First Overall Pick?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by BamaDoc, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem drafting D again, so long as it goes to a position of need instead of yet another DE/DT who is "too good to pass up". We absolutely need an edge rusher and a CB, and this draft is full of both. It's also full of good OTs as well. That said, I want Andrew Thomas first. The Dolphins, Bengals, and Redskins all need QBs, so there's a chance we could trade down to 4 or 5 and still get Thomas, plus have another 1st round pick to get another position of need. For the 2nd round, we could get our edge guy; I've been really impressed with Kenny Willekes out of Michigan State. Most mocks don't have him going before the 2nd day, so he could be an excellent 2nd round choice.

kevda5n9ne and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Winston's career stats: 61.2% 17,035 yds 104 TDs 70 INTs 87.4 rating. In other words, better than any Jets QB since Pennington.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

And for what it's worth, Winston has been moving the ball really well this year and absolutely battling. He lead the game tying drive multiple times yesterday.

The Bucs should be better than their records is. Last second losses to the Giants (missed FG) and Seahawks and got absolutely jobbed by the refs vs. The Titans. Game of inches. I don't know what they'll do with Winston but he's the anti-Darnold. He does decently well under pressure. He just makes boneheaded throws with a clean pocket.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Have U checked up on the results of our #1 pick over the last 10 years. I think if you had U would immediately take this post down :mad:

5. championjets69

All fans clamoring for the #1 pick I suggeU look up our past 10 #1 picks because if Uhad looked them up U would not have posted what U posted :mad:

6. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

We don't need the #1 pick this year (unless we are giving up on Darnold already) but we do need to stay ahead of the Redskins to go with the best OL prospect #TankForThomas

7. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

it looks like 2-3 Qb's could go top 10 this year, and maybe top 5, so as long as we are in the top 5 we will definitely either get a stud player or slither down a bit and get some badly needed picks.

if we do indeed end up at #3 or higher - the stakes get a bit more juiced and i would look for a blockbuster type of deal with players and picks.

and its not just the QB's - jeudy and thomas are legit top 5 studs so there will certainly be some teams willing to deal for these guys.

8. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

We can't F this up. We need to have the top one or two picks.

Chase Young and a haul of OL

or

Trade back multiple times

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Take a look at our No. 2 picks.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

We are still #2 after the Bungles.

11. championjets69

Have you researched our #1 pick over the last 10 years. I think U should & that have the mods withdraw your thread Tks :mad:

12. championjets69

Have you researched our #1 pick over the last 10 years. I think U should & that have the mods withdraw your thread Tks :mad:

13. championjets69

I think U should research a #1 draft picks over the last 10 years & then withdrew this post :mad:

jilozzo likes this.
  14. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

And he has never been to the playoffs and never done better than 9-7. That is not a franchise qb.

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Not that there’s anything wrong with that

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I agree he isn't a franchise QB, but using team success to grade a QB is a bad idea. Regardless, he's way better than Sanchez, Geno, and Darnold have been.

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I have a feeling we are going to be #2 for a long time

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

at this point it would be ideal. We do get to play the bengals as well but the tie breaker is SOS so tough to tell if we both go 1-15 who would get it as of now. they are the only winless team right now. If it winds up NYJ, Cincy, Mia as top 3 with miami and cincy both wanting QBs we could get a nice package from miami to jump cincy since they have a ton of picks including the texans and steelers 1st rounders. the jump from 3 to 1 would likely cost them the texans 1st rounder which should be mid 20s which would be perfect for us to land a LT 3rd overall and a C with the other 1st rounder. we can get a CB with our 2nd and with our 2 3rds get a OG and WR. of course this is the jets and nothing will work out that way

19. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I doubt they're going to finish with the number one pick, but if they do, I think I would trade back. I would think they could trade back to anywhere between three and five and get one of the elite offensive linemen. If I couldn't trade back, I'm looking at Chase Young I think. I'm taking the best available offensive lineman with whatever pick they get from Jamal Adams.

Alternatively, if they continue to suck this season and Darnold continues to regress, I think they would at least consider QB. If the Jets think there is a future stud QB available, they'd be silly to not do their due diligence.

20. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Narrator: "but they did F it up....."

Pepsiguy5 likes this.