Could Justin mccariens be the x factor

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JUNJOBX2199, Dec 20, 2006.

1. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Justin mccareins came to the jets and was touted as the next keyshaun in that he was a bigger receiver. He had some good games but tapered off last year and all this year ,but as of late he's come up with some big catches to set up touch down's . Could he be revving up for our playoff push and really contribute. I think he can. I watched a couple of clips during his Tenn. days and he was catching everything they threw at him. A couple were sideline patterns that he had defenders beat by two or three steps. Id likes to see someone step up besides our two main receivers. (Not saying the other offensive guy's don?t contribute) You know what I mean.:up: :finssuck:

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I don't ever remember anyone touting McCareins as the next Keyshawn, but be that as it may, I've followed McCareins very closely since he got here and I have to say I'm disappointed.

Not much separation, not much in the way of speed-burst either. In last Sunday's game, when he did get the separation he needed, he wasn't up to the speed to catch it (Penny did sail it a little longer than he should have though). But he's always seemed to underachieve since he's been here.

If I already had Coles and Cotchery on the field and were looking for a 3rd WR, I'd probably send in Brad Smith instead... just my thinking. In fact, I think he may be gone next year, even despite signing up for ST, which I think he did because he realizes this too.

3. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Everytime McCareins is on the field it looks like he doesn't give a $hit. I hope that he will be shown the door this offseason.

If he can contribute down the stretch great, but a few catches here and there shouldn't keep him on this team.

#3 BlairThomas#1, Dec 20, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  4. rillo

rillo New Member

McCareins the Next Keyshawn?......Who said that?

#4 rillo, Dec 20, 2006
  5. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

he's had some big catches lately, still a bad trade

6. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

The guy isn't a horrible player, but he's not the kind of guy we need right now. Cotchery is basically like a Pro Bowl version of McCareins. He just doesn't ft in with the rest. I'd like to see more of Smith and Dwight. Then maybe we can draft some speedy guy in the 3rd or 4th round or somthing...

7. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

He was referred to in a comparison because of his size.Thats why my post say's in term of his size. I’m not starting a grass roots effort to keep this guy, but his big catches of late may be an indication of more play's that he's involved with and maybe; yes redemption in a small sense of the word. Read the post before we try to pick it all apart . If I can remember the post it said something like "We haven’t had a tall receiver of his size since keyshawn" and there were others who compared his size to keyshawn. Id like to see the guy do well and he just might !

#7 JUNJOBX2199, Dec 20, 2006
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Perhaps Shotts drew up a game plan that includes more JMac. It would be something we haven't seen so far this year and just might be quite a surprise to the Fins..

9. Section 227. Row 5

I think you're somewhat mistaken and your opinion is jaded by some uninformed former post.

I have Justin McCareins' autograph on my infamous Jets TC Autograph Ball and I stood in front of The Netherlands next to and talking to Justin McCareins as he signed the ball. Whatever you've heard or whatever you've read, Justin McCareins isn't much taller than I am, which is 6'-0". He's a very nice person and gives autographs to just about every kid and Jets fan he comes in contact with, but he does not have the physique that Keyshawn Johnson has.

10. GreenScreen313

GreenScreen313 New Member

build up his numbers so we can get a good draft pick for him ;-)

11. Section 227. Row 5

Change the title of this thread to, "Could Brad Smith be the X Factor?" and now we're talkin', baby!

12. rillo

rillo New Member

yeah boy!....Schot should try HB pass w/ him @ least one time.....just once....plz

13. Section 227. Row 5

I agree. It's that time of year where we need to bring out everything from our bag of tricks. Brad Smith is the guy.

Bring out the repertoire.

14. rillo

rillo New Member

especially wit the phins defense....alot of time they over persue :finssuck:

15. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

So did Kevin McReynolds when he played for the Mets.. Some guys just have that way of being, even though it's not true.. they do care.

16. Gator

Gator Active Member

I don't think the Parcells-Belichick-Mangini model includes a ST sign-up sheet........like something they post in the hall. I think it's more like they order you to do it. It's a dictatorship.

17. Section 227. Row 5

My understanding was that Justin McCareins volunteered for ST... I thought I had read that and I even think I saw some cable commentary by Mangini about him having "volunteered" for Special Teams. But please do correct me if I'm wrong.

18. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Actually, you're weong. McCareins VOLUNTEERED for ST duty.

19. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

Schott has been waiting all year to unleash the Brad Smith halfback option pass, I think it is coming Monday night.

20. Gator

Gator Active Member

Well, there ya go. I am wrong.