Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I gotcha but people keep comparing Adams to free safeties which is not the position he plays.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Enunwa played his last football game

A 2nd and a 5th for Bell is not worth it. Especially after this season. There is an easy out in Bell's contract after 2020. So its basically run the hell out of him for one more year or get a 2nd (assuming your speculation is possible), I'd take the 1200 rushing yards and 50 receptions personally for one more year

a 1st and a 3rd, and another 3rd, is going to be a lot more difficult to get for Adams now that the whole league knows he wants out. Which is why I suspect the Cowboys or his agent leaked the news and started this beef

3. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

that's fine do that ...I get the point but Adams isn't a ball hawking free saftey...it's like comparing Herndon to Jerry Rice or something. Lol

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's really not because Adams ends up in cover 2 shells and deeper coverage zones at times. I think he'd be put in more positions to play the robber position if he was really good at it. He's not a ball hawking safety because that's not his strength. It's not simply because of scheme.

5. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Jalen Ramsey made it pretty clear he wanted out of Jax and they still got full value

BrowningNagle likes this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Well we better start printing out some positive media about how we have no intention of moving him whatsoever and we want to start contract talks like Jacksonville did. And tell Adams and his side to do the same or he's going to stay with us for another two years.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. jonnyd

Steelers had no leverage with Antonio Brown either and they got top value

8. Jonathan_Vilma

I agree. But we are the Jets after all...

9. jonnyd

that we are dude. sigh

10. Jonathan_Vilma

What once felt like it was going to be a first and a third isn't going to be a third and a seventh with some stupid contract escalator into a sixth.

I will say though; we really heisted the Giants in that deal when you look at it from the perspective that not many teams were ultimately interested (at least according to post trade remarks).

11. BrowningNagle

yeah that's a good point.

I just hope whenever they do move Adams that its not to the Cowboys. that whole thing was embarrassing. The cowboys tampering, Adams telling ESPN he wanted to play for them, the hell with that, they were both trying to play the Jets.

Yeah, they should look for the best return value but there are 30 other teams to talk with

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Did the players elect him captain, or was he appointed captain by Gase? If they players elected him captain, then they are the ones that should do that if it is to be done. I get where you're coming from and agree with you in sentiment, but that could make the situation worse and lower his trade value.

I've calmed down and hope that he has. Hopefully he will speak with Douglas very soon, and if he really was hurt and doubted what Douglas said, he will listen and believe him. If he changes his mind and decides that he does want to stay here, fine, we can use a player of his talents. He needs to focus, work harder on getting better and talk less.

If it's clear that he wants to leave, then hopefully Douglas tells him that they will accommodate him IF he does several things. One, he must refrain from making any more negative comments to the media or on on social media about Douglas and/or the Jets. Two, he must work harder while he is here. Three, Douglas informs him that he will announce that the situation has been resolved and that Adams will continue to be in the Jets plans for for the foreseeable future. This will be to keep Adams trade value high so that the team can get a good return on him, and it will help Adams' rehabilitate image with the rest of the league. Four, he tells Adams that if he doesn't do those things, he will keep him a Jet until the last year of his contract and then he will trade him to the worst team in the NFL.

13. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Yea, I think the players elected the captains, but not sure. I was speaking more to the sentiment of it as you said.

I think he has shown his true colors though. I can understand the reaction initially, but then you calm down and go sit down with the guy and say "What the F#&@, dude? You told me....." You don't do it in the media, you don't let your emotions run the show, you are a professional athlete. This is a business. You act accordingly. Hell, even Robbie handled the situation better, by MILES, than Jamal, and let's face it Robbie isn't exactly a Rhodes Scholar. Douglas simply did his due diligence, as he should have, and has absolutely nothing to apologize for.

I do find it a bit odd though, that both Bell and Anderson say that Douglas let them know what was going on and how it might be played in the media. They seemed to feel that he was straight up with them throughout the process. Yet he doesn't seem to have done that with Jamal.

14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Well, he was wearing this first, because ya know, Halloween and all . . . but someone advised him to take it off.

[​IMG]

15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

After watching this I’m convinced he will become the highest paid safety in the league by the NYJ come December.

16. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Is that an adult grown up male or a 16-year old girl dumped by her boyfriend? Geeez

KurtTheJetsFan and grkmanga31 like this.
  17. BrowningNagle

that is difficult to watch

grkmanga31 likes this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Meanwhile, Gregg Williams is privately telling Adams to keep going so Gase gets fired and they'll extend Adams and Williams and they'll share the one ring to rule them all.

Can you imagine how much cowering in a corner Christopher Johnson did during that conversation? Forget it with Woody. Woody would've sold the team before having that conversation.

19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Shocking stuff, I like him as a player but 2 1st's and a 2nd or a 1st 2 2nds and a 3rd and he can take his crying arse to Dallas.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

It's sort of obvious that we won't be getting that kind of haul for him or else he would've been gone. Teams value giving away volume of picks just as much as they do high picks. You can't always just replace a higher pick with multiple of a later round.

I think a 1st and a 3rd is even going to be a stretch.