I'm Seeing Ghosts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Oct 22, 2019.

1. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

He could do that, but I would expect him to be the UK ambassador for his full term. In a twist though, Woody should really force CJ's hand and tell him to get rid of Gase at seasons end

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  2. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Gase and company never have to come up with good excuses. The fans do it for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

It's amazing what a well executed defensive game plan can do to a QB.
    Luckily for Br*dy, those game plans are usually coming from his sideline, and not the opponents:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...an-clark-tom-brady-sees-ghosts-under-pressure

"When Tom Brady gets pressure and when you're man-to-man and bumping those guys and making it hard for him to throw, he sees ghosts," Clark said Monday, via Comcast SportsNet New England. "Even when guys aren't around him, even when he's not about to be sacked, when his clock goes off in his head that the ball should be out, we'll see him duck, we'll see him flinch. When you get Tom Brady doing that, the whole New England Patriots mystique goes away."

None of what Clark said exactly was revolutionary. Brady himself in the past has discussed his propensity to avoid tacklers who don't exist.

#123 BacktoQueens, Oct 23, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    grkmanga31 and mark82 like this.
  4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I guess it could be worse.

We could be the Atlanta Falcons and could have made the monster mistake of signing Dan Quinn as Head Coach.

Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Devonta Freeman, Austin Hooper, Calvin Ridley, etc... and they are 1-6.

Since Quinn took over, the Falcons are 37 and 34.

In the last 2 years they are 8 and 15

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

We all saw that in the 2010 playoff game :D

BacktoQueens, RPOZ51 and Biggs like this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Easy for you to say, hard for me to believe. Quotes like the one you posted as evidence are "business as usual" for NFL staffs. It could be called damning with faint praise; there is nothing special about it and the sincerity of anything that emerges from the mouth of Belichick is always suspect.

7. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

If you think this team is an unmitigated disaster, and it's time to "quit", you obviously weren't around for the 1996 season, when the whole roster had maybe 4 or 5 total players who deserved to be in the league, and two or three of them didn't look like it that year...

There was plenty of tension that year, though--you never knew just how many mistakes the team would make on a given snap.

ouchy likes this.
  8. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

to be fair it was kind of Sam to gift the beat writers with such a great quote to work with

9. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

How many would you say there are on the current Jets roster? I can think of about 5

stinkyB likes this.
  10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

the only ghosts i am seeing as a fan are the ghosts of kotite and sam mills. LOL

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I have to admit, A.J. Duhe still haunts me in the occasion dream. He taunts me by pretending to drop the ball.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  12. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

There are about 5 that deserve to be starters.
    The '96 team had about 4 that belonged in the NFL period.

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Young Falco 21>>>Don't feel so bad you put your trust in Gase

I had the audacity to predict 10 wins and now if Sam and Offense manage 10 yards and First Down it's a miracle ahaha..at least I am not betting $ like some other guys who think we have turned the corner after Dallas win

Right now I couldn't care less if we win or lose ...part of me wants AG to look further Bad so he's canned pronto vs. seeing Darnold bounce back and win

Even with Joe Douglas the Jets future is still Roulette...(a bit discouraging)

14. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Living in New England I am able to hear various local radio talk shows that New Yorkers like your self can't hear. When the Boston media tried to insult Gase as a dumb coach, copying what the NY media does, various ex-Patriots on some of these shows claimed they were surprised to hear from the Patriot staff and Belichick how much Gase was revered. The fact that Belichick traded Demaryius Thomas to the Jets indicates again he respects Gase. This was the first trade he ever made with the Jets and he did it because he wanted Thomas to be in a successful offensive system for him. This is the same thinking he used when he traded Jimmy G to the 49ers because he also respected Kyle Shanahan's offensive system. Just because Gase is considered a smart offensive mind does not mean he will be a successful coach for the Jets.

I still think Greg Williams was a better choice. Why because if he could get the Browns to win why not the Jets. He also was the DC of a Super Bowl winning team that beat Peyton Manning while in his prime. But having said that Gase is considered a great offensive mind around the league. All I am saying is before listening to the dumb football media in NY, give this guy a chance before condemning him.

If you checked out my past posts you will notice that I have more than once expressed my concern over the Offensive Line. By exploiting the pass blocking weakness of the Jets OL, the Patriots were able to rattle Sam. Some ESPN commentators will claim that Sam didn't read the situation correctly. But it is easy for them to say when they don't have to deal with pass rushers like Sam did. Did you notice how many times the Jets OL were blocking air? As a group, this OL is very questionable and I seriously doubt the Jets will have any success on offense until they correct this deficiency.

Trying to resurrect this franchise is not going to happen overnight. Gase may be a total disaster but give him at least a season. Let me ask you this, do you think even Belichick could make this year's team a winning team?

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Oh, stop - just stop. "Revered" is your characterization, not a word that anyone was going to be using in the context you cite for Gase. And Belichick as humanitarian finding a great place with a great coach for Thomas is way too much to take especially when you recognize the teams play twice a year. If you think you know what Belichick has been thinking when he traded Garrapalo or anyone else, you're giving yourself way too much credit.

Here's a newsflash for you - Belichick does what's best for him and his team, nothing else.

If you think we need to give Gase a chance start by explaining why he got the chance to be here to begin with. What are his accomplishments? What team has he ever improved? What player has he ever improved? The criteria for judging a Jets head coach is not if he can create a winning record this year, it's whether he can make the team better than it has been. There is not a scintilla of evidence that Gase has done anything to improve this team; the opposite is staring us in the face.

Patriot likes this.
  16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah right... Woody Johnson is not like that

17. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Pats D wins me another game in fantasy.

Fantasy, the only place where a Jets fan can be winner.

18. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Brady also has at LEAST 2 receivers open on 99% of the plays they run. He probably never has to look past his 2nd read. We on the other hand often have nobody open and no time for the QB to read progressions anyway.

19. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more and frankly I do not see that happening....not with this HC. BTW - Did it ever occur to you that BB was blowing smoke? I mean he has done that and continues to do that with other coaches he opposes. One more point, AG record is 13-24. maybe that doesn't mean anything to you but he has a losing record as a HC coach and he has shown a propensity to stick to his schemes even when he is seeing that they are failing!

Just saying, maybe you and others should consider his resume and - a - his accomplishments ….1-5 here over last few years 13-24, enough said.

Patriot and ColoradoContrails like this.
  20. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Been saying this for a long time now. Brady is a good QB, but he rarely has to make one of those highlight throws that other QBs make, and rarely throws it into tight windows. The offensive system New England has run over the last 20 years is ridiculously impressive.