Could Justin mccariens be the x factor

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JUNJOBX2199, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Welcome to J-Ville

Welcome to J-Ville New Member

I think this going into every single jets game.... will this finally be the game??? :finssuck:

2. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I just pray with all my heart that he doesn't drop a duck right into his hands at a key moment in the game that results in a major momentum shift.

3. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

Justin McCareins on catching ability alone isnt in keyshawn league.. hate the guy all you want but keyshawn has fabulous hands he makes some very tough catchs.McCareins is a bum one game vs the viking pass d isnt gonna change that.

4. InChadWeTrust

InChadWeTrust New Member

Yeah I really don't see it. I really am so bummed out about this trade giving up what was a second round pick for the guy. I understood why we did it and it seemed right at the time, but for anyone that wonders why trading a second rounder for Jmac was a bad trade just look to Cotch and what round he was.

5. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Kevin McReynolds produced. JMac drops passes, doesn't make an effort to get back to the ball and gives up on plays.

6. rillo

rillo New Member

its true.....and i hate keyshawn :finssuck:

7. youraveragejoe29

youraveragejoe29 New Member

i do agree that with the emergence of cotchery, mccareins doesnt have much of a place on the team anymore. coles is the playmaker, the run and catch guy, and cotcherys developing into a possession reciever, reliable on third downs. i would like for either smith to develop as a reciever and take the third string spot, or maybe go for another speed guy, like a santana moss but not quite on his level. but as for this season, i think other teams are looking past mccareins, and thats why the jets have been giving him some deep ball opportunities. as i said in another thread, i expect more deep ones to him, especially at the start of the game to try and get things rolling.

8. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

The only X associated with McCariens should be the big X on his jersey to remind chad NOT to throw to him

9. Jerome 84

Jerome 84 New Member

You guys are all forgetting how in that S.D. playoff game McCariens was pretty much our entire offense. Obviously he's underperformed this year, but he has contributed pretty significantly since coming here.

10. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

McCareins has value in that he is a good deep threat because he is tall and fast. But you have to basically put the ball right in his hands for things to go well with him. Adjustments, staying in bounds, and defending badly thrown passes are not his specialties. The Jets have done a good job of stretching the field this season, whether the passes connect or not. But they could do better than McCareins.

11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Go back and look at the tapes of the Ray Lucas season.

Keyshawn did nothing but make incredible catches.

12. Section109Row15

Is it just me or has it seemed like 4-5 times this year passes intended for McCairens got intercepted. That is a lot considering he doesn't get many balls thrown his way. He seems to completly give up if the throw is not right to him, he seems to wait for the ball instead of attacking it like Coles and Cotchery. It may also be poor route running. Either way he has been a major dissapointment.

13. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I really think McCareins is gone next year. We'll be looking for a serious deep-threat, speed-burner rookie (or two) in the draft for Clemens' arm. Tim Dwight, while I like him (and hope he comes back 100% from his injury), isn't getting younger and neither is Coles. Cotchery and Smith are talented but we still need the deep, fast guy to spread the DEFs. In the time it takes for Clemens to mature and take over, the new guys will be ready to break out.

14. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Justin was a quality receiver on the Titans. I was very impressed with his play there. When he came to NY I was fairly certain we had made a HUGE move... But alas, it has definitely not turned out that way. He is coming on strong though and maybe, just maybe he will be vindicated....

Lets hope.. If he could get it together, JC, LC and JM could be a mean bunch..

15. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Oh yes, I agree. With the coverage on LC (and now JC), JM has a great window to work with. Throw in Baker and Washington as a check-down and Miami's DEF will have their hands full.

16. rillo

rillo New Member

I think Leon should have a good game....miami tends to struggle with short speed backs.....pound it in the middle wit houston.....the switch up wit leon to break a big one.....not to mention the passing game :finssuck: