Build around Sam

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Feb 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

build around the worst QB in the league is an abomination of an idea

v 199.0

PJ4Ever and patleahy like this.
  2. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

AGREED and that is why the Bears are moving on from Trubisky, haha! ;););)

hornblower likes this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'm not reading that entire synopsis of your history as a Jets fan but I can say with dead-on balls accuracy (Marissa Tomei confidence) you are going nowhere if the Jets roll with Darnold another year.

PJ4Ever, major33 and K'OB like this.
  4. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

JonathanVilma, you are a big Marissa Tomei fan or something??!!

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Who isn't?:D

patleahy, major33 and NOVAJET like this.
  6. RedRoute1

RedRoute1 Guest

Admittedly, I thought originally JD's utopia was to stick with Sam and trade the #2 pick. Reading the tea leaves now I think his utopia is getting a great offer for Darnold....But because he's very good at his job, I think he's being very shrewd and weighing all of his options here and waiting to be swayed in one direction by a team either willing to completely overwhelm him for the #2 or alternatively to give him a good offer for Sam...I can see a situation where the #2 pick is up for trade. However, I can't see a situation where the trades down to #8 for only a 3rd and future #1...no way...that's not how it works when QB's are the target. The offer is light by at least a 2021 #2 pick and more likely two #2 picks. Think about this, the Jets traded three #2 picks to move from 6 to 3 and that was a totally fair trade because everyone knew it was QB based. For the Jets to move down to #8, miss out on the high ranking QBs, it will need to complete exceed three #2 picks. Just my two cents which means completely nothing other than a thought..

edited to say from 6 to 3...which makes the case even stronger...

#886 RedRoute1, Mar 13, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2021
    Noam and Br4d like this.
  7. RedRoute1

RedRoute1 Guest

I've wanted to comment on this as I think this is the best post ever! Classic...funny and true all at the same time...reminder to all of us to have some fun here w/out taking ourselves too seriously as if we really had any insight we'd be getting paid by an NFL team or media outlet for something. Great job REVISion...let's have some fun here folks!

REVISion and Noam like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If Douglas were to do that, he should be fired as soon as it happened and not even allowed to finish the draft.

major33 and REVISion like this.
  9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I never saw it, but it's odd.

Who ever heard of a Jewish guy named Jimmy?

bicketybam likes this.
  10. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

The other problem is the fins sit at 3,and they are very interested in trading back. A team like Carolina might want Fields, be able to keep some draft capital by going for the 3rd pick instead of 2. They are a real thorn in our sides this offseason.

ouchy likes this.
  11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

True, but if they want a specific guy we hold the only guarantee. If they want him bad enough they wont roll the dice and risk losing him.

12. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

You gotta remember it was Mike MacCagnan whom the Colts absolutely fleeced in 2018. Who else would ever, ever be dumb enough to give up three second round picks just to move up three slots in the draft, especially when he made that trade a month BEFORE the draft and was not even sure who would be there at that slot?

13. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You could tell me literally anything negative about Gase and I would have no issue believing it. Worst coach in Jets history.

cval and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. bicketybam

I still think that title goes to Kotite. Not only was he terrible, he was lazy as fuck. And the players quit in him. No one can claim Gase was lazy and by all accounts the team didn't quit on him. But yeah, the guy was awful.

PJ4Ever and major33 like this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The reasons you gave is why I think Gase is worse, but your perspective is certainly valid. Gase was trying and still was beyond awful. At least Kotite, had been successful before, but just got lazy or disenchanted with it all, and didn't care or try. There's shame for not caring/trying and just taking the owner's money, but at least there's a solid, concrete reason why the team was so bad. There was talent on that team. With Gase, he was working hard and trying, and so were the players, and there was talent here. He was just so inept in every way that the team was awful. They both were terrible, so imo it really doesn't matter which was worse. They both are embarrassments and we (the fans) deserve better.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

You could make the argument that because Gase was actually trying he was worse.

K'OB, major33 and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. bicketybam

I think Kotite "tried" but he knew maximum effort wasn't going mean squat. He was just inept and lazy. I don't think anyone would ever make the case that Kotite would have been a good coach if he tried harder Seriously. That just sounds insane.

One final thought on Gase and I will start by saying that he flat out sucked. But with so many people saying how Sam was hamstrung with such a lousy roster, couldn't you make the same case for Gase? I'm not sure what he could have schemed up with Gore as RB and, for the first quarter of the season, a patchwork WR core and a OL that had zero time to gel. You can also throw in the fact that Darnold sucks if you want

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.