FOLKS - its time to hang up the same ole jets....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jilozzo, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

It's funny, GM, that you say compare stats and use two safeties for the comparison of stats. Yet, when comparing Jason Taylor to a Jet player, you compare him to a Jets' linebacker, a position that is obviously going to have more tackles than a defensive end would.

Taylor has 53 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 INTs, 2 defensive touchdowns, and 9 forced fumbles. Arguably the best season of his career thus far.

Not taking anything away from Thomas at all, and not really sure why he was even brought up.

But I'm afraid of Taylor vs. Ferguson. Yeah, we got history in our favor with Taylor being a little bitch against us and getting embarrassed by us, but Ferguson is still a rookie and had an extremely bad game against Buffalo just two weeks ago.

Not to say I think that Taylor is going to destroy him and cause a serious problem. Not at all. I'm thinking that Ferguson will be able to contain him, or at least hoping so. But you can't just disregard Taylor completely.

As much as I despise Taylor, the way he plays, his attitude, his personality, everything, I have to give him credit. I still don't respect him because of my hatred, but his abilities can easily disrupt an entire offense if Ferguson can't contain him.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

If you did not see the NE/Mia game 2 weeks ago Taylor totally disrupted the Pats all by his lonesome self

3. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

I know he did. He scares me a lot. A very good player, probably one of the best defensive ends today.

But I have a confidence in Ferguson. We just can't assume failure because he is a rookie going up against a dominating defensive end.

And champ, as much as I like a lot of your posts, some for quality some for unintentional humour, I completely disagree with you on Oakland being any sort of threat at all. They have, like 3rdand15draw said, arguably one of the worst offenses in NFL history. As inconsistent and spotty as our D has been this year, it is impossible to let Oakland take advantage of you.

Cincinnati has one of the worst D's, yet held them to 10 points, 7 of which came in the final 5 minutes when Cincy was leading by 24 points.

St. Louis, another crappy NFC team, shut them out. Seattle, a team that reeks of mediocrity, shut them out.

Again, like 3rdand15draw said, if the Jets lose to Oakland, the stadium should be demolished after the game.

I'm not an advocater of just overlooking teams and saying, "They suck, guaranteed win." But the Raiders are my only exception.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

proven wrong? On multiple occassions you have said you missed games. I think one of the games was the Miami game this year. You have never proven me wrong about anything.

5. championjets69

My concern is the Raiders like Taylor can bring pressure & you know that CP handles pressure not so very well. Now whatever Schobel found vs Brick is out there on tape for Taylor & others to see & take advantage of. Probably Minny saw it as well but did not have the players to use the info. For sure Mia & Oak does. That is why I also say if we make the POs & in round 1 our worst matchup IMHO will be Balt as they can rush the passer also.

6. championjets69

That is you HO so stick to it. Most on this board know otherwise though. Have you everbeen to my house to monitor my watching habits? If that answer is no they how can you state what I watch & not watch. I think you are trolling here & you should retract your allegation unless you have real FACTs to back it up

#186 championjets69, Dec 23, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2006
  7. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Absolutely, they can use game tape, especially against Buffalo & Schoebel, to try and exploit Ferguson.

But game-tape is a two-way street. It's not like Taylor has overpowered every single offense has played this year. Maybe he was playing nicked up then, maybe not. Either way, it is still something Ferguson and the Jets can use against him.

And yeah, I know Pennington can fold completely under pressure. Still, you have to like your chances against Oakland. Seneca Wallace was able to get 16 points against their defense with Maurice Morris as his leading back. We can get by with Pennington and Washington/Barlow.

And as far as playoffs, I'm not talking about them until they happen because can all too easily not happen this year.

8. championjets69

Yes I agree tape is a 2 way street but after watching Taylor & Fergy & knowing how Penny folds up I aam concerned that Taylor will make better use of the tape then us especially the way he destroyed genius Belly plans for him. Ok on the POs. I spent most of my life around exit 117 living in Hazlet, Matawan, Holmdel & Marlboro so I am familiar with your area. Both my kids are grads of Matawan High

9. nyjunc

Don't you ever learn? You are like Rafael Palmiero, thinking if you deny vehemently people will believe you.

It was the Pats game not the Dolphins game and here is your quote:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=14309&page=9&highlight=Champ

You are pushing me Champ, I break out the BIHW stuff soon if you like.

10. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

That's pretty sweet. I'm in Union Beach and lived in Keyport for the first year of my life.

11. GreenMachine

Exit, Thomas and Taylor have both been playing a hybrid LB/DE postion this year. Watch the game Monday, and you will see them both line up as WSLB and in a 3 point stance. Taylor has credited his pro bowl year to this flexibility he gets.

12. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

My mistake then.

Either way, tackles are not the only way to judge a player. Thomas has been VERY good. Taylor has been dominant.

13. championjets69

Sure I was out of the COUNTRY & certain people knew it. Again unless you have proof like being at my house & monitoring my watching habits you have no choice but to retract your incorrect statement as you have not the foggiest idea what I watch or not watch. You are just trolling here so it is time for you finally to stop your allegations about me unless you have PROOF to back them up

14. GreenMachine

Champ calling nyjunc a troll?? HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Merry Christmas everyone!

15. championjets69

There used to be a BBQ joint we went to in Union Beach called Memphis Pigout. Ever hear of it & do you know if it is still there?

16. championjets69

Yep & as a mod you should be taking action to stop false allegations that one poster makes against another including yourself

17. GreenMachine

False allegations? Like calling someone a troll?:up:

18. championjets69

Yep when they are false or incorrect allegations R theynoot trolling like you saying I am really a Pats fan or something like that?

19. GreenMachine

champ, this is not a court of law. If he wants to call you a Pats fan, does that really hurt you? Maybe you should seek out a lawyer to bring a defamation of charector suit against him.

You always preach to others about "maturity". Well, maybe it is about time you looked in the mirror. Time to get thicker skin, champ. You call over 120 posters here "SLW". Real mature. The even stranger thing is you keep a spreadsheet of all the posters who you dislike. That is truly bizzare.

Just because someone disagrees with you, does not make him/her a troll. You would think a man of your age would have alittle more wisdom than that.

20. nyjunc

You asked for proof and I gave it to you, what more do yuo want?