Miami Herald State Watson Picks Jets as #1 Destination

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by york61, Jan 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

He’s almost as good as Jason La Canfora.

abyzmul likes this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He also said shouldn't and not won't. His post is operating under the assumption that the dumbfuck Texans are operating with a smart and sane approach.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He got clicks from exactly who he wanted to get clicks from.

IIMeanDeanII and abyzmul like this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Yes but he’s not the only one saying this which is my point. The guy hasn’t ever had an original thought in his life, his whole job is to repeat other people’s opinions. It’s pretty widely known and accepted that this isn’t the standard for a Watson trade.

5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Why waste your time typing such fucking rubbish man?

bicketybam likes this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

Like I said, his entire website is reposting other people’s reports. I didn’t click the story because I wanted a source to back my opinion... plenty of smart respected people already said what he said, he just said it again.

7. abyzmul

It's part of his charm. That's like asking you to stop being you.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I was thinking as well: these are two separate trades rolled into one. While Goff is a solid QB, no one would take Goff given the salary he has, so you have to include at least a late first rounder just to get rid of him. Maybe even more, because on the money you save, you can just get a 1st round talent in FA market. So Stafford, who is on really friendly deal, and around #10 range as far as QB talent in the League, just got traded for a late first rounder and a 3d, way less than JD got for Adams. And while no one knows what Rams picks will be for sure, for last 4 years they are averaging mid-late 20s, and had all winning seasons. It's almost like us trading Adams for Seattle's picks, you know they probably not going to be all that high. And they just upgraded their QB spot too.

That's a pretty good deal for LA I have to say, and if it sets any precedent is that CAP room and even late first round picks are quite valuable, not to mention something like #2 overall. I don't see this as raising the value of Watson, if anything, it is the opposite as Stafford was just traded for quite a bit less than Jamal Adams.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I cannot get the overreacting by these pundits again.

They are looking at the trade only at the surface level and are also acting like Goff is really good.

People need to stop comparing 2 late first round picks for a playoff contending team to the #2 overall pick!!
    Our pick guarantees any player other then Lawrence.

Catfish Billy and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Ya I get it. It's just a good opportunity to take shots at Florio.

I don't think there is a lot of legs to any of this anyway quite yet. The Texans are going to bleed this situation for all it's worth to try to avoid trading him until they really 'have' to. The only reason the Stafford deal went through as quickly as it did is because Stafford and the Lions agreed on moving on. The Texans and Watson have not.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

IDK if it will influence Douglas at all - I believe he has his own blueprint and is going to stick with it until he sees it doesn't work - but it's interesting that the Rams were so determined to get rid of a QB who they decided wasn't good enough that they also threw in additional compensation to sweeten the pot. It's true that Goff has gone downhill since his first year, but it's not like he's chopped liver. Still, the Rams opted to go with the Branch Rickey Rule - "addition by subtraction" - rather than hope Goff could return to form, and paid a premium to do it. Does this provide any impetus for Douglas to part ways with Darnold before he has to sign him to an expensive new contract?

Footballgod214 likes this.
  12. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Yeah we can't even match that if we tried, unless they just gave up Quinnen which would be silly. Fatukasi and Ashtyn Davis/Hall? That's reaching.

Footballgod214 and K'OB like this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well that may be what they want, but it's not likely what they get.

14. K'OB

I'd love to stop being me though?

Also, stop changing your damned avatar, the other day I was thinking that looks like Brooks avatar and it was but you ffs ;)

15. BroadwayAaron

We can’t give them two firsts, two seconds and two young starters? There is one defensive starter untouchable and it’s Quinnen. They can take Fatukasi, Davis, literally anyone they want. That’s actually way way less than I thought it would take.

16. K'OB

They won't get that out of JD, not a fucking chance.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

I understand why they would want to believe the situation dry but it is way way more productive and forward thinking to make the deal now if Watson has made it perfectly clear that he has no intentions of playing for them. Sure you can have a dick swinging contest and call his bluff but how does that help your team? If you can jumpstart your rebuild the same year that you have a new staff and new general manager by trading a guy that says he’s not playing for you and getting multiple draft picks in return plus maybe some players, you’d be an idiot not to do it. The problem is the Texans are noted idiots.

18. abyzmul

The other day Michael Smith was trying to intimate that McClain was someone that the Texans were floating trade scenarios through to gauge interest. Not sure what to believe.

19. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

#23, #34, 2022 #1, 2022 #2, Quinnen Williams, Ashtyn Davis or 2021 third.

20. BroadwayAaron

Yea, no thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.