnecessarily?

Brook!, NCJetsfan and Cromartie's_kid like this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

I haven't been biased at all. I pointed them out long before any of the wilson media hype. even back when I wasn't even sold on taking a QB becuase none of the QBs had sold me. I'm still not 100% sold on wilson but I do think it's time to move on form sam and wilson is the best fit for us.

all QBs have flaws and all QBs can improve on them, but not all QBs do. that's why so many bust and the draft is a crapshoot. As i said before not all of it is on fields. he had it easy. he isn't making NFL plays or running an NFL offense. he's sacked a lot not becuase the o-line but because indecision. not a great fit for our offense. it's why the niners are going to take jones over him even though fields is clearly more talented.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Haha ok pal. You're just doing the I know you are but what am I routine that makes you look like a giant airhead.

You wanna ignore the fact that you compared three black quarterbacks that are nothing alike and said they are similar, then that's all good with me. No one even called you a racist, but it's funny because it's a subconscious lazy analysis because they look similar.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

obviously draft wise duh. What would be the point in asking if they are good when projecting other prospects

10. GasedAndConfused

except the part when I said on film he looks like baker did on film out of college. but of course racist old you skips that and focuses on skin color when nobody else was. go to the politics forum with that nonsense.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Too funny.

12. GasedAndConfused

this class. tlaw is much higher rated then burrow was. wilson is rated higher tua. fields is rated higher then herbert (experts really whiffed on herbert, kid is a stud already), jones is rated higher then love, lance is rated higher then hurts.

across the board this is a better draft class for QBs. doesn't mean it'll turn out that way though

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I loved Fields when I watched him in that Clemson game. I want to like him, he's a likeable guy. But why did he have to be sooo shitty in the Big 10 championship game against Northwestern?!!!!

Northwestern runs a Cover 4 D with roaming safeties and their corners on an island. That's an NFL style D. That is what concerns me

ColoradoContrails and LAJet like this.
  14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

If Gase's comparison of two folks is off, why does it have to mean it's about race? Just today someone mentioned Rosen in comparison to Zach. I thought it was off and I stated why. There is no need for these baseless accusations.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  15. GasedAndConfused

because some people are racist and project it onto others. is what it is. as I told him, it only makes him look bad

Kryoptix likes this.
  16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone acted racist, just people seem to be on edge and jump to pretty damning conclusions way too quickly.

NYGANGGREEN, NCJetsfan and REVISion like this.
  17. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

Less impressive last year but the top 2 are amazing! Herbert/Burrow that is...

18. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

If Fields gets drafted by the Patriots, are we going to be as happy as we were when we found out the Bills drafted Josh Allen?

NCJetsfan and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

that is racist though. people don't realize it but when you bring race into things and assume someone is being racist it's classic projection form a racist projecting it onto others because that's how they think and process things. that user was being racist flat out. nobody cared or was thinking about race at all except for them looking for something that wasn't there.

20. GasedAndConfused

No I think fields is talented as hell and bill would work wonders with him. I wasn't happy when the bills drafted allen. I thought allen was going to be a stud. I don't want the pats to land a QB this year. let them suffer with broke down cam for another year