Build around Sam

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Feb 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That lineman from Northwestern is a beast though. He might be better than Sewell

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think either of them is probably a no-brainer in the top 10.

I think the #2 is for selling for a huge package of picks. Particularly this year when there are alternate QB's everybody is steaming about plus a strong LT candidate plus several strong WR candidates to put in the #2 slot for the crowd to salivate over.

For me right now the nightmare is that the Jets take a QB not named Lawrence on the #2 and then the Fins trade the #3 for a haul of picks and we're looking up at them in the standings for a decade just after getting out of having Patriot butt in our face every year.

Skicats and tomdeb like this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He was a left tackle but I saw this tweet a couple days ago.

I've never really watched him but I'm in on him if we trade down within the top ten if he's supposed to be that good.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

very interesting. I saw videos of him moving bodies around. Pairing him with Becton would be awesome

5. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

The jets should not spend the #2 pick on anyone. There is so much demand for that pick now the jets can get a boatload of picks to make up for the years of Mike MacCagnan wasted drafts.

SOJAZ and Br4d like this.
  6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree. I'm just saying they don't have any reason to give him that reassurance right now. I wish they did. Douglas has taken the right approach the whole time, but I think it ends with Sam being traded.

JetBlue likes this.
  7. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Read post #733. That's what I was replying to. NCJetFan stated Becton would demand a trade.
    As he usually does, he then changed his stance in later replies.
    I'm not advocating for drafting Sewell, I'm not in favor of the pick nor am I in favor of keeping Sam , however that is the topic of the thread.
    I am a firm believer though that if a second year player were to refuse to play, demand a trade, refuse to play where coaches feel he would best help the team, you move him. Period.
    As fans, let's pray Douglas can draft well enough that in 4-5 years time we have to worry about paying multiple draft picks big contracts because they have performed at such high levels. What good is having the cap space and no talent.
    Thank you but for placing me at the top of the class, but I believe your drafting 4 OTs makes you the Queen of Facetious class.

K'OB likes this.
  8. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

No, it doesn't matter. Biting on a ball fake is an instinctual, split second decision reinforced by years of playing football. It's not a conscious decision for defenders.

bicketybam and Bellys Lies like this.
  9. REVISion

Why is there so much demand for the #2 pick? Because many teams want their choice of the 2nd best QB prospect after Lawrence.

We currently have the worst starting QB in the league, why shouldn't we want to keep the pick?

bicketybam and Bellys Lies like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Having the best tackle combo in the league is a luxury. It's not necessary, and is stupid when you already have a great LT, and you want to trade him because he doesn't want to play RT and make less money. Becton is a hard worker and determined to be great. I'm not worried about anything with him. Becton isn't refusing to play. He would refuse to play RT if the Jets insulted him by drafting Sewell and expecting Becton to move to RT. That situation is totally avoidable. As I said,t there are plenty of excellent OT prospects in this draft, and the Jets should take one at #23, or #34 or with the pick they get for Sam. They can have a great OT duo/bookends without drafting Sewell.

11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

How many years in the past decade have the Jets had one of the worst statistical QBs in the league . It seems like a lot.

bicketybam, Bellys Lies and REVISion like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

I still don't think there is one good reason to keep Sam, but that doesn't mean that JD will think that way. He should, but he might like Sam so much that he decides to give him another shot. If he does and doesn't draft a QB at #2, I'm done.

REVISion likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

I didn't change my stance. Quit lying! Drafting Sewell at #2 after drafting Becton at #11 last year would be as dumb as Mac drafting DTs every year in the 1st round.

tomdeb and cval like this.
  14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Will you be done if Sam has a great year?

15. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

You didnt say Becton would demand a trade, then after I replied to that say he wouldnt switch to RT?

Edit : read post # 698

Footballgod214 said:
    Becton will play where he's told to play.
    Your response
    No he won't. He will demand a trade.

So who is lying?

#815 TonyFtLaud, Mar 11, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    SOJAZ and Footballgod214 like this.
  16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

'I'm done'

Come on man, you have been threatening that for years lol.

17. REVISion

It's gotta be 9 of the last 10 years. Sanchez, Geno, Darnold. Fitzpatrick was pretty much the only time we had decent QB play and that was only for one year. He started two years for us but was among the worst in the league one of those years. Sub 60% completion, more INT's than TD's etc.

People wonder why we haven't made the playoffs in the last decade? There's the answer. Yet we still have people advocating for us passing up a QB in the draft...

18. K'OB

Yes, sorry about that, I just read the one you quoted.

I am with you on JD drafting well scenario, it will be the first time we have had that problem in living memory lol

Nah, I put a winky smiley, that covers me on the facetious front, you just went a bit silly and over the top ;):D

but on today's news KC may well need to draft 4 OT's lol

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  19. K'OB

McCown had one good season, it was certainly his best career season, I thought that got him top 15 that year and then he was shit the next season when he stood in for Sam.

20. REVISion

I don't think he would've qualified as top 15 that year. He averaged 1.4 TD's per game, nearly 1 interception per game and 225 yards passing per game that season. Just goes to show how poor our QB play has been that that was one of the "bright" spots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.