FOLKS - its time to hang up the same ole jets....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jilozzo, Dec 20, 2006.

1. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Yes folks - these are the games that separate the men from the boys, the winners from pretenders and can ultimately turn a franchise around.....

Though some of you may argue the jets have ALREADY turned the corner, IMO the jury is still out but is getting very close to an inflection point that may very well ride this club deep into the playoffs at some point during the coming 3 years.

against miami, in miami doesnt get any better, it is the fish's playoff game and the jets need to withstand the initial pulse on the road and take it on the chin. we will find out alot more about this club on monday than at any time throughout this year, even more than the patriot game on the road.

the darksider in me says there is a possibility of a blow out courtesy of the fish (re: 1986 after the 10-1 start). But the fan in me says the jets have a wonderful opp to shut up the critics and win that big road game they always seem to lose, especially in december.

a win here would send a loud message about the entire org, louder than the one sent from new england earlier this year.

enjoy the game folks and merry christmas, hanakkuh, and kwanza.

jil

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes could not agree with you more & Happy Holidays to you as well

3. JJBagoose

JJBagoose Active Member

I totally agree. The one problem I have (not really a problem) is When (if) they win.

It will be almost assumed that the Jets will win the final game. I would just hate to see our season end on a miserable loss to the Raiders at home :(

Now that would be twisted.

4. championjets69

Oak has the 6th rated D in the entire league I think & can bring pressure which as you know is not handle very well by Penny

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Same to you, Jilozzo.

I've been saying this for days, how big this game is. The media is going to have a field day with this... a viewing audience across the entire country, divisional rivalry, playoffs on the line for the Jets, how far we've come, new coach, Chad's comeback storyline, etc., etc. By the time they get done with the hype, it's gong to seem like you're watching the SuperBowl, I kid you not.

The big key to this game is composure. Remain calm. Tune out all the distractions. Do your job and execute. I think Mangini will have the team ready and warn them of all the pitfalls. Best advice would be, "Now let's relax, go play some football and have fun."

Jets 20
    Dolphins 16

6. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

If the Jets beat the Dolphins and lose to the Raiders at home week 17 then they should just demolish the stadium after the game. Oakland is legitimately one of the worst offenses in NFL history.

7. Section 227. Row 5

This is always my chief concern and will be in both remaining games. I love Penny when he's on and hot (usually when we're ahead) and absolutely cringe into the fetal position when I see things going south for him with the pressure, especially when we get behind.

8. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

CHAMP!!

I think we may have a new nominee for TGG's friendliest poster. Champ I like the new leaf! Merry X-mas.

#8 The Green Dude, Dec 20, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

As usual, you're right on the money Jil. It's show time for the New GangGreen Crew. We oldtimers used to call it gut-check time. They show up and play like we know they can, we're in business. If they show up like they did for the infamous "Spike Game" and we might be in deep for the rest of the Mangini era however long that is..

Hopefully, Good Chad shows up. Its a big game and its the perfect stage for Pennington to show the entire football world he can win on the big stage, in primetime, when he HAS TO PLAY WELL AND WIN. Same goes for this CS as well. Mangini, Shotts and Sutton will have to bring their A game. None of that tentative nonsense we saw against Buffalo.

Happy Holidays to you and yours man! Thanks for posting with us this year!!

Cman

10. championjets69

Well one + is that when I used to go to he game about 1/3 of the stadium was NYJ fans. It may be even higher this year as many Dolphin fans will try to get rid of there tix since they are out of it. For sure it will be shrilled up to almost SB level by game time. My biggest fear is that the Mia D line will get to Penny immediately & then we are toast. Happy Holidays to you

11. championjets69

Yes could not agree more especially this game will be hyped up so we will see what the "new" NYJ players are made of. Happy holidays to you

12. championjets69

Well thanks a lot for the recommendation but I am sure to PO some of the posters cause some of there "man" love favorites have to be upgraded & I will be saying so once this season is history. They have to learn to understand that to get to the highest level you MUST have dominant players & a DOMINANT team. Happy Holidays to you as well

13. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

A little of topic, but the Miami Dolphins are one of only 4 AFC teams with a losting record...crazy. (The others are Cleveland, Oakland and Houston)

14. Section 227. Row 5

That's an interesting piece of information (about the fan content in the stadium). Thanks and Happy Holidays to you too, Champ.

I'm concerned about the Chinese Firedrill Effect also. It's almost as if you can almost tell during the first several plays, which Pennington will show up. Our O-line has to really step up to give him the best chance and even then, Penny has to find a way to overcome the jitters he sometimes brings into the 1st quarter. I'm talking the shoelace passes followed by the moonballs, etc. This Miami DEF knows full well what I'm talking about. Get Pennington off track and the game is yours for the taking.

Somebody on the sidelines needs to grab him by the Jersey before the kickoff and tell him, "Just make believe it's practice, man." I hope Schottenheimer is burning the midnight oil as we speak.

15. championjets69

Yes so you to see the -s in Penny. I am sure the Dolphins plan is whack Penny immediately cause they know he folds up faster then a cheap suit sorry to say when pressured. It will be very interesting to see if he can really win us a BIG one when under pressure. Thanks & Happy Holidays to you as well

16. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Raiders defense is ranked so high because they turn the ball over and other teams get a short field. The defense is better than average, but they aren't elite. They just got shut up by ST. Loius.

17. championjets69

Yes but they can bring some pressure from what I have seen which is what concerns me cause you know how badly Penny handles pressure

18. Section 227. Row 5

Winning the big one under pressure is the huge question.

I like everything else that Penny is and does and brings to our game... his intelligence, his leadership, his accuracy... all of it. But none of it does him any good when he gets flustered. Miami knows this and will be absolutely beside themselves in our first series trying to set that tone. Taylor will be a raving maniac and have Zach Thomas and the rest of them foaming at the mouth.

The flip side is, Harrington is Harrington...

19. MondayMiracle40-37OT

If the Jets beat the Dolphins on Christmas Night, the following week, I expect the crowd at the Meadowlands to be out of control. Even if its against the lowly Raiders.

20. championjets69

Nothing to disagree with in your post. Yes that will be the Dolphins play cause they know Pennys weakness & how he gets flustered & throws wounded ducks when pressured. This game may finally end debate if #10 is the future depending how he plays in this game. Plays with the deer in the headlites & you know his days as a NYJ player are numbered