Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Agree completely. There are numerous problems on the team, and right now it's not on him. Once Mosley, Sam, Herndon and Big Q come back, and get some games under their belts we will have a better idea. It's way too premature to be calling for his head now and completely inaccurate due the fact that they don't have much experience together and are on their 3rd string QB.

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Another amazingly dumb thing by Gase... not playing Montgomery when we a.) have bad WR options, b.) are down one of those bad options and c.) he produced when given touches.

I wonder if we'll sign another body at WR with DT out considering the offensive genius only carries 5 WRs with two being special teamers. We wouldn't be talking about the stupid Bellamy drop if Bellamy didn't have to play, which he never should.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree with all of this except your comment about Jonah Williams. He was NOT the answer imo. It would have been hard for him to play any worse than Beacham at this point, but he was not worth taking at #3, and I don't think will be an LT for long in the NFL.

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The one who's "ignoring" facts is you, by ignoring what those of us on Gase's ass are saying: He's shown no sign of adjusting his play calling to what's happening on the field. If he IS trying to adjust and the players can't perform, why are they out there? Yes, Macc signed most of the players, but Gase had input on the roster, and he certainly was able to see them in T.C. and preseason, so why didn't he cut such awful players and get new ones? The bottom line is that you want to give Gase a free pass, and some if us feel he shares responsibility for it.

SOJAZ and Noam like this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

That's it in a nutshell. At worst they'd be 1-1 and last night's game would've been competitive. Gase has shown nothing so far to justify him being a HC.

Noam likes this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

Really? You don't get the "Fuck you, I'll do whatever I want and won't explain it" attitude?

This guy isn't going to survive a season.

7. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

By the way the team plays. The Def looks decent and ST too but the O looks inconsistent, missing assignments and have poor communication. You can blame Mac, CJ whomever but this GUY selected these guys , has been coaching these very players for months and talking up his super O. unfortunately what you have is a more dysfunctional team then last years TB team which is quite sobering ..........

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Gase lost his starting QB this week. In his place. Siemien took the starting role. Gase praticed with him as a starter for the remaidner of the week and gameplaned around him playing.

Siemien had 6 passes before breaking his ankle. Gase's gameplan broke with it, and in walks Luke Falk.

Luke Falk went 20 for 25 with 198 yards passing and a 99.7 rating.
    Le'Veon Bell finished the game with 129 all purpose yards.
    Robby Anderson finished with 4 catches for 81 yards.

So in a nutshell, the offensive line looked like dogshit, no starting TE, and a complete change of QB to a third string guy who ended up passing for almost 200 yards with a 99 rating, yet you want to state that I am "ignoring the facts"?

Let me give you some more facts. Here are some photos to display how piss poor the offensive line was:

4 guys in backfield to sack Siemien, notice where our offensive lineman are? 3 of them are not engaged with an individual

[​IMG]

And here is another image to display how great our line blocked for him. One is on the floor and two are blocking a phantom defensive lineman:

[​IMG]

Ok, fine. One more:

[​IMG]

Now you asked why are these players out there?

Well, I guess maybe you missed the news as of late, but I can summarize it for you.

Darnold has mono.
    Siemien broke his leg.
    Herndon is serving a 4 game suspension for PEDs.
    Enunwa is out for the season with a second neck injury.
    Kalil came out of retirement to help an offensive line that was not addressed in Mac's last offseason.
    Demarius Thomas injured his hamstring.

But fuck it. It's Gase's fault!

Gase was making out with Darnold, gave him mono, while rubbing Enunwa's neck a little too hard causing Herndon to have to take PEDs to get stronger to stop him from breaking Siemien's leg and forcing Kalil to think he needs to come out of retirement to save the Jets, all while Mac watched and was forced to run out of town chased by Demaryus Thomas who pulled his hamstring in the process.

