Miami Herald State Watson Picks Jets as #1 Destination

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by york61, Jan 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You should stop because you're just embarrassing yourself. You're truly showing how little you know. It's hilarious that you told someone else that they weren't good at team building when you are the poster boy for not being good at team building.

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Compared to the opiates they are pumped with in-game and afterwards (don't for a minute think that the medic tent they put on the sideline is there strictly for diagnosis purposes) I think ganja is leagues less harmful and tends to have a more therapeutic effect than simply dulling nerves while a guy's adrenaline is pumping overtime.

3. NCJetsfan

OMG! I knew that he was a dumbass, but didn't know he was a completely clueless moron!

94Abraham likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

I'm kinda glad he said this. Yeah, some clueless Jets fans will buy into it, but hopefully, maybe some NFL team will as well and give us more for Sam than they should.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

WRONG!!!!!

6. NCJetsfan

NO POLITICS, unless you want a vacation too!!!!!

7. NCJetsfan

I want Watson anyway, but I'd especially love it if he is traded to the Jets because it will make those assholes Schefter and Mortenson look like morons.

8. NCJetsfan

That's ridiculous! No way they should even consider it, much less do it. I've always respected you and your opinion, but this is just nuts. Is Covid driving you crazy? No only would I not give 4 1st round picks for Watson, I wouldn't include Q. Williams unless the trade was the #2 pick and Q. Williams for Watson.

LAJet likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

I disagree. The Texans have no leverage. If Watson does want to come to the Jets, he could veto any other trade.

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

NC. As far as I see, he just shared his opinion. I don't think he deserved this heavy response.

Nobody should stop sharing their opinions.

Nobody is embarrassing himself for sharing his opinion.

He knows a lot. I am the witness. He knows football pretty well.

Him telling somebody he isn't good at team building is wrong.

But your above post is also borderline bullying.

Your post is reported so I am responding to all reports with my response.

Peace!

11. NCJetsfan

I think they do have zero interest in trading Watson. They'd be nuts if they wanted to trade him. The things is, they probably have no choice. Watson can sit out if they don't trade him and they are in desperate need of draft picks. It's in their best interests to trade him and trade him ASAP. Other teams will want to solidify their plans before FA, and I think they longer they wait, the less teams may offer. Ultimately, I believe it's posturing so they can ask for more in a trade. Teams are calling them, so they aren't having to call teams to ascertain interest. It helps their bargaining position.

12. RedRoute1

RedRoute1 Guest

Need to keep in mind that JD and TM are boys...played football together at Richmond and think I remember TM being considered for a position on JD's staff when he was hired, but am guessing the payout scared him away...As the draft approaches am sure the rhetoric and Sam love will continue...I'm surprised TM came out that strongly about Sam, and I'm a Sam guy, but yikes as that's a hit to his reputation...but maybe it's because he's helping to spread the love leading up to the draft. TM, Schefter, Rap etc...they all trade information, it's a "give and get" relationship with the teams. You help them and they help you. So while this was to the extreme, I wouldn't read too much into it...

13. NCJetsfan

Are you sure about those figures? It generally takes around $8-$12 million to sign draft picks. Then one needs to have emergency money for the season. I don't see how they could trade for Watson, sign all those players, sign their draft picks, and then have $10 million left over.

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  14. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

15. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Make it happen JD!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

That's still in the distant past and we don't have a Cowher or Harbaugh coaching us. Stats have already been shown that the overwhelming majority of the recent SBs have been won by elite QBs.

17. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

Gotta disagree. No one knows how well Lawrence will do. Watson has proven himself already and given the assets on offense will most likely reproduce similar results to the Texan years. To compare what Lawrence did in college to a pro player is not even close. You can see wide open receivers in college with not a CB within a half mile. That is not the case with the pros where CBs actually are in the same zip code as the receiver.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

yea, if you take the contracts they suggest on pff, then look at what cap hits were in year 1 and 2 for similar contracts, like Brandon brooks for thuney, Keenan Allen for Robinson, and budda baker for maye, you get to those numbers. By year 3 most of the deals would be able to reworked or cut. The jets will need less money for draft picks assuming #2 and #34 are traded.

#1038 chad2coles, Jan 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

Sorry, who is TM?

Wah likes this.
  20. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Tobert Malah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.