Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

50K fans chanting Fire Gase Now! is not a good look. Lucky for AG, this game is in FL. He better not lose or there will be hell to pay.

NCJetsfan and 4jetfans like this.
  2. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

where he plays like a Hall of Famer, sticks it to his old team and gets a large payday?

NCJetsfan and stinkyB like this.
  3. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Jacksonville was giving up nearly 5 yds per carry,you have Bell at rb and you only run him 9 times. When your qb is being sacked 8 times.

SOJAZ and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Will probably run over Jamal for the game winning TD to pour habanero sauce in everyone's wounds....

5. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

We don't even know yet if we need one of the top QBs. Darnold has suffered behind a horrible line and really bad coaching. Does that mean he is indeed an elite QB and just doesn't have the right pieces? No, and he may be a bust. Admittedly, the "ghosts" game and this past game are concerning. But he's shown a lot more to warrant another chance than Gase has. I don't think it's time to go and get another QB just yet.

Right now, the Jets need an O-line, then an edge rusher, then a CB. There are a lot of teams chomping at the bit for Herbert and Tagovailoa, neither of whom particularly impress me. I'd be willing, at this point, to trade the #1 overall pick to Miami, Washington, or Cincy for another first or a few seconds.

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Dolphins games are notorious for having mostly road fans. But that isn't going to happen this week. So who's gonna show up? :eek:

7. clickclack

clickclack Member

This is exactly where I'm at right now...I'm not ready to give up on him. However, if Gase loses this weekend he needs to be outright fired. I'd fire him now but I get that not much will be accomplished by doing so.

8. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Chris Johnson touted Gase as being an offensive guru, his history would dictate otherwise.

Scoring ranks for Adam Gase offenses not quarterbacked by Peyton Manning:
    2019 Jets (31st)
    2018 Dolphins (26th)
    2017 Dolphins (28th)
    2016 Dolphin (17th)
    2015 Bears (23rd)

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Probably a worse one is the one Ray Lucas cited on the postgame yesterday...Darnold's first four games of his rookie year he had 7 TD's and 6 INT's. His first four games of this year he's got 5 TD's and 8 INT's. That's regression.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Getting the #1 or #2 pick and being able to trade down would be huge for this team. If they got a first this year and next year and a 2nd both years and a 4th this year, that would give them a 1st, 2 - 2nds, 2-3rds and 2-4ths. With that Douglas should be able to add an LT, WR, C, edge rusher and a CB in the 1st 3 rounds. Of course if Gase is still here, it probably won't matter, but with a new HC we could have the start of something.

11. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I find it hard to believe that Joe Douglas is watching this team under Gase week after week and is not saying anything to ownership about potentially cutting ties with Gase.

A guy who came from Philly and helped put together a Super Bowl winning roster is watching his own team crumble every week. If anything is true about Douglas, there is no way in hell he is going about his daily life ignoring the fact that Gase looks like horseshit

4jetfans and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

Yes. Darnold will be fine with a good OL and a better system (new HC).

13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

There is no way you are trading out of #1 or #2 if Chase Young is on the board lmao

Ralebird likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

After last season, I don't think Matt Rhule would even consider the Jets job. Why should Riley and Campbell or Harbaugh for that matter, leave great collegiate HC jobs for the Jets? Nick Sirianni (Colts OC) might be a good option.

15. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

He's regressing because our offensive line is regressing.

In 2018 we gave up 37 sacks.

This year we have given up 34 already!

Sam Darnold will continue to fuck up and make stupid mistakes until the line is fixed. You can not expect a second year QB to produce when he is literally running for his life every fuckin play.

16. NCJetsfan

LMAO There most certainly is. Staying put and taking an edge rusher when we have as many holes as we do and our offense looks so inept would be beyond dumb. I want an elite edge rusher as much as anyone and have for over 10 years, but the #1 priority has to be in fixing the OL and getting Sam some more weapons. Getting an elite edge rusher isn't going to help Sam develop or prevent his not working out. OTOH being able to add a great WR, an LT and C in the draft would go a long ways towards helping Sam succeed.

17. dawinner127

Have you even watched this kid? Some are saying he’s better than Bosa. Also day 2 and day 3 are littered with OL. Go read a few posts from @KurtTheJetsFan about the draft. He’s been preaching this draft is strong as can be on day 2 in regards to the OL.

18. NCJetsfan

It doesn't matter to me if he's the next LT or Reggie White. Without a FQB we aren't going to win. What don't you understand about that? Taking him would do little to help this team. You can't fall in love with players.

19. dawinner127

I’m not going to bet any money on it, but I would say confidently that you can fill your OL way better in the later rounds than finding a player who is said to be better than the one who is going to win DROY This year.

20. NCJetsfan

If Douglas is as good as advertised, he may be able to find a good OG and RT in the lower rounds, but he won't find an LT, #1 CB or C there or a #1 WR. This team needs to fix its offense much more than it needs to add a stud edge rusher. Listen, I would love to add Chase Young if our OL was already solid, and we didn't have all the other holes we do, but that isn't the situation. When the Jets could trade down and potentially fix 3-4 holes, that's what they have to do, not draft one player!