Build around Sam

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Feb 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

These had him at 22
    https://www.pff.com/news/final-nfl-qb-rankings-by-pff-player-grades-2017

This one 15 :)
    https://medium.com/sportsraid/ranking-all-32-quarterbacks-of-the-2017-nfl-season-a3eec30faac4

We were that shit he and Robby lit us up.

ColoradoContrails and REVISion like this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It may well be that the best move this year is to trade back for a bunch of prime picks and build up the talent while aiming for next year or the year after to finally get their FQB, but the irrefutable fact is that the Jets have been trying to win a SB without having a legitimate FQB for years. Even when they "rented" what they thought would be a FQB - Vinny, Favre - these were short term "solutions" and were not looking for the long haul.

IMO the Jets need to solve this long running problem now. If they can't get Watson, they need to draft a FQB prospect. Maybe if JD likes someone besides Wilson, or likes several of the QBs, trading back and then taking one of them is a good plan, but it's certainly risky. What I DO know is that I'm beyond tired of waiting for this problem to be fixed.

SOJAZ, PJ4Ever, Ralebird and 5 others like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It's one and the same. He wouldn't switch to RT and if they tried to force him to, he would demand a trade. It's not rocket sciene, Ace.

cval likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

I won't know or care. If Sam is back as the starter, that's it, I'm done.

5. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

JD has done nothing to help Sam since he has got here.Yes you can blame a lot of it on Gase, but JD has the big pants on and surrounded him with the worst offensive talent in the NFL. Even after Sam sxcked his rookie season. JD has had Sam for two seasons and has allowed the guy to get destroyed. If he thought he was a franchise qb or the guy he wants going forward he would have gotten him some help. When you say on radio you will listen to offers the guy is gone. You do not tank if you think you have a good qb on your roster. If you signed Conklin, R. Anderson, gave Sam even a little help you would know what you have. Almost everybody on here agreed before last season we needed to know what we have in Sam. JD did none of that , so either he had already made up his mind about Sam, or he stumbled into tanking by his poor talent decisions.

6. NCJetsfan

ROFLMAO! It's amazing how utterly clueless and ignorant some Jets fans are!

cval likes this.
  7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

NC. Come on my friend. You are better than this. What is this name calling for anyone who produces a different take on things? Please my friend. No name calling no insults no bullying please.

HomeoftheJets and Ralebird like this.
  9. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

For next year, maybe, but you’re not factoring in the fact a rookie QB is going to be cheaper for the next 3 years than Sam would be.

REVISion and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Weird, but ok

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  11. Funny...thats where I'm at w. drafting Wilson. Will not support this team or fan base any longer

12. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like you were all giddy over us drafting Sam and don't want to give up on that dream.

13. Nothing to do w Sam.Could take him or leave him.

Nothing to do w the other QB prospects either. I really like Lance & could get behind Fields just as well. No hidden agenda or axe to grind.

J-Raw24 and major33 like this.
  14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

So, if we draft wilson and he plays lights out or shows he belongs you will stop supporting the Jets?

PJ4Ever likes this.
  15. No that’d be vindictive & demented.

Basically theyd draft him & id be done.Wouldnt stick around to see the results.If succeeds good for him..i wont be back for the bandwagon not how i roll

16. major33

Ok well, then it's just a difference of opinion on how we see the QBs in this draft. Not sure though how you can like Lance over Wilson, but you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that.

I hope Lance & Fields both have great careers no matter where they end up.

17. Respect your opinion.If Wilson’s your guy than stick to it.

Have nothing against Wilson personally. Went into process liking him as a pick later in RD 1/RD 2.

It boils down to the fact that the style of team & type of players id like to see the team draft is drastically different than most of the fan base nevermind the moves of the actual team. Its become increasingly apparent over the last few years. Team building/architecture is really what i truly love about the sport..frankly i dont feel like i fit in w the fan base anymore.Really.

major33 likes this.
  18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I never said keeping Sam gives us the most cap space. I said keeping Sam give JD more draft cap than any other option. By far.

19. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

CC, I am in the same boat as you. I think trading down makes the most sense because this team needs to plug a lot of holes.... If Sam is here so be it, if he gone (hopefully to 49ers) I wish him well. If we do trade SAM, bring in a vet to help in the development... At this point, the speculation about SAM, no SAM is nauseating and no one knows - irrespective of comments or non comments - what anyone in the JETS think or will do. As for me, I have said it before, JD has a plan to build the team through the draft - augmenting with FA when necessary - and he will stick to it. At this point, that is what I know and I'm patiently waiting for him execute it.

ColoradoContrails and tomdeb like this.
  20. major33

Interesting take. I would not base your love of the team or how you would like to see the team built off of what the fans want. That's why I would never kill you for your opinion. I think it's very healthy to have a debate on how to build a team.

As I've stated, I'm someone who watches a ton of college football since I gamble a lot. I'm up late watching these QBs and I have no idea where people get the idea that Wilson does not have a strong arm. He can make all the throws. He may not be able to heave it 70 yards, but in the 50-60 yard range he's highly accurate and gets the ball there with ease.

Now I'm not going to convince you about Wilson since it seems you have your mind made up. I had my mind made up watching Darnold in college as my least favorite of the QBs in the draft. I feel like I was right on the money with him. I'm not right all the time, but with him, that seems to be the case. But, when we drafted him and I had to get over the feeling of nauseousness, I was willing to give him a chance.

Lance is a mystery. Fields I like but there are some concerns also with his durability and accuracy and reads at times. But, I was willing to take a chance on Allen sight unseen over Darnold because that's how much I hated Sam in college. So I can see that if you don't like Wilson, why you would want to take a gamble on Lance.

Sometimes you just never know who will and won't be great until they step onto an NFL field. We've all seen the busts, likewise, we see stars emerge out of nowhere.

Having said that, I wouldn't just yet throw in my Jets fan card since we have a ton of picks this year and 2 first next year. We can still build a quality team around the QB.

ColoradoContrails and REVISion like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.