Free Agent News & Rumors

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Cornerback is still an issue. Right now Austin, Hall, and Guidry would be starting and that’s way too uncertain for my liking. Guards are pretty shit too.

2. Quinnenthebeast

I agree. He may just be a camp body or just a dude who will bring the Lafleur offense from a player standpoint, but he has been so bad in SF.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Actually, I think he has set himself up to draft at least one, if not two CBs and the same may go for OGs, unless he's planning on rolling with Lewis and Van Roten or Cameron Clarke at one of the spots.

Jets79 likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think most of the posters here like Jaycee Horn.

REVISion likes this.
  5. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Jaycee may not even be there at 23. I do think he should be our target pick. Really think we can do damage if we find a way to trade back (grabs Pitts/Smith/Chase) and go after Horn/trade up even for Sutrain if he falls with the 23rd pick. And go heavy OL after that.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Tevin Coleman does nothing for me. He’ll be good for practice ,helping the team learn the new language and such but after that I’d expect nothing from him.

7. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

That’s probably the main purpose of the signing and I doubt it stops them from drafting a RB....

FJF and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  8. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I’m not sure...I think we still have a huge hole at both guard and CB. I think the DL signings show that JD may not be feeling the DEs in the draft. And I’m not sure about the RB signing .... personally I’m still concerned about CB and OG. I do feel some urgency to improve those spots in the draft since we haven’t done anything there in free agency and we need some serious help at those spots. But a good pass rush makes the corners look better...

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

It's not even that a hate the player that much. Or the $2 mil deal. I just think this precludes Douglas from drafting Etienne or Williams.

10. Lon Chaney

Don't be so sure. I'm thinking it at least stupid then from taking a RB at #34

11. Quinnenthebeast

Runningback has become so devalued and I think it’s no different with this team. I would love to get Harris if he fell but I don’t see it happening. If anything they will probably see what they got at offensive line with their rookies and QB first because that’s what I think they will focus on this draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Lon Chaney

No arguing the devaluating aspect. But I laid this out in a different post the draft forum. In short:

We've tried the "find the rb anywhere" and "bring in the rb on his second contract" forever and failed miserably. I don't even want to post the names again because I just had some whiskey with dinner and might puke. But essentially, it's time to draft or stud. The #34 pick is right in the sweet spot for a franchise rb.

westiedog1 likes this.
  13. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Probably one of the third rounders.....Gainwell maybe even Hubbard could still be there.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  14. Lon Chaney

I want Etienne or Williams lol.

Any qb we roll with would greatly benefit from turning around and handing it one of these dudes 20-25 times a game

westiedog1 likes this.
  15. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

Vinny Curry and Tevin Coleman? Stop signing these vets (Frank Gore) who can’t play any more.

16. Lon Chaney

You need vets to fill out the roster.

The Curry signing is great.

The Coleman signing I could live without

17. ZachMFWilson

ZachMFWilson Active Member

18. ZachMFWilson

ZachMFWilson Active Member

Alvin Kamara was picked in the 3rd. I truly believe we’re getting a RB in the 3rd. The only thing I like about Perine is he has low mileage on him.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Cornerback play improves with the pass rush and that seems to be the strategy that's being deployed here, guys. The kids played ok last year. They might see good fits for their zone and they'll never find out what they have if they don't play.

We'll draft or sign a big time cornerback next year if none of them work out.

20. Lon Chaney

Perine is a non factor. Guy ran a 4.6 and was in the lower preventing of all explosive drills.

There seems to be 3 top tier RBs in those draft. One will be available at #34. I'm not saying we can't get lucky later in the draft, but that second round pick seems like a perfect place to get our guy for the next 4-5 years