The Chad Problem

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Chad folds like an accordion when he comes under pressure. Most NFL QB's experience a reduction in play, Chad falls off a cliff.

2. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

EXACTLY!!! The only Chad problem is people not believing in him!!! He will be the starting QB for the JETS next year also!!!! 22/28 247 1td in the first half....I know he's had some bad games but name a QB that hasn't this year!! If it wasn't for Chad we would not be in a playoff race!!

3. I bleed Jets Green

I bleed Jets Green New Member

Once again another Hate Chad Nepotisium thread to make all the Chad haters feel good about themselves to scream for Clemens to take over at QB. Once again the Bills game last week, the entire team lost, not everything is on Chad.

Here we are at the Metrodome in Minnesota with 14:00 remaining in the 3rd & the Jets are leading 23-7. A 6YD run for a TD & A lovely throw for a TD. Re-evaluate at the end of the season please. Thank You.

:jets:

4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Chad is an average quarterback who looks dominant against bad defenses and who looks mediocre against good defenses and who looks horrible against high pressure, bad defenses. That's why I hate when people post that he is the worst quarterback ever after losses and that he is amazing after wins. He is what he is.

5. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

for the record: I like Chad as our QB. I will be sticking to that statement until Chad plays a full season with coaches that arent rookies and has a losing season. Right now we have rookies at the top coaching levels and we are still having a winning season. I have absolutely NOTHING but love for this team. And Chad.

EDIT: P.S. I am loving this game so far. Lets here it for a CLUTCH first half lads!

6. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I don't know a lot about arm injuries, but isn't his arm going to be stronger next season?

7. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Well he's having a great day against Minnesota, a team with the 5th best defensive passer rating in the NFL. Not too shabby.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

That's exactly right.

I posted specific results in the original post because without them it's easy to forget the games where Chad has cost us a win and only credit him with the games where he has secured one.

9. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

that goes the other way too. But you two seem to week in and week out hate Chad. Good for you guys.

Me? I'll enjoy a great Jets game today:) You guy can enjoy your hating the winning QB.

for the record I have ALWAYS liked Chad as QB.

#29 fake_crs, Dec 17, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2006
  10. JetPulse

JetPulse New Member

Under two scenarios Chad seems to do well.
    1. When people are questioning his abilities. He doesn't seem to handle people saying how good he is to his face all the time.
    2. Getting an early lead in a game. He has not been a "comeback kid".

So, we just need to convince him every week that he is probably going to be replaced within the next two games for good. And, no matter what the scoreboard says it's really the second quarter and we have a three point lead.
    :lol:

11. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

If you say so.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Those 4 hours went by fast. :beer:

13. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Yeah, because we all know how much everyone was whipering in his ear that he would be replaced, thus motivating him to play well. You come up with the lamest crap.

Chad is simply a good QB, who is going to win more than he loses.

14. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

God u seem like a moron posting this now, good try hoping he would have a bad day, seriously why do some
    of u call urself jets fans lol.

15. JetPulse

JetPulse New Member

Hoping he would have a bad day??
    I really came off like that?
    ..Even if I don't have the religious like faith in Chad as others. I sure as hell am rooting for him to do good everytime he's in the game.

#35 JetPulse, Dec 17, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2006
  16. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

HTML:
    and who looks horrible against high pressure, bad defenses.

Nah he wastn pressured to much in Foxboro this year. Wait isnt third down the highest pressure down? Whats our record on 3rd downs this year anyway?

17. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

I think #1 would be when he plays a defense that can't cover anyone. Anyway I don't see what's to argue with in this original post. Both early and late when the Vikings were able to bring pressure Chad fell to pieces.

18. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Ur OP is negative, the guy goes out there againsta all odds and once again we are a winning team becuase of him, instead of saying good things, you post why he sucks. Seriously I hope Chad gets cut/traded next year, goes to KC, with LJ and Herm, and wins a SB, then I can come back and watch most of you cry.

19. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

What game were u watching, he made some amazing plays under heavy pressure, wow thats all I can say about ur post is, wow.

20. JetPulse

JetPulse New Member

I think that the intent of the post is to recognize a problem.
    By recognizing a problem on a competitive team it can then be addressed adequately.
    You make it sound like anyone who doesn't worship Chad is antiJet.
    That's just illogical.