Criticize Chad today???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by John127, Dec 26, 2006.

1. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

EXIT 117, good to hear it.

2. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

ok then so you are saying you would love it if Chad won the SB for us correct? And you would not post anything negative about Chad the day of the SB if we won correct? You would be a happy Jet Fan then. Good to know.

3. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

ya know,

I was thinking the same thing...right now chad is just the guy that doesn't lose games...and we don't have baltimore's D or Old School Jamal Lewis, which is what we need to win the SB with noodle

4. NEJets

NEJets Member

He is our QB. I don't see how many credits he can claim for last night win. Chicago has the best record in NFC, so Grossman is the best QB? No way!!!
    Pennington is an average QB at best. We can win a SB with him only when we have a defense who can shutdown other team completely and score some TDs on consistant basis.

5. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Coulda, woulda, shoulda... to quote the boards resident grumpmeister. The ball wasn't intercepted. Chad was one of the impact players in this game, putting a TD pass on the money to Cotchery.

6. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Yeah, you would like that wouldn't you. Jets fans who hope for failure. You have to laugh at them. :rofl:

7. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

does anyone here like beating Miami in front of the entire country on christmas?

8. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Even in a soup bowl. :beer:

9. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Um, Mike Tirico is a life long Jets fan by the way.

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Really. Pennington is a Top 5 Qb. Right now. Brady, Palmer, P.Manning (If you dont mind going home ealry in January), and thats about it. Young, Rivers, Cutler dont have the Body of work to be on the list.

And in fact if you look at the passer rating stats, 10 of 13 QBs ahead of Pennington, have RUNNING GAMES to complement their offenses...especially the top 10.

Right now, Ole Noodlearm is averaging .5 Yards per attempt higher (and is over 7yds per pass att.) than Brady, and completing at 2 percentage points higher.

Arm stregnth means little, in the context of the Jets offense. And with increased arm stregnth comes the desire to force balls in where they shouldnt go.....

This Offense has little to no running game, and no Deep Threat. Find either one of those, and Penningtons only real flaw goes away.

He can get the ball down the field on time, and in a spot, and that is all that really matters.

The 30 yard throw to Cotchery last night, is just another example of that.

Ramsey has a cannon, do you think he gets that ball in there?

11. Hobbes3259

The Vaunted NE Patriots played there 2 weeks ago. Someone tell me agian what happened in THAT game.

12. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

Chad can win games, I don't care what kind of numbers he has and how weak his arm is.

13. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

i think it's somewhat true. I think they are afraid of success.

14. Hobbes3259

You know, before the Minnesota game, I would have bought into that. But, I think that game plan features enough elements to fix that particular flaw of his. Its the plan we should have seen in Oakland, and against Pittsburgh...

Minnesota was in the backfield on the snap consistently, yet, he put it up 40 times successfully, and not against Will Allen and Will Poole, but against Smoot,Sharper,and Winfield.....

A running game and a Home run threat in the slot, would make this Offense near unstoppable.

15. duketogo

duketogo New Member

Very true my friend, otherwise we wouldn't have threads after the biggest victory of the year whining about poor passing in the rain. I swear some people would rather not have us make the playoffs so they don't have to deal with the possibility of a loss.

16. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

17. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Wow, you sunshiners are angrier than darksiders, you just don't admit it to yourselves.

Bashing Jets fans as not "real fans" simply because we disagree with your assessment of Pennington? Please.

The fact is, I'm not a darksider. I sunshine a lot. I am also a big Chad fan. I am also realistic.

3rd is actually a very intelligent poster, and one I actually respect. I disagree with him on a lot of subjects, but he always makes fair and intelligent arguments.

Some of you are sitting there typing like 4th grade English was too damned hard, and acting like you know so much more than anyone else. (And no, I'm not going to get into the whole "does spelling count" argument. For those of us who can type a full English sentence, it DOES.)

But let's get back to the subject at hand. My problem is not with Pennington being our QB. I would like nothing more than to see him raise the Lombardi for us. At the same time, I'm not going to give him credit he doesn't deserve.

His yards per reception is SEVERELY inflated by the work of his receivers. The Leon play last night is a perfect example. That's a huge play in Chad's stat log, but it was ALL Leon, and a couple of very good blocks.

As far as laying guys out, this is not about last night. This about EVERY DAMNED WEEK.

Yes, EVERY single QB in the National Football League leaves his receivers out to dry once in a while.

Chad does it EVERY WEEK.

Is this sinking in yet?

How many weeks straight now has there been a point where Coles was laying down for far too long after having the ball touch his hands?

At what point are you going to realize that Coles is not going to get up one of these days?

Maybe you'd be happy if it was on a TD? I guess if it results in a TD, and we win the game, Coles goes out as a martyr? Would it then be okay?

The sad thing is, we KNOW Chad has the skills to be a better throwing QB. No, he will never be throwing 60 yarders on a beeline with accuracy. It doesn't matter. This offense is built to make short gains, and let the playmakers do the work.

Yes Chad wins. This offense is DESIGNED for a guy like him.

But he needs to play BETTER.

His mechanics SUCK. Period.

Unless he corrects his form and goes back to the way he was throwing early in the year, we are out of the playoffs as soon as we meet up with Baltimore or San Diego. This team can beat Indy and New England. Baltimore will absolutely obliterate us.

This isn't even an excuse for me to be able to point back later and say "I told you so." The fact is, I WANT to be wrong. If Chad can fix himself, then I can sit here and eat my crow with a side of Super Bowl.

When winning today risks the long-term health of this team though, I have to take a stance against it. Chad risks his receivers' health EVERY WEEK. Does anyone want to think about the prospects of this team without Coles?

Maybe I didn't make my point clearly enough, so I'll repeat it. EVERY WEEK Chad puts his receivers in the air or with their backs to multiple defenders. EVERY WEEK he risks the health of our true stars. And EVERY WEEK the Pennington apologists find a way to excuse it.

What happens that one week where our big playmaker goes down and doesn't get back up? What then?

But then again, there have been far too many Jets fans who thought Vinny T was the best Jets QB since Namath won the Super Bowl.

18. John127

John127 New Member

Let's see Chad with a mature, stable OL, a system (and OC) for more than one season, and a running game, then we'll talk.

19. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

We had a very dynamic deep threat in Moss and had to trade him away because Penny wasn't able to get him the ball deep.

To those who are bashing anyone who sees flaws in Chads game(like myself) - you are missing the point. I agree that Chad has played the key position on a team which should go to the playoffs in spite of most viewing the Jets as a rebuilding team coming into the season.

The point is: pro sports is a delicate balanacing act of working towards success now as well as in the future. If you cannot see things for what they actually are(the good and the bad) then you run the risk of damaging your franchise's success both now and in the future.

I have always loved the Jets and I always will. But some people need to stop and consider where the word 'fan' actually comes from. It is the abbreviated version of the word 'fanatic'. Fanatics very often refuse to see the big picture by actively ignoring anything that does not support their fanatical love.

20. Hobbes3259

That's a rare inaccuracy from you, but an inaccuracy just the same.

After a combined 164 receptions, Coles and Cotchery are averaging a mighty 12.1 YPC each. Leons play, is the aberration, rather than the fact, over 300 odd completions.

For every play like Leons, there is a 30 yarder that is all Chad, like the money shot on the Cotchery TD...

Bottom line is he averages 30 attempts, and 210+ yds a game...And we dont have that many huge plays like Leons last night.