I’m done with this team

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Oct 21, 2019.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I don’t care about the comment. It’s him being honest talking to someone and telling them what he’s seeing (or not seeing). I don’t think it’s a big deal. It’s literally the same as if a WR saying my hands aren’t working and he’s mic’d up. Media will run with it but it’s a moot point IMO.

Peebag, Acad23 and IDFjet like this.
  2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Bellicheck always built the oline first, never really had great receivers or running backs, has a great QB and gives him endless time to pick you apart, Brady could have cut his finger nails while waiting for someone to break open and when he felt pressure, which was rare, he would unload the ball in less than 2 seconds.... Douglas/Gase take note

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Agreed poor judgement mic him up

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The ridiculous uniforms were the beginning of the end for me. They don't even look like the Jets to me any more, regardless of how bad they still play.

5. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

I truly feel bad for the younger Jet fans. The performance last night was like a major kick in the balls.

The trust fund twins don’t really give a crap about any of us, it’s all about the $$$. We need to stop attending games, and buying any merchandise. Unfortunately in today’s it’s all about me, we probably won’t.

I really can’t fault any Jet fan for bailing on this group that they have the audacity to call a team.
    The hope would be that Douglas can get us out of this, but the owners will get involved again. Gase just plain sucks.

Last night I actually made halftime, and in any future games that they suck I will just find something else to do. Jet fans are the most passionate in the NFL. We just don’t deserve this.

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I'm only 28 so I'm curious where I fall in comparison to the rest of the people on this board, but I think it was after the first Pats game or Eagles game where I made a comment about how I'm already starting to feel numb to the disappointment this team brings me.

Oh.. and to those who are leaving

[​IMG]

7. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I said it another thread......if Sam doesn't pan out, the "I see Ghosts" game will be his "Butt Fumble" game.

Cman68 likes this.
  8. Yeah no big deal..theyve only rubbed our faces in it for nearly 20 fucking yrs around every turn.Cheat against us & make us the antagionist. Their fans are vindictive entitled parasites.

Youre entitled to your opinion & you dont have to agree..but Finally avenging the pats is the ONLY reason i come back anymore. And im sure there are others that feel the same.

9. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. Was it the ghost of Vernon Gholston? Calvin Pryor maybe? Dee Milliner?

When i think of the jets i see those ghosts too

Stagman likes this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

My sig says it all. Been following this team since 1964 and I'm giving them until 2020 to get turned around. I knew nothing was going to come of this season as it still is a team in transition. All I asked for was signs of improvement of which there is precious few.

I can honestly say that this isn't fun anymore. I'm done with the excuses too. I don't even wear my Jets gear anymore because of the "you poor bastard" comments I get when I do. As long as the Johnsons own the Jets, the Jets aren't going to be anything other than irrevelant. They simply refuse to hire true Football people thinking their way works when the record says otherwise. What works for other organizations just doesn't work for the Jets. They don't get that or they refuse to accept it.

2020 is the end of the line for me. This year is over already even for those that still puff on the green pipe. If this type of play continues one more year, I'm done as a fan and will become simply a casual observer. For those that say good riddance, I say to you, "Good Luck" and I hope you won't have to wait another 50 years.

At least I can go fishing..Thank God!!

#71 Cman68, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    JeTsInTexas and NYJetsO12 like this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Dial up a Jets game lately and you don't see Ghosts ..You see the the Toilet Bowl in motion

Oh wait ...Bowles was 4 and a half years ago? Nothings changed with the Product the Johnsons sell us..a big Win here and there ...No effort , no demand for better Coaching...

BTW..If Gates has no hissy fit we would still have Macagnan!!!

Sell the Team ...Please !!!

Go check out the Post on line: "Jets report card ..Total Failure"...Gase and the Offense gave Williams no help to stem Pats Tidal Wave

After this Horror Show guaranteed Chris and Woody don't even bother calling Gase...yawn ..gotta Plan for 100 guests at Thanksgiving

Maybe take a 2 year break from this sh!t ..contemplating it. See what J Douglas can cook up over that time and get rid of AG

No light at end of this Tunnel and certainly No Guarantees

papapump likes this.
  13. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

The bottom won't be until they lose to Miami in two weeks and Gase gets pantsed worse than Darnold last night.

You may not care but as they say in politics it's just horrible optics to have that kind of comment come out publicly and he's gonna get pounded ten times worse now than he would have just based off the performance. Plus it's just indiciative...you lose your poise after less than one lousy half that's bad.

#73 NYJFan10, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  14. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I'm probably the worst age for a Jet fan apart from one who just came in after the SB year, too young to remember the '80's teams that actually were good for the most part, grew up with the junk in the late '80's and early '90's similar to now.

15. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

Yeah I went carpet shopping this pat weekend wearing my Jets hoodie and I got shit on five different times in a manner of two hours. The worst comments came from a fat ginger loss prevention kid at Ross store "you know your team is going to lose Monday night". I wanted to beat his ass like a red headed step child.

Cman68 likes this.
  16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Shit just wears you down man...

JeTsInTexas and Stagman like this.
  17. Its those type of assholes that keep me coming back for more torture. Shoving it back in their face JUST ONCE would make it all worth it.

Unfortunately this team cant do anything right.

JeTsInTexas likes this.
  18. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

[QUOTE="dawinner127, post: 3865743, member: 11831"]I don’t care about the comment. It’s him being honest talking to someone and telling them what he’s seeing (or not seeing). I don’t think it’s a big deal. It’s literally the same as if a WR saying my hands aren’t working and he’s mic’d up. Media will run with it but it’s a moot point IMO.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it seems to be a top topic of this morning commentators. Like someone else posted it might become worst than the butt fumble, it will become part of NFL history. When this team will suck twenty years from now, and they will rank top losses in Jets history you will see butt fumble and the I see ghost games.

19. mark82

mark82 Active Member

Should never have been mic'd up as people have said. Ridiculous.

Wayyyy to much is being made of this and he has hand fed the media their headlines.

I really won't dwell on it though and I hope he can move on from it. Any other circumstances and this could be seen as a throw away (no pun intended) comment. But instead we have the boogey man shit and NE players laughing in the locker room about it. For me, it is the exact same meaning as "I'm playing crap/I'm having a nightmare/man I suck tonight"

I'll get behind Sam next week, he needs our support as it even looked like his coach was lost for words and so uninspiring when the mic picked up his pathetic 'pep talk' to him on the sidelines.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

WHY shouldn't Darnold have been mic'ed up?

this is the NFL, lets stop babying him. I'm glad he was mic'ed up so everyone could see what a fucking failure he was last night