FOLKS - its time to hang up the same ole jets....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jilozzo, Dec 20, 2006.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Yeah but they got back in the race and had they won last week they'd be a game out of a playoff spot. They were officially eliminated and it is very hard to get up for a game a week later. I will be very impressed w/ the dolphins if they play a great game.

2. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Its not the same old Jets, its the same tired old Jet fans. Losers like Joe Benigno.

3. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

If the Jets fans' attitude reflected what a season record would be I'd say we'd be about 2-14 right about now.

4. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Thanks!

TBTF

5. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Oh snap!

TBTF

6. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Hahahah! If we went by champs standards then we'd all be in huge trouble.

7. Allentown Ernie

Man, so much darksider crap I can hardly believe it, Chad gets ripped for every bad game he ever had. This team has performed better than most everybody would have predicted. I am so pumped for the game I am almost forgetting about Christmas, " just kidding", So, Have a Merry Christmas everybody and lets all get a Jet win from Santa Christmas day. Allentown ernie.

8. GreenMachine

See...You "claim" to have FB knowledge, but you dismiss a game that happened this year.

JT was not "nicked up" in the game vs. the Jets.

He had 4 tackles vs. the Jets and 1 sack
    He had 4 tackles vs Buff

Yea...moments...:up:

Admit it JT was handled by Brick...And BTW the sack occured when JT lined up on the right side of the Jets line..:wink:

9. youraveragejoe29

youraveragejoe29 New Member

i definitely agree and im looking at the game in the same exact way. its time to step up and play in a must win game and come out on top, and this team has not had that opportunity yet which makes it so exciting. we know chad is our team, and the one thing that scares me is taylor and that pass rush pressuring chad early and often, so this is definitely a huge test for the line. however, i think it could be pretty tough to "throw chad off his game." think about last week, first possession, fumble and that resulted in a td pass. down 7-0 from the start. what did he do? got right back to the gameplan and took the jets down the field to tie up the game. from there its history and the jets are where they are. yea the feelings there and no one wants to be let down, but i have faith in the jets.

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Minnesota bought tons of Pressure early, and arguably has a better secondary (Sharper,Smoot,Winfield) than either of the two teams we still have left.......

11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Ah but Minny did not have a Sapp or Taylor both having wonderful seasons

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

EJ Henderson looked better than Taylor. But realistically, my point is, last weeks game plan, by virtue of circumstance dovetails perfectly with this game.

13. championjets69

Yes BUT that was LAST week. I think BP once said I enjoy the win for like 5 minutes then I have to begin again thinking of the team we play next week

14. nyjunc

I'm not worried about Sapp, we do well against good Dts it's the speed rushers we've had problems w/ so I am more worried about taylor although we did a good job on him in the 1st game.

15. championjets69

Yes but Miami may have changed there schemes between that game & this one. I do not know if you saw the Mia/NE game 2 weeks ago but Jason was a 1 man wrecking machine. He single handily won that game for Mia

16. nyjunc

I said Taylor worries me but I feel alot better about this game today than I did a week ago. It's very difficult for a team to to get up for a game the week after being eliminated from playoff contention. The bad news is jason is at his best when games are meaningless so that does worry me.

17. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I watched enough of the highlight film to see how much of a raving maniac he was... scared the sh*t out of me, in fact.

But it's not only what he does individually, it's how fired up he gets the rest of the DEF. We've got our hands full, especially since these guys have nothing to lose and Taylor will be in his, "Watch me, entire United States viewing audience, and see how f*cking great I am!" Mode.

18. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

And he will be our bitch just like 90% of the time we play them.

We made the man cry.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I disagree in this case. The TV ratings for this game will be off the charts. "Prime Time" doesn't even begin to describe the viewership. Showoffs like Taylor, already going to the Pro Bowl, will want to show the country why he was selected. The guy will be over-the-top fanatical.

But Penny is quoted in the Ledger this morning as saying, "We have to know where Taylor and Zach Thomas are at all times," so he's on top of it.

20. nyjunc

I don't think this is a must see game and alot of people will be celebrating Christmas so i don't think we'll be seeing great ratings for the game.

he's always over the top fanatical so a night game won't change him. since Taylor's arrival in '97 we have played Miami in primetime 5 times and beaten them every time('98 SNF, '99 MNF, '00 MNF, '02 SNF, '04 MNF).