FOLKS - its time to hang up the same ole jets....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jilozzo, Dec 20, 2006.

1. GreenMachine

Answer the question champ. You never answer the question. Pretend for once that you know what you are talking about and answer the question.

Who is having the better season?

Player A: 71 Tackles, 4 Sacks, 4 INTS, 3 Forced Fumbles, 13 Passes Defended

or

Player B: 49 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 INTS, 0 Forced Fumbles, 4 Passes def
    ended

2. Brian McFan

Brian McFan Member

That Heidi game was a long time ago. No such miracles for these Raiders. Besides, they've packed in their season weeks ago. Top that off with a 3000 mile flight to play on New Year's Eve, and you can fugedaboutit!

This game is IT!

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

1st of all thanks to DirecTV I get to see many more players then you do so I am able to make far better judgements of matchups then you may be able to since you see far less games then I do it appears. I have this argument all the time with my son who plays FF where stats are supposely very important. As time has gone by & he matures he has begun to understand what I am saying & now does not care of stats at all since he understand from game to game they mean zero. Maybe some day the lite bulb will go on in your brain also & you will then become asset to this forum

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Weren't you just telling me stats were uselsss and now you are using Schobel's stats? if you can sue Schobel's first game stats then why not Taylor's?
    Taylor had 4 tackles and a sack against us but his sakc wasn't really a sack, Chad actually gained half a yard but they ruled it a sack. In the official PBP it says penniongtons acked by Talyr(0 yards).

The AFC east was a very tough division when marino played in it. In his early years he had good Jets and Pats teams to contend w/, in his middle years he had the Bills and every so often Jets/Pats or Colts, in his later years he had the Jets, Pats and Colts to deal w/. The div was always tough, he was never surrounded w/ great talent. he dragged average teams to the playoffs every year.

5. nyjunc

You don't even watch every Jet game, you are telling me you are watching everyother game???? I can't se every game b/c I go to all our home games but I see the Sunday Ticket every week at my Brother's when the Jets are on the road.

Be careful w/ your last stement, I can have you banished immediately so don't start w/ nonsense like that.

6. championjets69

Player A I would say. Did you factor in what records the players you mentioned have played. Did you factor in who they played agains (say J. Ogden) get my gist now?

7. championjets69

I said Schobel in game 1 was quiet & by game 2 had found Brick weakness & exploded is that one correct?

8. GreenMachine

Player A is Kerry Rhodes
    Player B is john Lynch

Go ahead and try to say Lynch has had the better season.

9. nyjunc

You meant quiet but you wrote quite.

10. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm sorry, but this is simply untrue in today's NFL. I know you're a statistician kind of guy and love the stats and there's nothing wrong with that, but for God's sake stop disillusioning yourself as to their worth in predicting the outcome of a future game (other than stats from a most recently played game).

Year-after-year "trends" would have us believe that the Chargers or the Saints are pushovers while the Raiders and the Redskins are a force to be reckoned with. Trends are most valuable and predictable when constants are present.. oil prices, the bond market, etc.

But NFL teams are in such a state of flux, especially today, that you might as well use last year's performances as toilet paper. The only thing that's constant is change. Coaching, players, injuries, draft acquisitions all make it so nothing is predictable unless, as I say, you're willing to look at a game played several weeks ago and nothing has changed in terms of injuries, etc. But even that would be rare.

Even the Jets are a different than they were before the Bye. So are the Bills, for example.

11. championjets69

So KR had a better season what is the point that he was snubbed for the Pro Bowl & JL is going. Maybe they thought that Den played stronger teams so while JL stats are not as strong as KR he in THO was the better player & more deserving to be a all star then KR. Take your complain to Goodall

12. championjets69

Yes I meant quiet which is what Iposted earlier

13. nyjunc

I am not all about stats, I use them in various ways but I am not 100% using stats to make judgements, it's only part of the way i form opinions. This NFL season is no different than any other in recent memory, there are always surprising and disappointing teams. teams get better as the season goes on and they get worse. W/o question both of these teams are alot better today than they were for our first meeting. i never said we were shutting Taylor down, I never said we are guaranteed to win. I pointed out trends, isn't it odd that every prime time game we play aaginst them we win? isn't it odd that Chad is 5-1 against them and has played very well? Some teams match up well w/ others. Even when we were injury ravaged last year we nearly beat Miami. We match up well w/ this team, we still may lose on monday but that doesn't change the facts.

14. GreenMachine

What the f***? How the hell did you spin that one? I compared 2 safeties with stats to prove some stats do indicate the quality of a persons season. If you really think that Lynch has had a better season than Rhodes, you truly know absolutely nothing about football.

Oh, let me guess you watched all the Denver games on DTV?

15. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

"The facts" are worthless. Chad is 5-1 against them. This is a fact. It's also a worthless fact this coming Sunday night because the stats go back too far for any meaningful comparison to Sunday's matchup. If you want to talk statistics from the last game, that's great, but to extrapolate that we have a better chance of winning on Sunday because we're 5-1 against them is assinine (if that's what you're saying).

That "trend" is meaningless. What is not meaningless is what both teams have been doing against similar opponents, or current injuries or even weather conditions, but certainly not statistics from 3-4 years ago.

16. championjets69

Yes I have 2 converters so I do see parts or all of many of the games since also where I live we get 3 games pumped in on regular TV so I really have a opportunity to see players by just pushing buttons.

17. championjets69

H'mm they beat Chic & we lost right? Earlier in the year they lost to Hout & we beat them. We both lost to Jax. We both split with the Bills & Pats. Any other common foes this year? Mia already announced that Lemon will start vs Indy

18. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Same old Jet fans.

19. GreenMachine

Well, champ. i have the superfan package and watch 6 games on 1 screen. and i can assure you Rhodes is 5 times better than Lynch this year.

20. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

Thats one of the only things you said in your post that I actually understand. And it holds no merit. You can make the case maybe through, and I'm being optimistic here, half a season AT MOST that the offenses played are that different where the stats could vary that greatly. But 14 games? Come on champ, you know by then the games played will kinda even themselves out with each other.

And please, what the hell does THO mean? The Holy Omellete? The Hatless Official? This Heckled Ostrich? I'm dying to know.