Official Coaching Search Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ray Lucas, Oct 22, 2020.

?

Our Next Head Coach

Poll closed Nov 5, 2020.
  1. Eric Bieniemy

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. Arthur Smith

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Greg Roman

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. Jim Harbaugh

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. Joe Brady

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. Other (Please Explain)

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks, but this has already been shared in another thread or two where different HC candidates were discussed.

boozer32 likes this.
  3. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Good view, like was mentioned saw a few weeks ago. Good synopsis of the potential candidates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boozer32 likes this.
  4. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I don't care for Bienemy but now there's a 3rd rounder if one "develops" a minority candidate. This is definitely motivation to sign him. Weird times.

Longsuffering88 likes this.
  5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Huh?

6. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

This is a new thing--check it out on the news.

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'd blow a head gasket if we ever signed
    Bieniemy after wasting two premium 3rd round picks on him.

He's one of the most overrated candidates I've ever heard about and below I'll explain exactly how and why.

• Andy Reid is the one who built a winner before he even ever took over as OC in KC (2018).

Reid and KC 2013: 11-5.

Reid and KC 2014: 9-7.

Reid and KC 2015: 11-5.

Reid and KC 2016: 12-4.

Reid and KC 2017: 10-6.

During Reid's first 5 years in KC (before Bieniemy became OC) Reid and KC had a winning record of 53-27 (.662%).

By the time Bieniemy ever even became OC? The likes of Patrick Mahomes, Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce etc + a very good offensive line were already in place and set to go.

• Andy Reid is the real offensive guru and the true offensive minded coach who runs the show in KC and signing "Bieniemy" would become no different than teams trying to find their next Belichick DC with NE castoffs such as Al Groh (under Bill in Cleveland as LB coach), Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini or even offensive one's such as Bill O'Brien and Matt Patricia. Etc.

He's not a QB whisper like Andy Reid neither; he's a freaking former NFL RB and a glorified RB coach lol

2001-2002 RB coach for Colorado.

UCLA 2003-2005 RB coach.

2010 Vikings (RB coach).

2011-2012 OC for Colorado.

2013-2017 RB Coach for KC etc.

I don't want no damn Running Backs coach as my HC, I'm sorry but I just don't; especially not for Trevor Lawrence I don't.

And after drafting say Trevor 1A, Ronalde Moore WR (1B) and Najee Harris (2nd round) etc I'd much rather use our two 3rd round picks on two interior O-Lineman @ Center & LG in order to build an O-Line around both Trevor and Becton; before ever pissing away two 3rd's for a glorified RB coach under Andy Reid.

As OC of Colorado 2011-2012 (without the great KC offense already in place) how did Colorado rank on offense during those two years amongst the entire Nation?

Because I know they went 3-10 overall and 1-11 overall lol so I'm imagining their offenses @ Colorado couldn't have really been, any good.... Edit: I was correct.

2011 as Colorado's OC: 109th out of 120 teams in scoring offense lol (19.8 points per game) and 92nd out of 120 in offensive yards.

2012 as Colorado's OC: 120th out of 124 teams in scoring offense HAH! (17.8 points per game) and 119th out of 124 teams in offensive yards. wow.

This guy absolutely stunk!

It's simply amazing how good you can look with the likes of Mahomes, Hill, Watkins, Kelce and ANDY REID already set in place by the time he ever became "OC".

Please Bieniemy fans, please never talk to me about Jim Harbaugh and "Ohio State" ever again...

truthbtold and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Really?
    How is this actually a good thing for race relations at the end of the day?

9. twown

twown Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. K'OB

Do we just have a guess at what that might have been?
    ;)

11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

You realize that the team hiring the HC doesn’t give up any picks right? Probably should have done your research before writing this thesis.

The team developing the minority HC or FO does receive 2 3rd rd picks but they don’t come from the hiring team lmao.

Anyway this was a good post by the OP, PJ Fleck is moving way up my list.

boozer32 and IDFjet like this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Smith sounds intriguing as Bienemy may be lucky standing Reid shadow

Used to be high on Eric B but Titans guy has more solid individual effort...nice post Boozer

boozer32 likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

Without getting into a big political discussion, I think it's great for race relations. There's no denying that there have been few minority coaches or HCs in the NFL and still are compared with the percentage of minority players. There's no other reason to explain it except racism. For much of the NFL's history there were few black QBs at any level because they weren't given a chance because coaches and owners thought they were too dumb to play the position. What few there were in high school or college had to switch to other positions as they moved from one level to another because high school and college coaches knew they wouldn't be given a chance in the NFL. The same thing goes for coaches. It's ridiculous that there aren't more minority owners, HCs, coordinators, and coaches in the NFL. Things have improved markedly over the last decade, but there is still considerable room for improvement. Hopefully, no team is going to hire a minority coach or HC just to get the draft picks, but it will be an incentive if they're torn between a white coach and a minority coach to go with the minority coach. Still, if one coaching prospect is clearly better than others, I would think that the team would hire that prospect regardless of skin color. The thing is that the owner or GM or HC has to do an honest self check and ensure that they don't think a prospect is clearly better because that prospect has the same skin color as them (i.e., make sure that they aren't biased).

14. K'OB

My take is

If I am good enough, I am good enough but this is what I got wrong from the original post, I thought that the team hiring the coach would get a 3rd rounder for hiring a POC and to me that would say you're just bribing a team to take a POC on and to me that is just fucking awful for all concerned, will that guy wonder if he was selected for picks or talent?

I don't disbelieve that they are not given as much chance as 'white' people in coaching roles and that is very wrong, this Rooney rule is also just awful and a POC is just given a token interview as the team/owners have no other choice, how is this better for people?

The thing that gets me most about the racism part is... Nobody minds a great POC in their team and I would suspect that that demographic is a very high percentage but the chances of coaching are lower.

It is no different in Soccer over here, very few managers are POC but plenty of players are.

How it gets fixed is the big puzzle when in the NFL there are limited HC roles to go around to start with.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Guys, only the team developing the minority HC or FO gets 2 compensatory picks at end of 3rd rd in consecutive drafts. The team hiring the minority candidate does not lose or gain any picks.

I’ve seen this posted incorrectly in numerous posts.

Noam and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Without getting into a political discussion, let me voice my opinions that will open up the political discussion!

IDFjet likes this.
  17. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

My thought exactly lol

18. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

There's no point in arguing against a pc non-academic. He's going to call you racist in the next post.

19. NCJetsfan

I beg your pardon? I AM an academic, and the thought of calling him a racist had not even crossed my mind. If anything, you're the one with a problem.

Ralebird and Noam like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.