Fuck you Gase

Martin&theJETS and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Wow, Jets fans really ARE stupid as fuck.

cval and Al13 like this.
  10. Al13

Al13 Member

there will be 3 very good QB‘s projects out there if they all declare in Tua, Fromm and Love...they will get their QB and a lot more

11. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Disagree... you can blame him because he is playing them... he BOOSTED about these veterans and arrogantly dismissed the question about the OL before the 1st game by stating, "I am not worried about them because they are veterans and will be ok." How that working out?

12. ColoradoContrails

I actually liked the play at the time as it almost gave this putrid game a shot of possibility, but after thinking about it, I agree with you, and it speaks to a deeper, more troubling aspect of Gase's ability. I suspect that he does possess a very innovative offensive mind, BUT...he doesn't account for the actual ability of the players he has to implement his ideas. It's a classic ego-centric mindset: I'm so smart that I can make up for the deficiencies around me. When he a a really good roster to work with in Denver he could succeed, but since then, with lesser talent, no success.

The horrible thing is that we're stuck him for at least this season because realistically what's the option? Make Williams the acting HC? After he got burned by the Browns, I'm pretty sure he's going to demand a multi-year commitment before he agrees to that, and if he doesn't, what will happen if you fire him and replace him with some other "genius"? More likely Gase gets this season as a "pass' and we're stuck with him for at least another season, and I can't see him improving in any case. This is darkest point I've experienced as a Jets fan in decades.

13. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

hey Joe, why don't you try looking at his coaching record the last there years. 3-19 and 0-2 here.

14. ColoradoContrails

Exactly!

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Seriously? Who else is he going to play? Compton? Edoga? Harrison? None of those guys is exactly confidence-inspiring. Gase was trying to show confidence in his starters. If he hadn't, I'm sure that someone would have ripped him for that. I can see replacing Kalil with Harrison, if Kalil doesn't know the offense that well or is struggling physically. If the OL has any sense of gelling, however, he has to stick with the same group of players and give them time. That's what happens when you have a new OL coach, a new offense and offensive system, have little or no time to practice together in TC and in preseason games. It sucks, but it's what it is. Gase isn't a miracle worker and no one else is, either. You can't turn chicken shit into chicken salad.

16. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

here are some facts for you 3-19 and 0-2 now. AG record the last couple of years with the fish and here...See any comparison to the two. If you do not then your the one ignoring facts.

17. ColoradoContrails

Yes, I agree the OL sucked, but whose decision was it to NOT PLAY them together during P.S.? If he had done, maybe he would've seen how terrible they were and demanded that Douglas sign some other guys.

But aside from that how about his play calling? As Noam pointed out, it was strategically stupid to throw that pass that Bellamy dropped because there almost no upside to it even if he hung onto it, and as a result they went into the half down 13 instead of 10, a whole different ball game. And then why the passes on 3rd and 2 in the red zone when you have one of the best RBs in the game? These were the two most glaring examples of his "genius".

But as I posted earlier, I think the problem is much deeper. Gase is an egomaniac and simply believes that he can make up for any deficiencies by his "genius". This leads him to conclude that he can implement his "creative game plans" even though he doesn't have the personnel to do it. It worked in Denver where he did have the players, but since then? Nope.

You may want to hang onto your delusions about him, but the evidence is irrefutable: he's not HC material, just like Bowles wasn't, and I'm sick with the prospect of watching the Johnsons hold onto him because they don't want to admit what everyone else knows: they're idiots.

18. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Understand your position and I sorry to disagree... If you think the guys are cutting it as presently constituted then you try something else anything. but to do nothing and call the same uninspiring GP, come on man your better then your comment.

19. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Yeah there's a comparison, but lets paint the entire picture.

Starting QB out for weeks.
    Backup QB out for the season.
    Starting TE out for 4 weeks.
    Starting WR out for the season.
    Starting MLB out for at least 1 week.
    Starting DL out for at least 1 week.
    6th K this year.
    3rd QB in 3 weeks.

Ignoring the facts

20. ColoradoContrails

All of those are true, but you continue to ignore what else is true. And no I'm not going to spell it out for you as I and others have done so ad nauseum. You want to keep your head in the sand, fine. Enjoy the view.