OK....Oakland....What To Worry About ???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 26, 2006.

1. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

I don't know how many of you watched the KC-Faders game this past Saturday, but if you did, you would know that there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY we lose this. The Raiders are a joke of a team.

Put it in the books

2. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

What's that bot gonna pull this time....

3. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

All I want to see out of this game, is a Jets win that doesnt involve Laveranues Coles getting hit. At all. If the Jets could afford to lose and still make the playoffs, Id have him on the bench. Say as much as you want about his toughness, if he keeps getting beat up the way he has the last few weeks, hes not gonna be able to help this team too much come January. I wouldnt mind seeing a couple other key players get some rest either. Ferguson in particular seems like he could use a break, I know Taylor is a fantastic end but Ferguson looked today like he may have hit that rookie wall, he looked tired to me.

4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Oak's defense is solid, and we have one day less to prepare after a huge win. Letdown possibility, and we could overlook them. Even if we overlook them, though, I don't see how they score...

5. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

HUGE WIN 2NITE. Jets 24 Raiders 6 next week...

6. allan1

allan1 Active Member

The one time I agree with Francesa. "No team in the history of sports has ever traveled further to mail in a game like the Raiders will on New Years Eve"

This is a team that doesn't care, they couldn't even get up to deliver a death blow to the chiefs. It's not an up and coming young team that we should worry about. it's a rag tag collection of misfits and apathetic average joe's.

who's going to be playing qb for them? andrew walter? 3 td's/13 ints

they have no rb, moss has mailed it in and there only decent receiver is curry who would be a #3 on most teams.

7. ANJI

ANJI New Member

Don't they give up like 5 sacks a game......just blitz the hell out of them.

8. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

If Herm can beat them, than we should be able to double it.

9. jetfan51

jetfan51 New Member

just blitz and don't throw the ball to that raiders CB who has that african name...

10. steviep

steviep Active Member

Waaaay too confident, boys.
    I hate reading posts like this.
    TOugh game -- very very good defense.
    Buffalo beat us with FOUR plays -- thats all it takes.
    One runback and an INT -- and all of a sudden its a game.
    Last night means nothing if we dont win Sunday.
    Im nervous about this game.
    Ill post later about all the CANT LOSE games that we lost.

11. vcoach

vcoach New Member

guys, assuming healthy, moss will play hard this game. CP's opinion means something to moss, always has. he will not "mail it in" in front of CP. look at all he has said about CP over the years. this is one guy-maybe the only guy, that moss respects. this is the one leader moss has followed. he will not mail it in sunday. (ok, call me nuts now) just remember i said this

12. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

This is the closest I've come to being confident about a Jets victory this year. Which, of course, gives me the heebie-jeebies.

I thought the Jets were an 8-8 team going into the season -- I'm so glad I was wrong.

I'm glad the coach of the Jets is a better football man than I.

I'm glad he'll gameplan for the Raiders as if he's gameplanning for the '75 Steelers.

13. JetPulse

JetPulse New Member

What to worry about?
    Overconfidence. Not preparing like it's the last game of the season if we don't win. Underestimating the individuals of the team. Underestimating the need of the Raiders to play as spoilers. The NYJ press giving Chad a big head. Resting a little too much, instead of concentrating on team play. Etc....

14. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Funny. I was going to say one thing.

3 and out. Miami Punt. Kassel touch. Miami 7.

The Football gods arent wearing green yet.

15. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

I hear ya, but the rrrrraiders dont want to win but its not in there best interest to win.

16. abdulsalaam

abdulsalaam New Member

I thought Steve Young made a good point last night on MNF wehen he said that in reality, a lot of players on losing teams don't play as hard because they dont want to get hurt. You might not expect that with a well-disciplined team, but this Oakland team is anything but disciplined.

So here's hoping the Raiders don't get a crap about the game.

17. steviep

steviep Active Member

18. slink88

slink88 New Member

Well, the Raiders do have 2 wins so anything is possible...I am not worried and have confidence that Chad, Mangini, Rhodesm and company will get it done. The only areas of concern are:

1) Injury- If someone important goes down (ie..Chad, Coles...) the game's tone changes.
    2) Bad Weather- As we saw last night, bad weather is a good equalizer for two teams.
    3) Turnovers- fumbles, interceptions...etc

Needless to say, the Raiders do look like a beaten team and have some incentive to get the #1 pick but the players will not see it that way and historically the Jets/Raiders seem to play many important games. I feel like the Raiders are always in the way from the Jets getting somewhere (lol)...Remember 1968? 1982? 2001? 2002? etc....

19. benyitz3

benyitz3 New Member

Oakland in no even terms will lay down to get Quinn.

It will be an ugly 20-6 win , 23-10 win

Let not sustain any injuries

20. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Strange is it may sound, the Raiders don't see themselves as needing to draft a quarterback. Don't take my word for it, though. Raiderjeaux will be here soon enough, and he'll tell you that Andrew Walter 6'5" 230 has a rocket arm and just needs more seasoning in the position. I think Jeaux will want to draft either a stud running back (because Lamont ain't cutting it like he expected), or a monster defensive lineman (because, deep down, he knows that the Raiders can't stop the run).