OK....Oakland....What To Worry About ???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 26, 2006.

1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Al Davis is going to bring out the old 1960's Raiders-Jets wars....Ben Davidson breaking Joe's jaw, etc -- as a motivational play.

I don't think there's any way that the Jets won't 'show up' -- but I also don't see as likely any blowout like GB or Indy in 2002.

I know there are questions about Art Shell and Randy Moss is taking off 90% of the plays and Warren Sapp is only 70% of the player he was 4 years ago.

Still, we have to play a pretty good game -- not great, not our best, no -- but a pretty good game to win.

BTW, #2 overall bust Robert Gallery may or may not play.

2. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Their offense sucks.

Unless their D scores TDs for them, we win easy. They avg 1 TD every 70 plays.

3. jetsfanstuckinaz

jetsfanstuckinaz New Member

its the raiders . . .the only thing they know how to do is loose . .

4. JeTsFaN_in_SoUtHFloRiDa

Oaklands MO is great solid defense with an absolute SHIT just pure SHIT offense.

5. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

10-6.

We're going to the Playoffs!

6. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Oakland wants Brady Quinn, which means oakland wants the number 1 pick in the draft. We don't need to worry as much as we did for the dolphins

7. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

This is Jets vs. GB in 2002, sans the pre-game suspense. That offense is horrible, their defense ok. Hope the fans are loud and drunk!

8. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Jeaux will be by soon to explain to you why the Jets don't have a chance.

A repeat of tonight's offensive troubles is the only thing to worry about - Oakland's D is reasonably good. The biggest thing the Jets have going for them is that the Raiders have to fly 3000 miles across the country for a game that means less than nothing to them. Ben Davidson? Joe Namath? These guys have no clue who they are, and the Jets aren't even the slightest rival to them.

9. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Better beat the Raiders, I doubt they are going to come to play New Years Eve and really put up a fight. I'm sure most of these guys don't even listen to their coach and are already packing up for the offseason.

10. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

Well, they can play defense, so we can't make mistakes.

I guess the biggest thing to worry about is us overlooking them. The media is already basically saying the Jets are in the playoffs because the Raiders have no chance. That's fine for them to say, but hopefully our players stay focused. I have confidence that Mangini will have them prepared, but if your looking for something to worry about I guess that's it.

11. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

The dolphin defense is better, and like i said, the raiders dont give two shits...

12. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

They get good pressure on the QB with Burgess and Sapp, so Chad has to hold on to the ball.

13. jetsfanstuckinaz

jetsfanstuckinaz New Member

the jets will be 10-6 for 2007 end of story the raiders have nothing to play for and even if they did, their offense can't produce . . .

14. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

Go observation, even though they need a QB, I would think the Faiders will, if having the first pick in the draft, trade it for much needed help and pickup a QB later in the draft. The draft will be deep with talent.

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Injuries.
    That is it.

The Raiders are not a worthy adversary.

A good friend of mine is a Raiders fan. He loved the 2002 season. Said it was one of the best seasons in NFL history (which I agree with).

However, he now does not like the NFL. Also, he cancelled NFL Sunday Ticket a few years ago.

Gee, I wonder why. Might the 48-21 Super Bowl loss and subsequent 15-48 record have something to do with it? Yeah, maybe, uhhhhhhh, yeah, I guess so.

16. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

No matter what Jeaux says, their team and quarterbacks suck.

17. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

I'm surprised Jeaux has not arrived yet, for the first time all year he will be relevant, he's probably fact checking 40 times and weights in preparation.

18. duketogo

duketogo New Member

Should I be the one to play devil's advocate? Naaaah, Mangini will have this team ready.

19. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Unless it's pouring rain again, the offense will play better than they did tonight. Their offense is a joke. We should be fine.

20. sufibb

sufibb New Member

although a let down can be a concern

this team is just too good for that. their defense is decent but not nearly as great as miami's and their offense is actually more pathetic, if that is possible