Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Wining or losing should not matter as to firing Gase. He still has underlying character problems that make the question about him being fired a when not an if. He still thinks he is the smartest guy in the room and tries to prove it all the time which is why he still is a serial liar, why he never takes responsibility and why he does not get along with others. He is no doubt a smart guy and when his offense works it works well but playing 5 wide all the time and refusing to adjust with a poor OL leaves little margin for error and we can see the results when things do not work like NE where Gase lets our QB take such a beating that it causes subsequent losses in the following 2 games against Jax and Miami.The problem begins and ends with Gase being insecure and needing to prove what a genius he is all the time. Sam will likely carry us to two more wins to extend out streak to 5 which means Gase for at least one more year. But it is only a matter of time until his ego shows him the door.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I mean he's obviously coming back. He's got Darnold playing well. Most of us were wrong for whipping the pitch forks out six games into his tenure here.

Let's see how it rolls. This team is cooking right now all the way down to the 6th round + UDFA corners we're throwing out there.

Pepsiguy5, MJK and Cman68 like this.
  3. DefenseWinsChampionships

Exactly. We've scored over 100 points during this 3 gm win streak regardless of opponents I can't remember too many Jet offenses doing anything similar under other previous HC's. And I can't remember the last H.C or OC who've given us 4-5 consecutive opening drive TDs/scores.

New Yorkers we brought our pitch forks out too soon. Too fast. And too quick. One of the youngest starting QBs of All-Time. A suspect and struggling offensive line. 1st year under less than ideal situations taking over a team that stunk last year and a franchise that's stunk historically and especially dating back to 2011. And fans such as myself got fed up and took my frustrations out on Gase as my scapegoat.

He deserves a chance behind a revamped O-Line and maybe a stud #1 WR opposite of Robby Anderson and maybe, just maybe we'll begin to see both SAM DARNOLD and LE'VEON BELL will look amazing under an Adam Gase led offensive attack.

I remember when Giants fans had their Pitchforks out early on for Tom Coughlin too all because he were too strict on his players within their own locker room... How'd that work out?

I'm wrong not because Gase is great but because I failed to look at the big picture. Just his first year here. Less than ideal situations.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Still can't believe we gave up 3 points to the fricken Raiders...Gase gots to go!

5. Jonathan_Vilma

I mean who cares if he's a stubborn dickhead? The locker room hasn't fractured and doesn't really think so. He can be insecure all he wants if he still produces blowouts.

Newsflash: most if not all NFL coaches are narcissists..

chandler and Jake like this.
  6. Footballgod214

I wonder if the fan who paid for the FIRE GASE airplane banner can get his money back!

jetsclaps likes this.
  7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I agree with you that most coaches are control freaks but Gase goes well beyond your normal control freak coach. When you are a liar and someone who burns his bridges eventually it catches up with you. Dan Orlovsky speculated during the pre season that Gases dishonesty might eventually cause the team to lose trust inhim. Eventually his behavior will catch up with him.

That being said i don't mean to put a damper on the win i just want to point out that Gase still is the major problem with this team and are soon to be 5 game win streak means there is no relief in sight.

8. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

For being such a control freak he reportedly met with Darnold to let him basically make up the playbook to fit what he likes

I’m not saying he isn’t in other areas but that’s a really good sign

chandler likes this.
  9. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

One game at a time. Jets hitting the cylinders and Gase and Williams get a lot of credit for the adjustments. That was a dominating performance. I am impressed by the LBs stepping up and CBS had their best game of the season.

enjoy it.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Regardless of my thoughts on Gase discussing firing him is mindless and a waste of time at this point.....it's not happening this year move on to complaining about draft position or something. Lol

Jake, PabloJa and FJF like this.
  11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Im one of the very few who liked the hire. Gase has a LOOOOONG way to go but the banner flying and teh want to fire him after 7 weeks was so fucking beyond stupid its actually hard to quantify. Lets see what happens. The injuries were devastating and we didnt exactly have the best roster to begin with. Lets see

Biggs and Dierking like this.
  12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Don't get too high, don't get too low.

This was a good win here though. This offense is firing on all cylinders as far as passing goes...the offensive line was solid today. Sam was awesome...the defense was stellar...this was the Jets best played game This season.

chandler, Andy_M, NYJetsO12 and 5 others like this.
  13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Our best chances of success are without Gase as HC.
    The sooner they fire him the less time we will waste.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

What is this all based on? A B-squad reporter in Orlovsky speculating on a Tuesday Midnight edition of Sports center?

Has the team lost trust in him? They've publicly supported him. You can draw your own conclusions as to if it's genuine or not. But if there was a locker room mutiny because everyone hates the coach brewing, it would've happened after the Miami game and it didn't.

He DOES seem like a jerk. But that's ok with me. Most of my football coaches were always jerks too.

How is he a liar? What bridges has he burned? With Enunwa who likely will never play again anyway?

FJF likes this.
  15. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Criticize when it's deserved, and give credit when its due. Gase deserved every bit of criticism he received during that abysmal 1-7 stretch this team had, just as he deserves credit for adjusting his scheme for Sam and coaching three solid games. The Jets absolutely schooled the Raiders today in every possible way. Let's see how we finish out the year.

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I still think that Gase isn't the right guy to take them to the SB, but I am pleasantly surprised that he's made adjustments these last three weeks to the offense. I don't know if it was because Sam got in his grill, if so, that's a doubly good thing: Sam stepping up and asserting himself, and Gase listening, but whatever it was that made Gase make changes worked. Today's game plan was vastly different than those during the first 7 weeks, and it opened everything up. Sure, the Raiders played like shit, but I think the Jets had more to do with that than them just sucking. After all, they're in the playoff hunt in the AFC West.

And I don't think it's because they've had time to learn - with so many different players due to injuries, whatever learning occurred wasn't able to be carried over week to week for many of the replacements. I think it's more a matter of Gase learning, and making the needed changes. If that's the case, then that's a big step forward for him and the team.

For now, I'll continue to hope Gase proves me wrong and they keep winning, or at least playing well.

Pepsiguy5, Andy_M, Noam and 2 others like this.
  17. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Stop evaluating coaches and enjoy the games. Players are doing it on the line and catching the ball. The QB is finally healthy. Stopping the run is the first step on defense and the corners are playing better. Overrating the coaching effect is common wrong theme.

Pepsiguy5 and FJF like this.
  18. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Hopefully not. Stupid people need to be taught lessons.

Footballgod214 and hornblower like this.
  19. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Jets are 4-7, let's see how the last 5 games play out. The Jets could easily finish 8-8 or 7-9 and people would go into the off-season feeling pretty good about this team. Starting 1-7 and finishing with 8-8 or 7-9 record would be a pretty fantastic turn around.

FJF likes this.
  20. Footballgod214

Saw a stat during the game that the Jets have the most cap space on IR. Something like $48M and 25% of our entire 2019 cap is on IR, most of any team.