The 2020 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2020.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You could be right that none of the 4 will be there, and also right that none would play better than Fant this year, although I would be shocked if the latter were the case, and somewhat surprised if the former happened. If none of the 4 OTs are there, then Douglas would have the option of trading down or taking one of Lamb or Jeudy. As much as I'd love to add Ngakoue to our D, I'd much rather add Becton, Thomas, Lamb or Jeudy to our offense.

2. Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya Member

You said I've had words with 2 posters. That is completely wrong. I haven't had words with anyone. One poster got mad at me. I'm still not sure why. The irony is that I think the poster you just told to "fuck off you thick prick" is the poster who got mad at me. Please take a minute and read my eight posts and show me where I said anything mean, or confrontational, or off topic, or vulgar, or personal, or that could in anyway be construed as trolling. Copy and paste it here. I'm waiting......

I have no idea what you mean when you wrote "But you are screaming an old banned poster back with a new name to me though". I've read it a couple of times and still can't figure it out. If you are accusing me of being an old, formerly banned poster back with a new name, you're wrong. I set up my account here about a week ago because I'm starved for sports and thought that this board would be a good place to talk about the AFCE.

As for "fuck off you thick prick" being "English sarcasm", I think you have sarcasm confused with just being a "vulgar jerk".

#902 Inigo Montoya, Mar 19, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  3. DefenseWinsChampionships

Just a fan but hey, at least I do whatever it takes to watch my Jets play on TV. Direct TV as an out of state fan who lives in Florida and have paid for the NFL season ticket for 10+ years. You on the other hand? lol you only watch the Jets play during 2-3 primetime games per year, if that and that's because you're too scared to "catch an online virus" you won't even STREAM a freaking Jets game. You read box scores dude. Keep reading online and watching box scores and I'll continue to watch these kids actually PLAY the game you type about.

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  4. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Yeah Adding Ngakoue isn't realistic although fun to talk about.

Don't be surprised if JD trades down and winds up with Jones - a lot of articles I've read claim he has been paying extra attention to him and also seems to like Matt Peart out of U Conn also. Peart though wouldn't be a first round selection.....

One thing seems to be coming into focus....being that JD refuses to overpay for FAs that may indicate a refusal to reach in the draft.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

FJF and SOJAZ like this.
  6. NCJetsfan

You know what? You may watch more games than me, but it does you absolutely no good. You have no clue what you're talking about most of the time. You have some of the dumbest ideas and opinions, and have less knowledge about the game and the Jets team than I have ever seen on a Jets fan site, and I've read and posted on a bunch of them.

7. NCJetsfan

If we're trading down from 11 to 20, we'd better get a whole lot more than a mid-round pick. At a minimum, it should be a #2 pick, and quite likely multiple picks (not including their #20 pick).

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

O.k mr. fake online GM who doesn't watch Jet players play the game have a good day reading box scores lol you spend all day talking about O Lineman who've you never once watched play only read about them and then type about them you're weird.

9. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

10. Imagesrdecieving

Read the article. We swap 1sts and include a mid rounder and get Yannick in return

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

11. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

I think the trade is our 11 and a mid round pick for 20 and Ngakoue. I’d sign up for that. We have two 3rds and in most of mocks I have us digging up third to fourth tier edge guys in the fourth and fifth rounds out of need anyways.

FJF likes this.
  12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Get this QB eating beast!

NYGANGGREEN and FJF like this.
  13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Chill. He doesn't know how Yannick rushers the quarterback and has never seen him rush a QB. He doesn't watch the games, not even his own Jets so it's pointless talking about players to him.

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

Oh, since you didn't mention Yannick, I thought you were saying we could trade down from our #11 pick to #20. My bad.

15. Imagesrdecieving

I've been all about getting one of those 4 tackles but if we could get a proven stud like Yannick (who plays one of the 3 premium positions in the NFL) AND make a selection at #20 I am in full support of that deal.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

FJF likes this.
  16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

This is the best thing I've read all fuckin year! What a breath of fresh air!

17. NCJetsfan

I still wouldn't do it. No way I'd give up our #11 pick or multiple picks this year. They're too valuable and we have too many holes. I'd give them our 2nd round pick and either our 5th round pick or one of our 6th round picks or our 1st round pick and another pick (4th or 5th) next year. Next year is when I figured to add an edge rusher any way.

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I'd do it for a 3rd and next year's 5th. He would transform the defense.

We have interest in Clowney too... He's like a super version of Jenkins. Elite run defender and inconsistent pass rusher.

FJF likes this.
  19. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I'm iffy about moving in the first round.

This is our chance to grab a potential pro bowl caliber #1 WR. That would royally suck to lose out on that

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Or... hear me out. We use our first three picks (starting at 20) on tackle, WR and corner. Grab another WR in the fourth and pray to god people still think AJ Dillon can’t tote that rock in the fifth.

NCJetsfan likes this.