Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Again, let's talk facts.

Osemele had a strained pectoral muscle which sidelined him during preseason.
    Shell had an injured knee that sidelined him.
    Kalil was signed August 1st and had to learn the playbook.

But yeah why didn't Gase play them together during P.S?!

Well, maybe because two of them were injured and one of them was signed a month ago LOL

And again, for the 100th time, I am not saying Gase coached a perfect game and has ZERO blame. I have stated, and will state again, that Gase was not the cause of the problems nor should he be blamed for the performance as one sole individual.

Finally, you talk about facts but your argument is backed by an opinion developed by yourself that Gase is an "egomaniac" and he believes he is a "genius". You talk about MY delusions?

Do me a favor, point me in the direction where I can find the facts that support your claim of him being an "egomaniac"? Actual physical facts. Not more opinions to back your opinion.

2. Falco21

No, you're ignoring the statements I have made "ad nauseam".

But since you do not want to spell it out for me, let me spell it out for you:

Gase is not to blame, solely, for the poor gameplay. Gase is coaching with horseshit and adjusting his gameplan during halftime to fit a 3rd string QB who has never played in an NFL game in his life.

But thank you for acknowledging the facts I have laid out, per your initial sentence.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm sure that if the starting OL doesn't get it together this week in practice that Gase will make some changes. I was speaking with regards to Gase's comments before the game last night. With two games under their belts and at least 8-10 practices together, the OL should be playing better, even with all else that was going against them. The thing is that we don't see what Gase sees in practice. Edoga and Compton may look and play a lot worse than Beacham and Winters or Osemele. If that's the case, what is he supposed to do?

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Do ME a favor: show me once where I or anyone else has said that Gase deserves sole and complete blame for this shit show? But for chrissakes, stop trying to absolve him of the obvious mistakes he's making! He does a great job of that himself.

5. Falco21

My comments were not directed at you until you started responding to me.

My comments were aimed at certain individuals on this board who are blatantly ignoring all the facts I laid out and saying that Gase has got to go because he has no idea what he's doing.

Claiming Gase makes mistakes, is an accurate assessment. Claiming that Gase is the reason we suck right now and claiming his gameplan's are the cause of it, is ignorance.

I am, as I have stated before, in no means crowning Gase King of New York. What I am doing though, is pointing out every issue this team is facing at the moment, which there are A LOT, and painting a much darker picture than just a "blame Gase" mantra.

I'll say it again, until Darnold is back with Herndon, I will reserve judgement on Adam Gase. Until then, he is coaching with dog shit trying to make something work with LUKE FUCKIN FALK!

6. ColoradoContrails

Try calling for different blocking schemes/double teams; different plays like roll outs, handing it off more to Bell; using Montgomery as a WR. Gase has already made a lot of poor decisions.

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

that's an awfully simplistic perspective on the difficulty of assembling a team -- cutting a bad player doesn't mean there will be a better player available to replace him with. Perhaps the bad player you have is still better than any free agent available to you. what do you do then? Cut the better player for a worse player? does that really sound like a reasonable course to you?

Jets81, dmw and BrowningNagle like this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

Again, NO ONE has said that this is all Gase's fault, but his game plan and lack of adjustments ARE his fault.

Cut and paste a quote where a poster said this was ALL Gase's fault. Otherwise, be open to the criticisms rightly directed at his decisions.

9. ColoradoContrails

Of course it's simplistic. We can't possibly know everything that's going on behind the scenes. That said, we can express our disagreements with what we DO know. But having said that, and agreeing that you don't just cut players regardless of whether you have better options, are you saying that in the 9 months Gase was on the job here that he couldn't have done a better job in identifying and getting talent? Again, he's not the GM, but he DOES have a say in personnel, especially since he obviously had the Johnson's ear.

What I'm saying is that while he can;t be blamed solely for the roster, he can't be completely absolved either.

SOJAZ likes this.
  10. Falco21

You want me to go through more pages than I already have? Because all of the comments below ignore everything and put the blame solely on Gase. Especially those that hope he is fired for his performance, ignoring everything else:

11. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

The OL didn't play together until the week of the 1st game. In fact AG said that the backups were playing well...so sorry to disagree again but those are the facts.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. Falco21

No, the facts are Osemele was sidelined with a pectoral injury, Shell was sidelined with a knee injury, and Kalil signed in August and had to learn the playbook.

THOSE are the facts

13. ColoradoContrails

But not one of these says "Gase bears SOLE responsibility for this". Yes, many are ready to fire him - myself, I only say don't fire him YET because that will make this season even worse than it will likely be. But wanting him fired isn't the same as saying he's solely to blame. But he IS the quickest solution - after all you ca't fire the entire team, and the owners who SHOULD be fired can't be, so what does that leave?

But the point that I personally am trying to make is that Gase has some serious problems that are his and he needs to fix them. However, as I've said before, I doubt that he even sees them and therefore won't be looking to fix anything and that's depressing. If he doesn't make these adjustments, then I will call for his firing at the end of the season even though I know he won't be.

14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Of course we're not entitled to know about every single team but the NFL requires that coaches talk to the media in order to keep fans informed of what the teams are doing. Having a high dollar individual riding the pine requires some kind of explanation.

15. Falco21

I didn't think that I needed to spell out for you that all of these comments point to Gase as the sole reason for the piss poor play, hence why many want him fired, despite the shit talent he has on the field due to injuries.

Is it so hard for you to notice this in the responses on this forum?

The offensive line sucks - "well Gase should have benched them or replaced them"
    We are starting a 3rd string QB - "well Gase should have gameplanned better around him"
    Our offense doesn't score points - "well Gase should get the ball to Bell more"

It all comes back to Gase. Forget that the offensive line was put together by Mac and then later addressed in a late attempt by Douglas. Forget that Gase gameplanned for a second string QB in a week who then goes down and now has to adjust to a 3rd string QB. Forget that Bell had 120+ yards from scrimmage, Gase wasn't getting him the ball enough.

It's insane what is coming from this board.

16. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

All I know is I’m getting tired of enjoying the off season activities more than the season itself.....year after year.

I know I’m not alone ...

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

What about w-l record don't you get. Mitigating factors yes... to GP and then not make any adjustments in both games is bad coaching. Ask yourself what part of the team is playing better...D or O. Who is coaching? The D looked pretty good last night w/o their MLB and starting DL didn't they? ST also... Even with Sam in game one how much O did they generate? The GP for last night was almost exactly what you saw in game one and to say otherwise is just wrong.

One more point, in one of your posts you say he lost the GP because QB #2 got hurt. AG stated that nothing changed when poor # 3 came into the game... SO he called the same GP as he would have irrespective of the injury correct? Also, as the announcers stated last night Falk is thoroughly familiar with AG O - maybe even more so the SAM - yet they didn't score any point... just saying.

but lets take the mitigating circumstance you and other state to cover for poor GPing and poor coaching - look at the pics you posted above and tell me why the OL players were still in the game.... oh well I guess we can speculate about that another time.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm with you Falco...

Keep up the good fight.

Once I get over my "hangover" from last nite I'll pipe in.

19. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

No offense but can you read... I said they didn't play together until the 1st game week.

20. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

One thing that Gase has no excuse for is he has been a head coach for over 3 years. One thing that he was in his rookie season, perhaps many I am sure would give him a chance.

His play calling has been questionable for the first two games. Yes at the same time he has mediocre personnel at the OL, and QB play. We ll see where he is in week 7. My concern on Gase, is can he control his team and gain their confidence as the season goes on especially if they lose more games.