FOLKS - its time to hang up the same ole jets....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jilozzo, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This is quite possible.

I'm not sure just one game will decide Penny's fate, but if ever there will be one deciding game for Pennington, it's very possibly going to be this one. And let's not forget Mangini is a Parcells disciple. Parcells has always preached, "I don't care how well he plays in his back yard. I want to see him under the lights." In other words, put the pressure on and let's see how he performs. Chad may not get the chance again after this one. He needs to have a long talk with himself and get control of whatever it is that causes him to lose composure.

2. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

The SOJ concept will always be in my mind until we get to another SB.

TBTF

3. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

What is Penny's record against the Fish?

TBTF

4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Eactly I see this game as his "audition" for being our QB next year or forward. Supposely Man goes with the guy who can win for me ala BP with Romo so if CP stinks up the field in this game then he has no choice but look elsewhere. Who would have thunk this when TC started that this game would be a deciding factor in CPs future?

5. GreenMachine

In 7 games vs. Miami;

• 95.8 QB rating
    • 1117 yards
    • 8 TDS
    • 2 INTS

I think Chad is 5-2 vs Miami

6. Section 227. Row 5

Interesting, isn't it? And it's well-worth noting that Parcells brought in Romo (and successfully, or so it appears so far), so his "under the lights" crap isn't all bluster. And my point is, this is not going unnoticed by Mangini.

Truthfully, I hope Chad finds whatever he needs to confront within himself before Monday night and gets it handled. If he watches some of his previous Firedrills he'll notice that things didn't have to get as ugly as they got... that things only got worse after he wound up making them worse (i.e., not protecting the ball, deciding to throw at the last minute, hearing footsteps and throwing to the shoelaces or 12' in the air, etc.). Jesus... a lot of this was SO unnecessary. Doesn't our QB coach ever take the bull by the horns and sit him down and show him the films? He really needs to understand that he beats HIMSELF when the pressure is on. Every QB gets pressured. The really good ones deal with it (get rid of it, take the sack, get out of it, etc.)

Even if we get a Reggie Bush in next year's draft, Chad still needs to fix this problem. I hope he can and we can let Clemens develop on the sidelines a while longer.

7. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

Those are pretty good numbers considering all the concern for Chad. Like I said before, it's a matter of Da Brick staying strong and keeping that jackass Taylor off his back.

I thought Chad only played 6 games against Miami. One in 2002, after Vinny's disaster early that year. He was injured for that week 2 game in 2003, and lost the second match that year. In 2004, he won both games. In 2005, he won the week 2 match and was injured for the second one. And of course he won the first match this year. That's six starts by my count in which Chad is 5-1.

Incidentally, his first game this season against MIA was 17-29 for 175 yds and 2 TDs, not spectacular, but it got the job done.

8. GreenMachine

He got garbage time in 2001...so as a starter he is 5-1

9. championjets69

Well my theroy is a little different is that the draft is used as a tool to make a team stronger especially a #2 choice which means that by not playing KC we are not ulitizing a draft choice to make us into a elite team faster

10. SonofDinger

I don't mean to nitpick, but I just checked it out. In that 30-3 debacle in week 3 of 2002, he was sent in for 4th qtr mop up and came away with 2-3 for 32 yds.

11. Section 227. Row 5

Maybe I'm alone in my thinking, but I don't really like to put much stock in previous historical matchups beyond the current season. What we were 5 years ago and what the Dolphins were 5 years ago is miles away from where we are today.

12. SonofDinger

I agree to an extent - but they are still a rival, and the numbers show that Chad has played well against this rival through the years. NE and Buffalo are a different story.

13. championjets69

Even the last matchup DC with bad legs was the QB right? Look the MDs have the tape of the BFLO game in hand & I am sure they will be analyzing in minute detail Schobels perfomance vs the Brick. Prior years there was no Brick or Mangold right? There was no Crotchery right? There was no Rhodes right? So to use past stats to make your case is valueless

14. GreenMachine

I really just guessed at the win-loss..I stated that. I am positve on the stats, though.:up:

15. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah, I've pretty much always felt that way. I love the SB pregame shows where they go, "In the last 27 years, the New England Patriots' record against this team is 11-6."

Well, whoop-tee-do. And my grandmother made 87 apple pies in that same period too.

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Please make new thread

Will someone please post that the Jags/Pats game will not be on in NY this Sunday Even though CBS has Double header we get screwed because the Giants are home at 1pm

17. Section 227. Row 5

Please tell me this is some kind of sick joke. I was SO looking forward to that game.

18. championjets69

Well exactly it was like before a NYJ/Colt game somebody will say we beat them 16-7 in SB3. I never could figure the logic of the guy making that statement

19. championjets69

Well there is ALWAYS DirectV Sunday tix available

20. NYMagpies

NYMagpies New Member

it sucks as i will be on a plane to LA en route to Australia that night...i wont find out who wins until i get to LA unless AA has SC on inflight radio???