Jets let Bell go

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 13, 2020.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Like all egomaniacs, under the bluff and bluster is the stark terror that they're just not good enough, and if they don't get constant reinforcement from outside themselves, that self-knowledge will eat them up.

HomeoftheJets and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  2. DefenseWinsChampionships

Did Christopher Johnson really call Gase... WAYNE GRETZKY?!?!?

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He can want whatever he wants, but he won't get it. There are salary slots and a limit on how much he can get from any team.

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The good news is anytime I feel imposter syndrome, I just have to remind myself that Adam Gase is coaching an NFL team, and my imposter syndrome goes away just like that!

rammagen and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

I hope he goes to KC Chiefs and we'll see an All Pro RB again along with a REAL HC Andy Reid who knows how to use great athletes.

#225 DefenseWinsChampionships, Oct 14, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    Ill Will likes this.
  6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Le’Veon Bell currently plans to sign with one of three teams, per source: Dolphins, Chiefs, Bills. Barring change, Bell will decide among these teams as early as today. Steelers reunion unlikely at this point.

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) October 15, 2020

rammagen likes this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I want Bell to sign with KC because Reid will undoubtedly know exactly how to use him but man would I love for Bell to ram it up Gase's ass twice this season with the Dolphins.

Edit: Damnit, Bell can't play for anyone this week. Still though, the prospect of Bell running for a TD and catching another to send us to 0-11 in week 12 is enough to make me want him in Miami.

#227 BroadwayAaron, Oct 15, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  8. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Really dumb jets move again this early in season, Hand our division foes a gift! Truly unprecedented. Although we did it with woodhead. Not like we are in the division race, but just not smart business. Could have waited, till someone wanted to give a late round pick up, or till end of season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Well, there were some sources that said that they both met at JD's home and that could have been the turning point, idk. Their relationship goes back to Chicago Bears and they became close from that point on. That's fine and dandy, but that closeness can be bad as well as good for the good of a team. We're seeing the bad right now.

10. Swe-Jet

Swe-Jet Member

Maybe releasing Bell is somehow a positive sign.

I really hope Bell returns to hes old form when he played in the Steelers and is sucessful with whatever team he decides to sign with.
    This will make it even more obvious that it's not the players that are the problem for the Jets.
    So far Gase seem to follow the exact same blueprint as in Miami:
    Lose football games -> Trade/cut your best players (and see them be successful elsewhere) -> Get fired.

Only a spineless moron of an owner would stand by and watch this without taking in some kind of action. When you start to realise that good players don't want to play for your team, it's serious.
    If you don't, you have no business owning an NFL team.

BomberJet and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I hope he picks miami and wrecks us

12. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

All eyes are on Bell's immediate performance with his new team. If he does well, another bullet in the gun to fire Gase

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Except I'm beginning to think the gun could have an extended mag and it wouldn't be enough to suit the Johnson Clowns.:mad:

BomberJet likes this.
  14. Swe-Jet

Swe-Jet Member

The question is....

Will that be enough to make Chris Johnson realise what most Jets fans realised the minute Gase was hired?

Almost every Jet fan could figure out where this was going the minute Gase was hired.
    We can pretty much check all the boxes now.

How long it takes for CJ to figure this out will determine how clueless he really is.
    Let's just hope he is smart enough to realise he has no business in football operations and handles this over to the GM.

15. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

For sure bro--if he signs by Friday, can he suit up for Sunday? Oh the irony that would be.

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If Bell wrecks us, I'm going to go from being skeptical of Douglas to being not too far away from wanting him fired. I understand getting rid of Bell but to cut him without putting in a serious effort to get a pick back is the sort of thing a Gase puppet would do.

17. GasedAndConfused

no he can't due to covid protocol but we will play him week 13 then. also we play the chiefs week 8 if he signs there.
    Persoanlly if i'm bell I go to maimi, more money, more chance to showcase he still has it and earn a bigger deal next year. only reason to take KC is if he wants to try for a ring

IDFjet likes this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

he did try to. apparently been trying for a while. no team wanted to take on the guaranteed salary for 2021 with injury. if they sign him and he blows out a knee they are on the hook for a lot