FOLKS - its time to hang up the same ole jets....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jilozzo, Dec 20, 2006.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

See you do not take into account scheme changers from this game to this. Major improvements by Jason. As I posted here to others in the NE/Mia game he was a 1 man wrecking machine & this was vs Belly!

2. championjets69

Those JTs are not the 06 edition of JT. THose games have zero to do with this game. Was Brick the LT in any of those games you mentioned?

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I think you're wrong, but there's no sense arguing it now since the dispute can't be resolved until we actually know what the ratings are (were).

All I know is, most people settle down on Christmas night and want to mellow out on the couch after being up early with the kids. A lot of them have the next day off from work too, so why not watch an NFL divisional rivalry? I think this game will equal playoff games in ratings.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Nope but from 'the 2nd game of '02 through the first game last year Taylor had 2 1/2 sacks. That's 6 games against jason Fabini and only 2 1/2 sacks, less than a sack every 2 games.

5. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Steroids?:finssuck:

6. nyjunc

We'll see, priome tim games just don't generate ratings anymore and w/ the game being on Christman Night I don't think they will especially when only 1 of the 2 teams is a pl;ayoff contender. if the Jets and Miami were 11-3 and 10-4 then i think ratings might be pretty good but i'll be surprised if they are good this Monday.

7. championjets69

If you want to delude yourself from that something that happen in 02 will carry over to a game in 06 when our guy is no longer even on the team be my guest. To me more revelant would be to discuss JT vs our present LT or how CP will react IF Mia acheives there goal & pressures Penny into INT & fumbles & mistakes

8. Section 227. Row 5

If the game were earlier, I'd agree with you. Most housewives wouldn't sit still for their husbands watching a freakin' football game in the middle of all the holiday activity. But when the day is done, he gets to do what he wants... and that's have a few beers and watch the NFL.

9. nyjunc

Why do we keep records? I guess Chad can throw for 500 yds this week and leon will run for 175. neither has ever done it but history mneans nothing, right?

10. Section 227. Row 5

I agree. "What have you done for me lately" applies (translation: how are you playing right now) and the only relevent statistics are the most recent ones.

11. ShadeTree#55

Lets look at the facts.

1)There will probably be as many Jet fans there as Dolphin fans, if not more.

2)The Fins season is over, and their top RB is banged up.

3) We have owned the Dolphins for quite some time, pretty much the whole Taylor - Thomas error.

4) We rule, they drool.

12. championjets69

Yes more or less that is correct since from week to week you are playing a different team with different player matchups so the stats have no revelance except for punting & FG stats cause they can be carried over from game to game. Fans like you that attempt to analyze games via stats instead of saying MAYBE we will have a problem if Penny get pressure or you wonder if Brick would be able to hold back a speed rusher like JT this time around is far more revelant then what happen in 02 between JT & JF.

13. GreenMachine

Bryan Thomas has more tackles than JT.

Discuss

14. Section 227. Row 5

The NFL keeps records because it would be egregious not to, but they certainly don't keep records as any predictor of what future performance will be.

You might have an argument if you're looking at the W-L record of Jimmy Connors vs. Evan Lendl at Wimbleton and using it to try to predict the outcome of another matchup.

But this is a team sport, with many participants who constantly come and go. Unless you are comparing two teams who played one another VERY recently (I'm talking this season and going back no further), then you may have a legitimate comparison. Other than that, it's sheer folly to think that team records or even individual records from 5 years ago means anything at all.

15. ShadeTree#55

This season we beat them. Case closed.

16. championjets69

So what does that mean? I guess you like NY JUmc analyze games by looking at stats. You would be far better off to watch there play cause then you get a much better idea of there ability

17. nyjunc

i am not saying anything is guaranteed but when you see trends year after year after year you can get a feel as to what might happen. Taylor might get 5 sacks against us, he might get zero- no one knows but i think we have a good idea what to expect from him.

18. nyjunc

What do yuo use to evaluate games? Since you are never right maybe you might want to take a stab at something new?

19. GreenMachine

Stats are very important. Come on now. Yes, there are useless stats. But, some stats do indicate the type of season a player is having.

Ready?

Who is having the better season?

Player A: 71 Tackles, 4 Sacks, 4 INTS, 3 Forced Fumbles, 13 Passes Defended

or

Player B: 49 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 INTS, 0 Forced Fumbles, 4 Passes defended

I will reveal the players names after you answer.

20. championjets69

See you & Junc completely miss the point since far more important is how does a player match up vs another. Now take Schobel he has a quite game in game 1 & exploded in game 2 that is more revelant then some stat you may find that says that Brick was better then Schobel.

Some day analyze pretty Danny boys stats & you will see when he was playing the AFCE was a bunch a lambs so he was able to make unbelievable stats in total. NOW take out his stats against losing teams & use only winning or 500 teams & you will see a remarkable difference. Going further take a look at his W-L in the POs