Priority #1 for Douglas : Build Darnold an OL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 27, 2019.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Saying goodbye to Gase , who is up to no good ruining your potential FQB and not adjusting things so the kid is protected , MUST be top priority

Like Contrails said Management/CS must have a Plan in place..but without good management you are running a Fire Drill

Priority #1 A is then fixing the OL and building the Team around QB abilities with the weapons to help

2. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Brook like many folks on this board, you are realizing that Darnold does not have the supporting cast to even have a chance to excel. If I may, I would like to point out the game between Chiefs and Packers on Sunday Night Football.

Here are the backup QB Matt Moore stats for the game:

24 for 36 267 yards 2 TD 0 INT with a rating of 107.1 with 2 sacks for 18 yards

Keep in mind the Chiefs have quite a few injuries of their offensive line like the Patriots. What this shows is that the backup OL for these two teams are outperforming the Jets OL.

Matt Moore who is not a better QB than Sam Darnold outperformed him. Why? How good would Sam be playing for the Chiefs?

This is a clear example it how its not all about the QB as the media would like you to believe.

NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

4. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

This is what happens when you draft poorly for a decade, while also ignoring using high draft capital to draft o-line. Instead we blew a ton of draft capital on a defense that can't even get pressure on a QB.

The jets need to clean house and focus on the o-line before Darnold turns into a bust

NYJetsO12, JetBlue and FJF like this.
  5. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Come on...if this team has demonstrated anything it’s that they’ve disregarded the OL for way too long. We see the results of it every week. It’s the worst OL the Jets have had in as far back as I can remember.

Skill positions become less of a factor if everything falls apart up front. Look no further then Bell for a great example.

I don’t think anyone wants to ignore skill positions either, but how much of an impact do you expect them to have if the QB is getting sacked 5-8 times a game?

CotcheryFan, JetBlue and FJF like this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

What’s truly maddening is the last time they invested heavily in the o line they made playoff runs with brick/nick paying good money to woody and faneca while developing and retaining Moore.

PabloJa, NYJFOREVER, cval and 3 others like this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Wasn't that cool?

Who knows whether Brissett would be any good on a team like the Jets. But he sure plays well behind the Colts brick wall of an offensive line. That franchise had NO problem taking a guard in the top 10 to protect their franchise quarterback along with a left tackle some odd years ago.

NYJetsO12, FJF and grkmanga31 like this.
  8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

The Colts learned the hard way by ruining a generational talent in the process.

PabloJa, Cman68 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That's true. But I'd hedge a bet that no one in our organization realized that Andrew Luck's career was ruined by taking a beating via poor offensive line play. Maccagnan sure didn't care.

Jets81 likes this.
  10. grkmanga31

Jets heading down the same path

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Chuma Edoga - Brian Winters - Jonnatthan Harrison - Alex Lewis - Brandon Shell

worse than

Matt Willig - Everett McIver - Roger Duffy - Matt O'Dwyer - Siupeli Malamala

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Easy. Do everything Darnold did, except on the interceptions, throw the ball away.

13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

The 3 times since 2009 that the Jets allowed less then 2 sacks a game, they went 10-6 (2015) and made the playoffs (2009-2010). Every year where that number reached 2+....

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Frank Pollack fired yet?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Blame Mike McIDIOT !!! He had FIVE fricken drafts with the jets, and drafted a grand total of 3 offensive linemen, two in round FIVE and one in late round THREE. Why the hell did it take so long to fire that stupid moron?!

Brook! and NYJetsO12 like this.
  16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, great times!

17. I have full confidence the jets will fix the OL. History says they will & the GMs background says they will.

I have zero confidence the jets will fix or even address their passing game challenged skill position w an early pick bc history says they wont.

Im well & good w addressing the OL..but id like to see a consistent vertical downfield passing attack just once before I die.The 2014 class was loaded w WRs..that came & went..looks like 2020 we’ll be passing on them as welll.Goodie

18. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

What exactly has Douglas done wrong? I think he will be a big part of the solution.

PabloJa likes this.
  19. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

Totally agree need to build OL, but if Sunday is a map of how the rest of the season pans out, then Gase needs to go. If we don't beat the Phins x2, Bengals and Washington then he needs firing before we worry about the draft.

20. grkmanga31

IMO, I think we probably lose at least once against miami, and we lose both the bengals & redskins games.