Official Coaching Search Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ray Lucas, Oct 22, 2020.

?

Our Next Head Coach

Poll closed Nov 5, 2020.
  1. Eric Bieniemy

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. Arthur Smith

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Greg Roman

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. Jim Harbaugh

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. Joe Brady

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. Other (Please Explain)

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

That offense was really good even with Alex Smith.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I don't care what side of the ball the HC is from just that he has CEO management type abilities where he can delegate to others, inspire his players and communicate well with everyone. The coach also needs to be connected and experienced enough to hire top level talent. Essentially the anti-Gase. Wink Martindale from the Ravens might be the leading CEO type candidate.

3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Out of these three, I'd go with Smith. He's getting a better version of Tannehill this yearyear, has worked on both sides, and didn't take the easy way to wealth by joining FedEx where his father could've given him a lucrative job.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Let's just hire another coordinator with no head coaching experience because that works so well for us.

Jim Harbaugh, Dabo Sweeney (Want to get Trevor Lawrence to enter the draft instead of ducking the Jets???), hell Eric Mangini is probably a better hire *for the Jets* at this point than a random coordinator likely to get blown out in his first HC job because the Jets are the Jets and NY is NY.

Brook! likes this.
  5. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Smith has done the most with the least and has turn Tannehill into an MVP. (My Top Pick)
    Roman has a great organization behind him and a talented roster, so how much is really him? Could he come to a disfunction organization like the Jets and succeed, probably not.
    Bieniemy has Andy Reed who is really running the office and scouting the talent as well as and Patrick Mahomes at QB. The Jets don't have Reed or the talent to help him in NY.

Brook! and Br4d like this.
  6. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

This might sound crazy but I would take Greg Roman and beg Rex Ryan to come back and coach the D and keep Boyer with Specials

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

they dislike each other. Rex fired Roman in Buffalo and threw him under the bus

I really think Roman would be a bad coach, especially here. He gets too much credit for Baltimore. Before that he was a failed coordinator in Buffalo and blew the super bowl for the 49ers. He is a good play designer for the running game. But he's not a good play caller or player developer.

just my opinion though

Brook! and cval like this.
  8. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Good thing about having #1 pick is you know who your going to pick & you can use this as a bargaining chip to get a good HC. What OC would not want to start off his HC career with Lawrence. I can see Greg Roman drooling over the idea after working with Jackson & Kapernick.

Ray Lucas likes this.
  9. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Spot on... this should be the overriding criteria for selecting the next HC. We need someone to manage the team not call plays on O or D, but manage the coordinators, communicate and make sure people are held accountable.

10. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

That article written by someone a few weeks ago about Arthur Smith has made him my number one choice. I recommend searching it out if you haven't seen it. Bienemy clearly gets talked about as the offense is good, which is likely all Reid and Mahomes, however Andy Reid has an excellent coaching tree, so he would be a good hire. He's been going for a HC job for the last 2 years and has struck out, so maybe he isn't right. I know Roman, but I don't know enough about him to have a huge opinion. As others have said, I'd be ok with any of these 3.

Ray Lucas likes this.
  11. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Swinney isn't leaving Clemson. He is under a 10 year 9mil per contract which he'll never leave.

12. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

You are correct sir, otherwise he would be my unquestioned first choice.

13. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Questions on a lot of these. This is why i hope Joe D takes charge as he can understand far more of the X+Os of the game than the owners.

The questions i have on smith is are you just doing well as defenses have to be totally honest as they have to stop the hammer in Henry. It simplifies every D as Henry just runs over people more than ive ever seen.

Eric B - more whats your ideas, are you a product or your own guy?

Roman - Are you just about the option? Cam you be successful doing anything else. The ravens O is totally off when you watch it compared to last year, the teams put up points but its not looking electric lile last year.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

That's what people said about Gruden not wanting to leave the ESPN booth in order to return to coaching. And then bam. It happened. The Raiders offered him a 10-year, $100 million contract; which he accepted.

15. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We interviewed Bieniemy last year if I remember right...Im for either Smith or Eric.Or the pipe dream of Hardbaugh.Eric Bieniemy scares me a little bit because how much of the offense doing well is based on Mahomes?I think Arthur Smith is a safer choice ...He helped save Ryan Tannehill something no one saw coming.

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Dabo would be awesome. No to Jim if he wants to be the GM too. That has never worked with the exception of may be BB. I rather take a chance on a hot college HC first, but I will pass on some re hashed ex NFL head coach like Gase or Mac Carthy. That has not worked for shit for a number of teams while a few coordinators are kicking ass in the NFL.

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Nor should he. Veterans wouldn't buy into his approach. He is as much about building character and Christian men as he is football.

LAJet likes this.
  18. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

He’ll no on Roman, don’t care for the other guy either. MAYBE EB, but it’s more due to success the other Andy Reid guys have had!

19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

No to all 3.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Who do you want if you don't like those three?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.