Quinnen is a beast...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Aug 15, 2019.

1. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I am not 100% on that. Fact is he is super young and hasn't have a long career at one position. He's big but is actually slightly smaller than Jenkins was.. I'm not sure how he go put in this can only be in a 4-3. He actually fits almost everything we had in Jenkins. With 2 other good players he could be our next Jenkins.

2. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Not only did he set that record - he did it without even being a full-time rusher. He spent a decent amount of time dropping in coverage. Which made him the IDEAL prospect for our defense!

I hope Q flourishes...

But damn Allen made so much more sense for us.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Spot on, and Williams' talents are largely being wasted playing NT in our 3-4 D. He needs to be playing a 3T in a 4-3.

JetsNation06, tomdeb and Mogriffjr like this.
  4. J-Raw24

I still hope he can be our Kris Jenkins. He has started to play better recently and it may end up working out if we bring in more talent in 3 years or so when its ok to pick defense again. But yeah not taking Allen was a huge mistake IMO.

boozer32 likes this.
  5. it depends on the 3-4 alignment.Hes not built to sustain a career as a 0 technique simply stacking the A gap..but as a 1 technique he could be a force. He has that rare quickness & glide that compensates for his lack of mass

J-Raw24 likes this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Leo made the Pro Bowl in his 2nd season, I'm not holding my breath that Quinnen does the same.

boozer32 and J-Raw24 like this.
  7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Not gonna gloat on this guy after a so so season. He missed a few games and was not the impact guy Maccagnan thought he was getting (no surprise there). But Josh Allen 10 sacks would sure give me hope for next year. He also might have had more sacks in Greg William's defense.

8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i don't expect mclendon (age) or anderson (cost/age) to be here in 2021. but both will be here in 2020

J-Raw24 likes this.
  9. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Had some good moments last game and made a critical stop. Obviously has taken some major adjustments this season while trying to break into William's rotation.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

People really need to stop shoehorning 3-4/4-3. Rarely do the Jets run a base defense.

Attackett, Ralebird and FJF like this.
  11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

We don't have Calias Cambell, Dawuane Smoot, and Yannack Ngakoue lining up beside Allen so its likely he would have had a much worse season on the Jets. At least pass rushing wise.

boozer32 likes this.
  12. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Truer words never written

13. J-Raw24

You're right, our line is only one of the best run defenses in the game. It maybe better than that line especially with Allen wreaking havoc. He would free up others to get to the qb because they would double team him.

14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Calias Cambell and Yannack Ngakoue both require double teams on most passes. The only lineman we have that might require a double team is the guy we drafted instead of Allen. All of our other lineman can be, and usually are, single teamed. So doubling Allen would have the same effect on their success that doubling Q does now - which is very little.

People have to understand that Jacksonville had a great push in the middle and just needed an outside rusher to make it complete. It was a perfect fit for Allen. The Jets would have been a mediocre fit, and he would have not had nearly the impact on our pass rush as he had in Jacksonville.

Ideally you want the edge rusher to be the final piece of the puzzle, not the first piece. But we have been terrible at building our defensive line so now we are clamoring for any piece we can get. The good news is maybe Q can be the person that helps our future edge rushing stud...if we find one. The fact is we need Q to not be a bust and step up next season.

#134 ouchy, Dec 28, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  15. J-Raw24

Actually the one on our team that has been demanding the most double teams is Kyle Phillips. He has has played better than Q most the season. Fact is Kyle Phillps, McClendon, and the rest of the gang would have done pretty much the same with or without Q this year. Allen on the other hand would of added a different dynamic altogether. Q can still be good and improve, but that doesn't overshadow what Allen would have done.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

So sick of this 3-4 BS. Switch to a 4-3 and get a true edge guy in here FFS. When you have to talk about alignments this much, it's simply another excuse for guys not producing. I'll reserve judgement on Q Williams for another year but to this point Josh Allen was clearly the better pick.

17. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

The way people talk Jordan Jenkins up on here, if Allen was here, Jordan would feast on the other edge.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

I disagree. Allen didn't have those players lined up next to him at Kentucky either and he managed to do quite well.

19. NCJetsfan

Again, I totally disagree.

20. NCJetsfan

I think the comparison to Jenkins is totally silly. I don't see any similarities in their games. I think it's just wishful thinking.