Official Coaching Search Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ray Lucas, Oct 22, 2020.

?

Our Next Head Coach

Poll closed Nov 5, 2020.
  1. Eric Bieniemy

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. Arthur Smith

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Greg Roman

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. Jim Harbaugh

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. Joe Brady

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. Other (Please Explain)

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

there’s some smoke here with Saleh. Second interview... now reports that they may offer him the gig as to why they are bringing him in

2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Shouldn't the jobs be awarded based on merit and not the color of the candidate's skin? Wild concept, I know.

LAJet and Borat like this.
  3. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

I am sure bb interview was not good, but... just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You can do this for a lot of teams though. The Steelers had the second best scoring D in the league and just gave up more than any of those totals to a team missing their head coach and two starting linemen. Colts got lit up by the Bills, just like the Niners. Rams got rocked by the Bills and Dolphins. Bottom line is I'm more impressed with what Salah did than I am worried about giving up big points in a few games to really good offenses. I get it though, I'm not saying the guy is squeaky clean.

SOJAZ likes this.
  5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Well the outcome of resting Mahomes meant KC lost, I'd say that was a pretty obvious outcome before the event myself.

The facts are Pederson removed a QB that was having an absolute stinking game and put in somebody else who then went and stunk the joint out.

They would have lost, either way, not tanking for me and if he comes here it won't bother me in the slightest tbh

6. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Or Micah Parsons...;)

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Oh for fucks sake.

Make this happen Dougie!

9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He’s one of a handful they are going to interview so we might end up with the next Sean McDermott or Sean Mcvay.

I’m in the minority but he doesn’t excite me at all.

10. BroadwayAaron

Now I wish teams hired coaches based off fan voting. There would be a massive "vote for Sanjaya" style movement from the Jets fanbase.

Also Howard wouldn't do that again because he stinks now.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  11. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

This is the only thing stopping me from disliking the Saleh hire. The 49ers have some seriously good coaches, if Saleh can bring over McDaniel or LaFleur it would mean a lot.

Honestly though I'm still uneasy about this. We need to prioritize offense.

ColoradoContrails and Red Menace like this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I have two concerns with Saleh:

1. He's a coordinator and has never had to oversee an entire team, and this is a HUGE pitfall for coordinators. It's the "hill where they die".
    2. He's a defensive guy. I'm extremely wary of any more of these given our track record. Yes, if he can step back and become a "CEO", hire a good CS, that's great, but since he's never had to do that before it remains a question until he does, and I'm tired of being the "proving ground" for new HCs.

At this point I still favor a proven, winning HC - Pederson, Lewis, and if Cowher returns I'd prefer him.

REVISion likes this.
  13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Fair. But a bad example - the Steelers allowed more than 30 points once in 17 games.

Red Menace likes this.
  15. BroadwayAaron

This is why it's all about the staff for me. Look at Sean McDermott. He was a defensive guy. He had a solid staff and the GM gave them everything they could possibly need and now look at them. A few years ago hiring another defensive coach would have scared me off. Now I'm more inclined to believe that the coach is as good as the people around him. The coach leads and sets the example and takes care of big picture items, the staff are the ones doing the groundwork.

Aero, LAJet and Imagesrdecieving like this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

Also fair, because I didn't actually look that up I was just going off what I remembered from a graphic during the broadcast.

17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well that's why I'd like to know the facts about WHY he pulled his QB, and we likely never will hear. I'm just saying that if a coach actively tries to lose a game I have a problem with that. Sure you can say that resting Mahomes is likely to cost them a win, but you can't say for sure.

We can agree to disagree. I remain opposed to a coach who knowingly, willingly tries to lose a game.

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Considering we are the Jets, he may do that. I like Saleh and think he will work well with Joe.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  19. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

for those who actually have some insight on the candidates, who is/are the one(s) which value the trenches -- JD believes that's where the game is won (rightly or wrongly)

Red Menace likes this.
  20. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I am excited about saleh for 4 reasons.
    1. He is supposed to have a great demeanor who gets along with everyone.
    2. He has a ton of expereince and connections
    3. I love the coaches he can bring with him from SF. I love LaFleur. If we are going to keep and rebuild Sam, which I am extremely skeptical of, I can't imagine a better system for him. The west coast system should help Sam with reads and getting the ball out on time. Which should greatly help his confidence which IMO is his biggest problem and something that may not be able to be repaired.
    4. He is a player's coach who should provide a lot of enthusiasm and inspiration. he brings integrity and honesty to a position that has been severely lacking in both.
    5. I really did not expect this process to move so fast. CJ said they rushed things last time and wanted to go slow. I thought we would be exhaustive and drag this out being afraid to pull the trigger. So this is really exciting.
    6. Saleh just seems like a really solid higher. A very non-Jets type hire. He seems to have earned the respect of everyone in the league.
    7. From all accounts he is not an asshole. After what we endurded the last two years with Gase it will be nice to have a coach that makes us want to root for their team.

Aero and matt robinson 17 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.