Justin Fields Pro Day. March 30th Tuesday

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Well said my friend. I looked for that video but couldn't find it. Any chance you can find and share here? :)

alleycat9 and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

The panthers guy is showing it live like Wilson's pro day

He was okay and let the action ride and kept his own talking to a minimum.

barfolomew likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think I would survive that. Not only would JD be passing on the QB I think he should take (Wilson), but risking losing Fields (my 2nd choice). If SF took Lance, my death would be certain. While I love Jones accuracy, fast processing and great decision making, he is not very athletic, not very mobile and has the weakest arm of the top 5 QBs. Maybe it would be a good idead to get a DNR added to my health profile before the draft.

Brook! likes this.
  4. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

The take that Wilson is the right pick and Fields would be an awful pick is crazy to me.

Both of these dudes are so talented. I am very excited to watch Fields today.

5. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

If you’re a coach with confidence and you just compare Fields and Wilson, I have a hard time not seeing you taking Fields to work with for the next decade or whatever. He’s just a much better athlete with prototypical everything and has that killer mentality.

This is not to bash Wilson as I believe he has some great QB traits as well and I wouldn’t be upset with him. I just prefer Fields and believe our coaching staff would be able to make him shine. After the Clemson playoff game, people were discussing whether or not he could be better than Lawrence...some people forget that.

All Gas No Shake and legler82 like this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he's got a top 10 o-line, top 5 run game with 2 pro bowl caliber backs, 2 pro bowl WRs, solid te/WR group after the top 2, and a defense that never puts him behnid in games. he runs a very controlled simple offense where the skill positions do most of the work. he's literally in the best position a top overall pick has ever been in , in NFL history and he's just doing ok with it. he's holding the team back like sanchez did to us those 2 years. Tom brady would win a SB with the browns roster

7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

The only trade down I see at this point is with Panthers. Not impossible, but I just think chances are very small. And IF it happens I see it only on the draft day when we know what's at #8, and like him. It would be a trade of players, say Wilson for Lance/Jones, two 1st rounders and a 3d. So, we would need to watch the draft very carefully until #8 to know who the FQB will be. I feel very strongly it will be the guy we draft at #2 and keep.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Let that hurt out man, let it out :D:D:D

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Dude, the bold is such incredible hyperbole based on one human interest piece. Go back and read some articles about Darnold. These great stories about study habits come out about nearly every prospect every year.

But to take one piece and use it as damning evidence against how another player prepares is just flat out silly.

Freddy Mondo and legler82 like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

I totally disagree. Up until last year, the Browns had awful HCs and OCs, and there were selfish, head cases like OBJ

11. Brook!

That's my Head Coach!

7? Seven? Really. WOWZER!

12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

That’s it in a nutshell. As a talent evaluator I’m looking for the best talent & expect my coach to maximize said talent. Scheme fit is moot here because the Shanahan system makes all types of QBs look good from Schaub the statue to RGIII the athlete.

King Koopa likes this.
  13. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Is anyone saying this? I feel like every Wilson supporter here likes Fields a lot too.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. legler82

Shh Wilson is the only QB can throw off platform and works hard.

15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I heard stories about his preparation from the coaches, teammates, interviews when I did a dive on him, and I was impressed. It seems to be his strength. Not putting Sam down, but merely stating that this is something Zach is known for. Even the details he memorized about Carolina defense, for which he had 40 hours to prepare. I don't remember reading this about Sam back in the day, but maybe you are right and that was also something he did. That's why I said in the post, MORE IMPORTANTLY the difference was with accuracy and TOs. For that there is real evidence. So, no, I don't think overall Sam and Zach are close comparisons as far as prospects with Sam's biggest weaknesses being Zach's strengths.

16. legler82

Not all CMP%s are created equal.

Snatch Catch, NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  17. NCJetsfan

Dan Orlovsky is tiny. He doesn't look like he has even played football. He looks more a jockey than a football player. Half the time he sounds more like a jockey than a former NFL QB too. He's getting as bad as Kiper.

18. Brook!

Okay. Who is ready to listen unoffical draft guru Brook! here

Mahomes - I watched his clips after legler praised him and I was impressed big time. But the talking heads convinced me not wanting him.
    Watson - I watched his national championship game. I was extremely impressed. Talking heads convinced me not wanting him.

Fields - Loved his game against Clemson. Talking heads again steering me toward Wilson.

This time I will stand pat.

I want Fields. I am a Fields guy. Something about this kid gives me confidence. He will be great with us. There you go. Won't let any talking head convince me otherwise.

Wilson - I like, but not severely impressed. Doesn't strike me as a leader of men. His injury history etc.

I go with Fields folks. There you go.

19. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

no hurt, just objective, anyone with eyes can see he's the weak link on that team. just like sanchez was for us

20. NCJetsfan

Do you think he knows what causes that? LOL

Brook! likes this.