Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

Cowherd said Gase doesn't like Williams and they don't speak to each other. Anyone else
    hear that?

Ron

Acad23 likes this.
  2. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Aw, shit. You'd better delete that post. If the Johnsons see it, they'll take it as a personal challenge.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You're right.

I was influenced by recent events.

Those recent events including a losing money on the inept Jets covering the spread.

They can't even lose right... :confused:

Biggs likes this.
  4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Williams was not Gase's hire and forced on him by Mac plus Williams is a threat to Gase. One thing about Gase is wherever he goes goes he tries to consolidate power. G. Williams could easily replace Gase as interim HC and Gase knows it. I am sure Williams is on Gase's enemy list and he will get rid of him the first chance he gets and replace him with another Dowell Loggains yes man.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I bet against the Jets every single week and I'm totally serious. The thinking is simple, if the Jets win, I'm happy cause my favorite team wins. If the jets lose, oh well, I made some money off the deal. you cannot lose!

It's been a lucrative season so far. the kids might like Christmas this year

6. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

It got Brian Billick a decade of coaching in the NFL and a SB ring. Billick's offensive guru rep obviously went down the tubes with his parade of ineffective offenses in Baltimore though.

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I've heard him say it a few times on air...but he never delves into it or credits the source.

We may have another mole... :confused:

8. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

At first I was thinking...Leonard Williams? Quinnen Williams? Then it hit me lol...can't say I'm surprised. Gase already got his superior fired, might as well go for the biggest threat underneath too.

Noam likes this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I know... I bet with half my heart.

The other half bet the moneyline... :confused:x2

10. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Welcome to Party, pal. I've been doing just that for the past few years. (And my brother too.)

BrowningNagle likes this.
  11. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I'll give you it got him the Ravens gig. Winning that SB ring in his second year got him those extra years....

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I think you skipped over a word in my post, NC. Allow me to repeat it here:

viable
    adjective
    vi·a·ble | \ ˈvī-ə-bəl \
    Definition of viable

1a : capable of living a viable skin graft viable offspring
    b of a fetus : having attained such form and development of organs as to be normally capable of surviving outside the uterus a 26-week old viable fetus
    c : capable of growing or developing viable seeds viable eggs

2a : capable of working, functioning, or developing adequately viable alternatives
    b : capable of existence and development as an independent unit The colony is now a viable state.
    c(1) : having a reasonable chance of succeeding a viable candidate
    (2) : financially sustainable a viable enterprise

13. BrowningNagle

yea. that was a HUGE fuck up by everyone's favorite general manager Joe Douglas. the minute Sam Darnold was diagnosed with mono, he should've brought in a decent backup. After Siemian got hurt though?? it was inexcusable to not bring someone in. Even now, why are they rolling with David Fales???!!?!?

but everyone on this website wants to fire Gase and put Douglas in the HOF. super weird

--

Teddy Bridgewater 5-0 as a starter btw... thank God we got that 3rd round pick though instead of having a good QB right???? (I realize THAT fuck up is on Maccagnan)

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

I gave Gase hell before Dallas, Then after Monday i was ready to go back to hating him, but it was the Pats, who are going to the super bowl unless Mahomes, Jackson or Watson can perform a miracle in Foxboro in late Jan.

Don't get me wrong Monday was awful. But the true test comes now, Jags, Phins, Giants, Washington, Raiders, Bengals, phins. They are 7 very winnable football games. For me Gase needs at least 4 wins from those. If we only have 3 wins that means we'll have lost a game to the bengals, redskins or phins. Which is unacceptable and he can go. I can see how we might lose to raiders, giants and Jags, but we need 4 wins from the others. Otherwise Gase can go immediately.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I mean I'd normally agree as we normally fuck up anything and everything that has to do with depth. But Siemien is a quality backup. And once you get to the third string quarterback any production you get is a bonus. We got no bonuses as we normally don't.

I think the larger fuck up is choosing Falk over Fales. Falk is the equivalent of a rookie. Fales has been in the NFL as a backup for five years and has played an NFL game. One.... But still. I think he would've faired better than Falk who was just a sitting duck.

16. BrowningNagle

Siemian got injured early in week 2. Week 2, the season ain't over by any means. the Jets knew Darnold was going to be out awhile. trades are still allowed in this league. There were more options than Falk or Fales or Vinny Testaverde

now the season is over though

ColoradoContrails and Ralebird like this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Yeah but that's the thing. You answered your own statement. Vinny T is sitting on his couch and would've cost us the 20 year veteran minimum. We DIDN'T need to make a trade and give up draft equity. We needed to make a call to South Florida.

There's honestly no doubt in my mind that Vinny can still throw a 20 yard out on a frozen rope.

#1217 Jonathan_Vilma, Oct 24, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  18. BrowningNagle

There aren't any ghosts that a 55 year old graybeard like Vinny hasn't already seen

19. Jonathan_Vilma

To be fair too. What QB was coming in after week two, go play two weeks and able to learn an entire offensive system that quickly? There's a reason when teams get to QB3 they have to just stick with practice squad players and pray. Because they're the only guys that know the system.

It happened with Dallas when Romo got hurt some years ago. I think it was Matt Cassell. And after he signed after one of the opening weeks he didn't actually play until week 5 or 6.

20. BrowningNagle

a veteran like Tyrod Taylor, Robert Griffin III, Eli Manning, Sam Bradford, etc.. coulda gave you 2,3 games playin street ball. They all could've been had in one way or another and you adjust your system on the fly for what they play

certainly a better option than Fales, Falk. Maybe we aren't talking draft picks before halloween. And when Darnold sees ghosts or stubs his toe, you still have that calming veteran presence you can put in the game

ColoradoContrails likes this.