Oh how SWEEP it is!

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by TampaBayJetsFan85, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

@DefenseWinsChampionships @TampaBayJetsFan85

The Yankees started Chad Green as the 'opener' who is a reliever to begin with. Fail.

Final: Yankees 13; Tampa 5. Fail II.

Man. Tropicana Field is a dreary fucking dump and what's more it always sounds like a Yankee home game.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Official attendance tuesday night: 5,786.

For a team battling for first place. When is this ridiculous franchise going to get relocated to Montreal?

4. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

And add to that that the only season in the last 14 that the Marlins haven't had the worst attendance in the NL was the year they opened Marlins Park (when they were a rousing 12th out of 16). It is so obvious that the only baseball that belongs in Florida is spring training baseball.

Dierking likes this.
  5. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I read somewhere you can get Rays season tickets with a 2 year subscription to Comcast.

6. Dierking

Rays actually had some fans in the stands today

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Quoted for truth!!
    Lowest payroll in all of baseball but yet heading into a game 5 against Houston coming off of back to back wins! This team has so fun to watch and has been magical with no quit and all out fight. We outlasted both Cleveland and Oakland for the W.C which seemed like a forever lasting playoff chase, eliminated Oakland on the road in a one game do or die situation and have since fought off elimination down 2-0 & 2-1 during our last two games vs. Houston. Rays win tonight and we become the first MLB team to ever win 4 elimination games during a single postseason. Win or lose tonight I'm super proud of these young players and more proud of our A+ front office who made multiple moves to compete against the best with a lack of $$$.

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

My TB Rays are the funnest baseball team to root for. 28th in payroll but yet won the AL East (7 games better than the billionaire Yankees), had the best record within the entire American League and the 2nd best record in all of baseball (only behind the LA Dodgers of the NL). Our pitching is awesome just beat the Jays and held them to only one run during game 1.

2020 Rays are deeper than our 2008 team that made but lost the World Series.

9. Dierking

They worked the Yankees like fucking mules this season. Maybe the neutral site will even things up some. Gotta give probs, that's a damn good team.

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yes but the Yankees weren't at full strength and have been injured throughout the year. The Yankees @ full strength are the team that scares the Rays fan in me to death. Should become a nail biting series. Yankees bats scare me.

11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Okay. How are you a Rays fan and Jets fan at the same time? Explain to me geographically? :) Born in New York Metro area and moved down to Florida?

For a Newyorker, it is easier to be a Yankees fan than a Jets fan :)

12. Dierking

Rooting for the Devil Rays is like being a member of a super exclusive club. There's only a few dozen of them anywhere at any given time.

Brook! likes this.
  13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yankees bats are for real.

#113 DefenseWinsChampionships, Oct 5, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  14. Dierking

Rays got some lumber too

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yes we do we've already launched 12 HR's throughout our first 5 postseason games (most in Franchise history). I'm shocked because I'm used to us always having elite pitching and an excellent defense while featuring a sluggish offensive lineup. This year has been different and TB finally has a powerful offensive lineup and it's been a breath of fresh air especially this Randy Arozarena kid he's becoming a Cuban superstar slugger over night.

2-1 series lead. We must close it out tonight in order to advance because if not, facing Cole during a game 5 win or go home would not be good for a young Rays team.

No fans in attendance has been a huge advantage for TB this year because we always struggle with fan attendance. We always win with an empty home stadium but now? Other teams who rely on home field advantage no longer have it. The Rays? We never have home field advantage so now it's evened out no fans = Rays advantage (imo).

16. Dierking

Ha, I was all set to crack on you about the unfair advantage playing in front of nobody gives the Rays if they win. Now you've ruined it.

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yes. It's a letdown to the players when our team is 10-20 games above .500 and an empty stadium of us fans due to our community having to support our families and not the team (however our TV ratings are always through the roof crazed fans who can't afford to sell out our stadium due to St. Pete being a small city). Now? Teams like the Yankees and everyone else has to block out the distraction of no fans because these Rays have been used to weird settings catwalk and all).

With that said

If this Rays team goes on to beat the Yankees before winning the 2020 World Series? A year we'll never forget, could write a movie about it. The 2nd lowest payroll in all of baseball goes on to become 1x WS Champions (22 long years later)

was so bad early on the community demanded we took the word DEVIL out of our Rays name lol

man I'm super pumped for tonight's game. 2008 was amazing I was 23 at the time for the time of our Rays lives despite losing to Philly in WS and here we are 12 years later and I'm 35 and feeling 20 again all because a 2-1 series lead over the legendary Yankees. Give this Rays team one of either Stanton or Judge and forget about it.

Still a long ways to go but if we can overcome this Yankees lineup full of dangerous hitters I feel neither of Oakland or Houston has a chance. If not for Cole dominating us last year those Astros had no chance against us.

If Rays can pull it off and eliminate this Yankees squad believe that we'll see a Rays vs. Dodgers world series.

I love playing in the AL East with yearly favorites in Yankees/Boston. During the down seasons it's hopeless seasons. But years like 1998 and 2020 (hopefully) make the wait worthwhile.

I wish our Jets had a FRONT OFFICE and scouting dept like this poor and underdog Rays franchise smh

#117 DefenseWinsChampionships, Oct 8, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  18. Dierking

Just beat the fucking Astros and all is forgiven Phil E Stax

19. DefenseWinsChampionships

Having problems with these Yankees tonight 2-1 Yankees and as I'm typing a 2 run HR Yankees 4-1.

Looks like a game 5 in the books. Cole. Damnit man. We're in trouble. 16th st won't be celebrating tonight. Tonight had to of been the night because now if not...

An A+ NYY ACE in Cole? And behind this slugging Yankees sluggers full of bats? This is what I feared most heading into this series. A healthy Yankee lineup is deadly. Cole is deadly. Game 5 is a scary thought thru the eyes of Rays faithful.

Think about it. During a do or die game 5? What fan would want to see opposite a Cole + Yankees lineup? Not me. I had a bad feeling it was tonight, or come game 5 good night on this memorable 2020 season.

Won an AL East for a banner but only 9 outs away from a game 5 vs. our most feared pitcher in Cole. He whoops us.

20. Dierking

Pump the breaks kid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.